Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

thank you p'nut.....I know,,,im going to work on sending them tonight....

thanks again for all of your help.

I hope everyone is doing good on thier eating and exercise...and oh yes cant forget the water!!!

Hey Kristin..hang in there. I know how you feel...I have had 0 restriction. I am going to get my 3rd fill tomorrow...and hope this helps. Hope things get better for you!

Rhonda and Skye--Both of your familys are in my prayers. I am so sorry.

I am having some MAJOR PROBLEMS sticking to ANY bandsters rules this week!:help: I am getting this "I DON'T CARE" attitude! I tell myself EVERY morning "you can do this, you're going to have a good day" Then I get to work and food goes into my mouth!! Am I hungry? NO!! Is it good for me food? NO! Why the H*** am I doing this to myself?? I am so close to 100lbs lost and here I am doing this! I want to kick my own A$$ AFTER I eat but not while I am stuffing this junk in!

OK my ranting is over so everyone can come on and kick my butt for me! PLEASE!!

:angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry

Daisybelle - *hugs you* Talk more about what's going on with the sugar. Maybe some of us have gone through the same thing and can offer help.

I have always been addicted to sugar. I was able to break the hold in the weeks before my band surgery and was doing really well. But my Mom died unexpectedly in January and I lost control again. I was also suffering the effects of a too tight fill at the time and the only thing I could get down - the only comfort I could find - was in ice cream. Pretty much all I ate for about 2 weeks or more was ice cream in some form or another.

I am doing better now because I haven't touched ice cream in a couple of weeks, but I am still having trouble with sweets in general.

I feel very selfish because it's all I think of.. trying to break the addiction again. It's all I can do to be civil to people right now, though my family says they haven't noticed! :speechles Good thing they love me because I seem to put them through this way too often.

I'm sorry too that I haven't been able to do more than come here to complain. I just don't seem to have the capacity to help anyone right now. Not even myself. Thank you all for asking.. for caring..

I am getting this "I DON'T CARE" attitude! I tell myself EVERY morning "you can do this, you're going to have a good day" Then I get to work and food goes into my mouth!! Am I hungry? NO!! Is it good for me food? NO! Why the H*** am I doing this to myself??

Wow, how many times have I said these very things to myself in utter disgust and frustration. I have no clue why we do this, but the good news is you've overcome this before and you can do it again! Minute by minute we make choices. Where we end up in life - in fact, where we are this very moment is because of choices we have made. When you are bringing that food to your mouth, get pissed off and choose to shove it away. You see the results of letting it control you. It produces self loathing and fat bodies. I know you care about that! You've come too far to let it knock you back now. To quote you, 'Never give up!' :D

Daisybelle, this goes for you too. Get mad and break free. These old "demons" sneak up on us and get a foothold in our lives before we notice it. But you do recognize it and that's a huge step! We are all here fighting the same battle and we link arms with you and Coyotegirl - together we can beat this thing! Fight that stupid food demon! :fencing: :boxing:

I changed my siggy today. Like it? *Grins*

Spring Break really took a toll on me. Sorry I haven't been able to check in, got in last night from Texas and took all day today catching up on the site and getting everything finished around the house.

I'm a little nervous to get on the scale this week. I spent a week eating out at yummy yummy places. I don't even want to think about the calories I took in. And sadly I wasn't drinking very much Water.< /p>

My name is Josette and I'm 30 years old. I live in Lansing, Michigan. I'm married with no children (yet). We have 2 german shepards and a big black kitty cat (he needs a lapband too). I haven't been banned yet but made the decision a few weeks ago to improve my life for good.

My job unfortunately is going through a software overhaul, which means lots of training, so I have to wait till April 11th to go to my PCP to get my forms filled out. Then I get to start the consult with my Lap Band doctor and all the fun begins!

My husband is being very supportive to me. He's scared about it but supports my decision because he says "I know you're a smart woman that makes good choices" awwwwwwww! I also have the support of my 19 year old brother and my father. My mother, who was my best friend, passed away 5 months ago and I know I need to live a healthy life for her.

I've decided not to share the fact that I'm getting the surgery with very many people but I did tell my mom's best friend, who in turn told me that she knows in her gut my mother wouldn't approve. This hurt me deeply but I choose to believe that I knew her better and I know she'd support me and I know she's supporting me from above. :angel:

I was going to wait until I was banned to join this group but I find myself coming here everyday to read what's going on so I'm jumping in the group pool with both feet!

Did anybody else find themselves pigging out once they made the decision to do it before they get to the first consult?? I need to be STOPPED! haha :faint:

So I just ate my LAST Dove chocolate minature and it was wrapped in foil that has those little inspirational notes inside and it read "IF THEY CAN DO IT, YOU KNOW YOU CAN" Do you think it's a sign???

Josette,

welcome! Yes I can feel your pain.....when i decided to go with the lapband, i was fortunate enough to get my surgery date the following week, so needless to say i didnt have much time, but I did have my share of "last meals" so to speak.....

You will be thankful when you are in lapband world...the change is wonderful, can be hard at first especially with the mind "retraining" at least that was the hardest part for me..surgery was simple, no pain, no gas, nothing, i did get sick from the anthesia though....other than that sailed thru it like nothing...good luck and welcome to the "gone for good club"....

oh and yes the candy note....YES,,,what a sign!!!

Hi Josette, and welcome to the club.

Because I self paid I didn't have time to have a lot of last meals but I did get my share in and they were yummy. I tell people all the time, whether they know I have the band or not that it's all in the mind. Just as Txblue_eyedqt said, it's retraining your mind to eat less. I still after all this time put to much food on my plate and end up throwing it away. I haven't learned to go for less when I am home. Now out, it's a different story for me, I am scared of PBing all over the place that I eat with caution and I normally ask for a carryout tray immediately.

Anyway, good luck with the process and stay here with us. This is the best group of LapBander's out there!:)

Hey Josette,

Welcome aboard, so happy you have joined us. Yes, I had 4 months of last meals until I strarted my pre-op diet. pizza, sandwiches & tons of chips. You would have thought I was having my last meal ever. Even though I miss those things terrible, the results on the scale makes it all worth it.

Good luck to you, Kim

:spy: shhhhhhh, **whisper voice** Y'all cant see me. Im here spying on Kathy/Best Me... checking out her stat's - making sure she hasnt posted a lower weight. :spy:

P'nut- I know I have been feeling like a pig recently what with my one pound gain, but after checking in on page one I was ready to call Guinness (sp?)...

:faint2:

Two thousand eight hundred and eighty seven pounds? Are we mad at me? Just kidding, I know you were updating at 2am. :hug:

You are doing a great job with this board and I suspect I will be able to post a small loss this week. Yay? Maybe...

I bet I lose weight this week for sure. Can't stop coughing, sneezing, sniffling, so I can eat. Nauseated as well. I forgot to mention that. OH yeah and I am running a fever.

Shoot! I am going back to bed.

Just popping in to wish you all well and to keep losing. WE CAN DO IT!! Cough, sniffle, snort, snot, ewwwwwwww LOL!!

HUGS from afar. Don't want you to get what I got.

Hey Josette..welcome!!! If you are at peace with your decision then I am sure your mother would be too!! Your bio really made me so teary...I am so sorry for your loss of your mother! You will do great, and it sounds that your family is great also....it is so nice to have a support group. I had so many "last meals" it wasn't funny.... I gained 5 pounds from Jan 3rd...which was my first meeting to Jan. 18th just from eating everything in sight. Good luck, and try not to over do it (yea...I am the pot calling the Kettle Black)...ahhh who are we kidding...do it while you can!:eyebrows: