Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New To The Support Group!

My doctor Encouraged this application for lapband. So I'm going to try it out! I got acccepted for lapband about three weeks ago. I start my liquid diet in about three days and get my surgry on the 10th next month. Very nervous! I also heard about Hair loss with lapband..I am worried about this! I read some about it already on here, and they say use Biotin or zinc? I bought both today, is it alright to start taking these before I Even get the band?

making sure to get enough Protein is equally important. I also take Biotin and started it the week before surgery. I have not had any hair problems so far.

Make sure you take in all the Protein daily. I take Biotin and I haven't noticed any Hair loss. Good luck and congrats!

Glad i saw this i knew there was something i wanted to get i had not yet. I start my preop diet wensday and i have been meaning to buy some Biotin. I did get Centrum chewable vitimins, Yea i am not quiet 50 yet but figured i was closer to that then the kids for flintstones lol,

If you eat correctly you will not have to worry about hair loss. I agree with the others, remember to eat Protein. think Protein all the time, eat it first. you will not have any trouble.

do you log your food each day. you must do that, lots of us use fitnesspal.com works great and you can adjust it to the calorie intake you are doing.

drink lots of Water. 8 glasses each day is important.

have you started an exercise program yet. walking is a good start. I go to Curves and love it.

I am sure this all seems like so much to you right now. It will all become second nature to think in the key points Water, protein & exercise.

Congrats to you for make this wonderful life style change! Smiles will abound!!!

For those of you who are taking Biotin, how many milligrams are you taking daily? I have Hair loss now which worries me. I know it's due to my crappy diet so I just want to make sure I dont go bald before this is all over with. :lol:

Thanks everyone! I do have myfitnesspal. So I will most definitely use it! I did also start using Biotin just incase... And I think they only come in a certain mg?

I am also getting banded on the 10th and and start pre op on Thursday I am excited n scared