Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

Dawg's Weekend Update:

Well the weekend went well. Family came over and we managed to break with tradition. A family day usually involved P'Nut in the kitchen for 4 hours, followed by 5 minutes of ravenous slavering, followed by 2 hours of cleaning / groaning.

We dispatched the famished children to a restaurant while we babysat the grandkid. It was almost a bit funny to 'send them away' to eat, but it worked out beautifully. We had a lot of fun with the little guy and they got to do some catching up.

Ate sensibly over the weekend. I am trying really really hard to hit a good calorific intake of food but... still not doing so well. I'm lucky if I hit 1200 calories in any given day and usually end up only eating 900.

Anyhoo, a good weekend. I'm ready for Wednesday weigh in.

"Soon, there will be less of me around to love" :eek:

I will not sabotage my progress over a box of cookies:huytsao

Yahooo!! Yay!

:rockon: :cheer2::rockon: :cheer2:

Way to battle the devil and his side kicks dressed in green uniforms! :boxing:

(hopefully none of you have daughters in GS - I dont want to offend anyone! LOL)

Okay, time to come clear......

For two days after eating all those GS Cookies, I starved myself. I ate a salad & drank 1 Protein Shake for the whole day. So, I guess the GS cookie diet doesn't really work at all unless you decide you want to starve yourself afterwards.

I agree with all the others - "STEP AWAY FROM THE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!"

The cookies are officially OUT OF THE HOUSE & I am having a party tonight to celebrate!!

P'nut - I LOVED the disclaimer about not endorsing the diet. I couldn't stop laughing!!!!! Good one.

Dawg - Your sense of humor is one of a kind & you definately go well with P'nut!! Do you guys crack each other up this much at home?!?!?! Love it.

After a horrible week of eating all the ice cream and Cookies in the house, today I sighed a breath of relief when I stepped on the scale and hadn't gained...no loss, but no gain. I started a food/workout journal today, no more munching all day long and drinking way more Water. I love coming here and reading how people are doing. Great encouragment.

Dawg - Your sense of humor is one of a kind & you definately go well with P'nut!! Do you guys crack each other up this much at home?!?!?! Love it.

I blame the upbringing. Believe it or believe it not, my brother's sense of humor is much more odd than mine. I am 'tame' by comparison. A fact P'Nut will corroborate I'm sure :)

As for cracking her up, she cracks me upside the head a lot - does that count??

(okay, she doesn't crack me upside the head, very often.)

Hi! I had to skip my bio when I signed up last week because of a hellish week at work. So here goes....

Married for 14 years to a great guy. Super supportive and takes very good care of me (like cooking dinner, chores around the house, etc). We have two kids - my daughter who is 18 (she's not my husband's) and we have a son together who is 13. I'm originally from a suburb of Chicago and lived there my entire life. I began becoming overweight when I hit puberty at 11. I am short - 5'3" so every pound shows. I dated quite a bit in high school and college but never met the right guy. I got pregnant with my daughter with a guy I had been dating for 6 years and decided the best thing to do was NOT to get married. I would have killed him within the first year. So I raised her for a few years by myself and met my husband. We married about a year later and then had my son.

Between my son and daughter I lost 90 pounds and kept it off until I had my son. After the baby, I lost it again and kept it off until I moved down here to Texas when I was asked to work for our corporate office. I've been at my present company for almost 14 years and I have a stressful, management, high visibility job that keeps me busy well past 5 pm most days. So, after I gained my weight back and was at an all time high of 284 pounds, I decided to either get the band or I was going to slowly, surely end up killing myself by gaining weight.

I haven't lost as fast as I thought I would but in the end, it's not the time it took for me to get to goal but the end result. I feel good because I'm eating good food, not going out for dinner each night or picking something up that is easy (Mc'D, Wendy's etc - not been there to eat for almost a year!). I'm back to working out which helps greatly in relieving stress as well as weight loss. I've been going on average 3-4 times a week, sometimes 5 or 6 if I can leave work at a decent hour.

