Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks Post Op And Gaining!!

Well, like most of us you probably lost a lot of Water weight at first. Water weight comes back sometimes when you get off of your liquid diet. Please give your body some time to adjust to introducing solids back.

Thank you very much.. I will try to be patient...

You're still on the mushies phase - which is about your body feeling and learning to eat - SLOWLY. Focus on that and not on the weigh loss - this is a long term lifestyle change not a diet where you should be worried about fast results.

wow that is much different than my instructions. So far so good for me.

You're still on the mushies phase - which is about your body feeling and learning to eat - SLOWLY. Focus on that and not on the weigh loss - this is a long term lifestyle change not a diet where you should be worried about fast results.

Thanks, I guess I just don't want to gain this weight back. Most of us have been in this struggle for a very long time, and I'm no exception. I guess I still have that mindset as if I DON'T have a band, a tool that will help me. I will try to keep these things in mind...

Should have written healing not feeling.

I hear you - I battled my weight for 20+ years before the band. But take it slow, it works - just:

1. When it doubt - talk to your surgeron thats what you pay him for - adjustments are part of the process.

2. However dont rely solely on adjustments to drop the weight - the band is a tool put without a committment from you - you can work around it.

3. You dont need to be 100% perfect 100% of the time ( once you are fully recouped) - strive for 95% and accept 90%!

Good luck

I posted the same thing last week. I lost 6 lbs the 1 week and 5 lbs the 2nd week. But gained 3 lbs back the 3 rd week. I freaked oit

I freaked out. But this site helped me to remember that the 1st month is for healing. I will be 4 weeks post op on Tues. When I weighed myself today, I lost 4 lbs.

Umm.. I didn't know I did.. lol.. I will look at it again...

How did you add the ticker ...

Add ticker:

1. click on one of my tickers below. You will be taken to ticker factory website.

2. Click in the ticker factory logo.

3. Select weight loss ticker and customize.

4. Copy the bbCode link

5. On lapbandtalk, go to edit settings (click on screen name in top right corner)

6. Select signature

7. Paste the bbCode in the signature box and select save. If you did everything correctly, your signature will now show a preview on the same screen.

I freaked out. But this site helped me to remember that the 1st month is for healing. I will be 4 weeks post op on Tues. When I weighed myself today, I lost 4 lbs.

Thanks for the inspiration, I will continue what I'm doing.

Wow. 6 weeks before real food? My surgeon wants me on at least a week of real food before my first adjustment. My schedule was:

Day 1 - Water

Day 2-7 - liquids

Day 8-14 - pureed foods

Day 15-21- Mushy foods

Day 22 and after - Solid foods

I guess every office is different, just depends on what they have found that works. My surgeon and about half of his office have all had some type of weight loss surgery. But I do believe that you have to see what works best for you, in my case, after I'm done healing.. LOL..

Every surgeon has a different post-op diet to follow and every nutrionist has a different daily diet they want us to follow. I didn't have real food until 6 weeks after surgery. Trust me, it was a LONG six weeks lol. I was freak'n starving!

My nutrionist says at least 60g of Protein, no more than 125g of carbs, and no more than 20% fat. Very different than a lot I see on here eating very little carbs. Just another example of drastically different offices think when it comes to WLS.

But it also is further proof that at the end of the day, we all must do what works best for our specific body and lifestyle, regardless of what anyone else says or does.

I was on solids at week 2. Every surgeon has their on preferences .

For the first 6 weeks you are healing, TRY not to get on the scale. HA! I know, I know. A band does not proving much weight loss immediately after surgery. This is NOT gastric bypass where patients lose the majority of their weight shortly after surgery.

Your body has been through quite the trauma of surgery, you might have just a little bit of fill in your band, if any, from the surgery. If you are losing anything right now, it is due to YOU. Ok, anything you lose with a band is due to you, but it sure helps to be in the green zone.

My surgeon told me not to worry about my weight until we started doing fills. If I gained a few, he didn't care, he said. He said that he knew I'd done tons of diets over the years and they don't work, why torture myself now with an unfilled band? Just wait until we get it adjusted right and THEN we'll talk about weight loss. LOVE him, by the way! I was banded Feb 15, 2008, I did not start losing until June, after my second fill.

Really, this is a lifetime journey, not a one time event. It's a process. You will get there. To quote my favorite movie, "patience, Highlander."

Every surgeon has a different post-op diet to follow and every nutrionist has a different daily diet they want us to follow. I didn't have real food until 6 weeks after surgery. Trust me, it was a LONG six weeks lol. I was freak'n starving!

My nutrionist says at least 60g of Protein, no more than 125g of carbs, and no more than 20% fat. Very different than a lot I see on here eating very little carbs. Just another example of drastically different offices think when it comes to WLS.

But it also is further proof that at the end of the day, we all must do what works best for our specific body and lifestyle, regardless of what anyone else says or does.

I sooooo agree! Thanks for the advice....