Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

thank you p'nut.........I meet with my trainer tonight and will defintily ask him......I hope everyone is having a great thursday....Yeaaaa tomorrow is friday!!!

cynthia

Hello All, I would like to join this club, I am 20, not married no children, right now I attend College at Art Institute. Right now I am a 16-18 size and I am 5'7 at 223. This is the highest i have ever been. It does run in my family on both sides. Plus I want to loose this weight now before waiting too long. I get my band on next Wednesday, I am very excited and nervous all at the same time. I read alot of the replies on here and it seems everything will be ok. Just a little pain to deal with for the first few weeks. Well I hope to get to know you'll a little better. I will be asking lots of questions. but ok thanks.

223current/150idealweight

Hi I forgot to post my weight loss yesterday:

According to my home scale I lost two pounds this past week.

Hi Shauntil! Welcome to the club! I bet you're so excited about next Wednesday. I know how hard it is to be young and overweight. But at least we are doing something about it!

Good luck on your surgery. It really isn't that bad!

:) Kristin

:clap2: Welcome to the Gone for Good Club, Shauntil! :clap2:

If you haven't had a chance to see the list of things to get prior to surgery, have a look at this thread:

http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14814

Txblue_eyedqt - Dawg and I went to the gym tonight and got our assessment done. Body fat percentage, measurements, posture, etc. How did your meeting with your PT go today? Did you find out anything about the metabolic rate test?

Sunta - Two pounds, right on target. Isn't it hard to see that initial surge of loss stop? The first time I saw only one pound loss, I cried! LOL! I have my head on straight now, though. My goal is 2 pounds a week, and I know if I don't hit it then the next week will look great!

Daisybelle - *hugs you* Talk more about what's going on with the sugar. Maybe some of us have gone through the same thing and can offer help.

Welcome Shauntil, you are so pretty!!!!

Just had to post a new low this morning. This has nothing to do with a stomach bug that kept me on the sofa for 2 days with only 2 Townhouse crackers to eat, plus scoots to the potty, right? This is a healthy new low that I did with my own hard work and self-control.

Ready? 183.4 I'm in totally new territory now, as opposed to losing and gaining the same 2-4 pounds. This low is lower than the 184 I saw last week when I was sick. I'm amazed, just thought I'd share. Dare I hope for the 170's?!!!!!!!!

editing to add: I just updated my sig and my new BMI is 30.5. Soooo close to crossing the line to just plain ole overweight. What's that Dragonwillow said? Willpower is easy when you see the scale moving? or have I butchered that quote to death? LOL I can't WAIT to walk today and get to Curves tomorrow!

Kathy! What a great post to find first thing in the morning! You have motivated me to get moving again! I know you've been stuck at the same weight for a long time, and I know you were so frustrated. This is just wonderful news. And don't just hope for the 170's - EXPECT THEM! They are within a week or two away. And soon, you'll be overweight! Yay you!

Hi everyone....

welcome aboard Shauntil! this is a great group to be apart of!

P'nut

Im so glad you and Dawg made it to the gym...thats great....I did see my trianer and we ran out of time to get into detail on monday.....I love my gym!!

How is everyone doing today?

Im thankful its friday!!

P'nut...one more thing, if i send you a photo can you help me with the avator(its that what you call it?)

i want to post my photos on the thread before and after and im not good with this computer stuff yet....

Good Job Everyone!!! Keep working hard.....

Tx-qt - Looks like we will be doing a week or so of stretching and cardio before we get into the serious stuff. I'm really looking forward to it, even though we were warned that it's going to be uncomfortable. I'm SO ready to get out of my comfort zone and start being truly comfortable by being healthy. I'll be happy work on those pics for ya, but I haven't received any yet. Send them to skmorris2@gmail.com.

Diane - get out of that closet! I'm going to pass you by soon if you don't watch out. *evil grin* (love ya girl - so happy everything's ok with you and your doggie band *snickers*)

HA!! I think I just found a new name for my band. The DOGGIE BAND!! (After my hot dog episode, it is so fitting!!!) And, my last name IS Shephard. What do you think? P'Nut, you're GOOD!!!

183.4 I'm in totally new territory now, as opposed to losing and gaining the same 2-4 pounds. This low is lower than the 184 I saw last week when I was sick. I'm amazed, just thought I'd share. Dare I hope for the 170's?!!!!!!!!

OK Kathy, youre starting to make me nervous, Miss "Im 183"!!!

Its time for me to pull out the BIG guns.

MY scale said 184 this morning. Thank you, Tenuate!

So! Im gonna start walking my flabby butt off, and keep a closer eye on my special "Penni food guide".

And when I see you come Memorial day - I will be safely below 180!!!

HA! :) HA! :D HA!

**sorry for the hijack Susan**

*laughs* Diane - its very fitting. And you'll notice I changed my Avatar title in your honor - again! :)

Paula - you're welcome here anytime! *hugs*