Anyway, that's a little (or alot!) about me. I look forward to the challenge and welcome anyone who would like an email buddy or workout buddy if you're in the area! We live in Keller, TX if anyone is close by.

Hey Laura,

You're taller than me! Only by an inch though! Ok, so just let me know when you feel like getting out of the house to walk or just whatever. It's crazy that we live about 1 minute from each other! We should do this sometime. PM me and I'll get you a phone number. You can call and tell me to haul my fat butt from behind the computer! I could sure use the motivation! I really like exercising (once I start). I just can't figure out why I'm having such a hard time starting! I have this fabulous gym at work with more equipment than I could ever use and I sit at my desk all day and don't go to use it! Maybe it's just because I've been working so much that I don't even get a chance to leave my desk - I eat lunch while I work lately. By the time I get home I'm just ready to veg. I'll be glad when March 27th gets here! After that, I have to make a promise to myself to give it a go..... Ok, I'm rambling.... ;-)

Hey Kim! Was just thinking I would email you to see when you wanted to go. I have a dinner meeting tomorrow night but I should be going Wednesday (possibly may have to meet someone that night about my son's trip to Mexico over spring break) but definitely Thursday and Saturday.

What's going on March 27th?

Ummmm... yep - I sure did forget to put that in there. I'm working up a storm until then. We have our big "event" at work and I'm in the events department. I'm in charge of the new registration system we put in place. We'll be hosting a crowd of 7000-8000 at the Ft Worth Convention Center. It will all be over by March 27th and my life will get back to normal. My mom will be in town staying with us on Wednesday and Thursday. Saturday could be ok??

Sure! Just sent you an email. Saturday is great. I'll give you a call tomorrow night after I get home from my dinner meeting. Unless you want to give me your number at work and I can give you a call during the day. Up to you.

Hey Guys...

I've got to say... I was a veerrrrrryyyyyyy BAD Gone For Gooder this week.:) I was hoping that a challenge would be a boost to my self control but as much as I loved reading everyones bios and positive thoughts... my band remains empty and my stomach constantly full! Sooooo... I called my surgeon today and I'm going to give the fills one more shot and see if I can't get accustomed to that OMIGOD I think I'm having a heart attack pain on a constant basis. If I could do this on my own... I wouldn't have gone through all of this to get my band!

Anyhoo... P'nut... I will probably not weigh this Wednesday... I will wait until I go into the surgeon's office.

On a positive note... this is an awesome thread for getting to know LBT members and there is a whole lotta positive thinking going on in here... wtg everyone!

Hey Darcy.. I hope all goes well with your fill. Hang in there girl and keep us posted on how it's going ok?

Nobody -has- to report their weight if they don't want to. Heather's idea for this thread was for it to become what each person needed for them personally. For the ones who do want to track their weight changes, I'll make updates to the first page on Wednesdays.

Laura and Kim - y'all are making me jealous! I want to go walking with you too!

Holy crap guys!!! I weigh 273! That fill I had is working so well I just don't know what to do!!!

I LOVE my band.

I went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo last night. My DH's old boss was TOTALLY hitting on me!!! I was luvin every minute of it! He told me like 5 times how hot I looked!!!!

Holy Cow Heather! Youre only 8 pounds from the 100 mark! Yay! I'm so happy for you!!

Fifty-six pounds in FOUR months! w00t!! That's gotta feel great!

Holy Cow Heather! Youre only 8 pounds from the 100 mark! Yay! I'm so happy for you!!

Fifty-six pounds in FOUR months! w00t!! That's gotta feel great!

Thanks! My DH's buddy went with us last night, and he is like my brother. They all think of me as one of the guys. I NEVER get compliments from the guys, EVER. Well, last night he told my DH when they went to get something to eat, that I looked good. Then on the way home, I was saying how cool it was that I have lost almost 100lbs since my daughter was born. He then told me that I looked good... It just made me happy that people are FINALLY noticing.

I like being called HOT!!!!:)