Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustraaaaated!! Arrrrgggh!!! >:(

I was frustrated at first because I lost 10 pounds immediately after surgery, but it was only because of the Fluid in my legs going down...as soon as I started eating I gained it back...and it took a while, it was very annoying before I started loosing anything again. But one tip I can give you is to stop weighing yourself...I made that mistake...and learned its okay to weigh yourself once a week or something, but if you can try to just wait till you get to the doctors! I've had 2 fills and this last time I went in, they wouldn't give me one because I had lost 22 pounds in one month! It was due to stress also though...been going through a lot lately. But still, very exciting! You will get there too. I honestly can eat probably 2 cups of food if I wanted to (usually don't ) but I'm still loosing like crazy. I also exercise like crazy too. Since surgery, (Feb. 8th 2012) I have lost 35 pounds. Before surgery I lost 30 on my own so so far its 65!!!!!!!!

I feel the same way. Had my first fill (4.5cc) last week and i feel a huge restriction but not a single pound lost. =(

I can so relate to this. I was banded on 03/14/12 and I have only lost about 26lbs. I knew it would be slow, but I didn't realize it would be THIS slow. I have had 3 fills so far and am scheduled for another one on the 17th. I did finally start to feel some restriction with my 3rd fill but still can eat more than a half cup and not be "full". I have noticed that I can't eat anything other than yogurt or Protein Shake in the mornings or it will come right back up. After a couple of hours though, I can pretty much eat anything. I am hoping after this next fill I will be closer to my green zone so that I can start losing more. I have started some exercise and know I need to do more but I have RA and the pain prevents me from doing too much. Hoping that once I can lose more weight the joint pain won't be as bad. Good luck to all!

It is definitely a journey. I'm down 80 pounds since dec 21, 2011.... I always said I'd be happy and satisfied if I made it down to a size 16. Guess what, I'm in a size 14, actually feeling like exercising and at a 5.5 the band is working for me, with the rules. Now, I can make a goal to get into size 12...u r right it did not take overnight to put this weight on. Be proud of what you have lost! Good luck

Wow, that's awesome! You are very inspiring.

Congrats I want to get there. What tips can you offer about your exercise plan and what foods you were able to enjoy while sticking to the rules.

Feel like a dork, I looked at the quote...I was banded in 2010... Never the less, I stuck to the rules of taking it slow and enjoying the journey. I don't drink carbonated beverages, no straw, 60 grams Proteins not very many carbs, take your Vitamins, drink 0 calorie beverages and Water. Walk and exercise, all the stuff we know:) sorry about the misprint (banded dec 21,2010) I'm losing more now than ever so give that first year a reflection on your habits.

I want to encourage all of you working on your journey.

Banded in 06, goal 18 months later. I can testify that it was hard work the whole way down the scale, even harder to get the last 20 off. The difference between a diet and being banded for me, is that the band helps me stay at goal.

The journey is not easy, but boy is it worth it.

I feel like a million bucks.

Keep on, keep on.........eat healthfully, exercise lots, keep up with your fills and it will come.

hugs

Paula

I want to encourage all of you working on your journey.

Banded in 06' date=' goal 18 months later. I can testify that it was hard work the whole way down the scale, even harder to get the last 20 off. The difference between a diet and being banded for me, is that the band helps me stay at goal.

The journey is not easy, but boy is it worth it.

I feel like a million bucks.

Keep on, keep on.........eat healthfully, exercise lots, keep up with your fills and it will come.

hugs

Paula[/quote']

That is so inspiring paulax! Can you tell us what a typical day of food looks like? What jk d of things are you snacking on or having for dinner? Thanks!

That is so inspiring paulax! Can you tell us what a typical day of food looks like? What jk d of things are you snacking on or having for dinner? Thanks!

go to the post for myfitnesspal.com and add your fellow bandsters. There you will see what everyone is eating. Definitely gave me a few ideas for something new. My name is holbraden if you join.

Sadly, I really don't eat much. I am 48 years old, not active enough and the amount of food it takes to maintain is sadly little.

I have been defilled, gained got refilled. I eat small portions throughout the day, not always able to stay away from sweets. When I do eat sweets or too many fatty foods, I will gain. I rarely eat wheat products, I love rice products, rice crackers, rice cakes, small amounts of rice. I drink a lot of my veggies, Even soft cooked vegs are still hard to take sometimes. I try to get my Protein in chicken, beef mostly. I eat a lot of nuts, raw cashews, almonds. They give me great Protein and energy. Some days I drink Protein shakes for Snacks, but then I get sick of them and opt for cheese, crackers and nuts.

Typical Breakfast, either nothing or a rice cake with pb &j. Some days small amount of oatmeal, some days my two capuccinos and a handful of nuts.

lunch, some type of left over, or often, chicken or tuna salad, with nuts on top. That is my favorite. sometimes a muffin, if it will go down, homemade pumpkin muffins. I do not eat processed foods much. When I am not lazy, I will juice because I can't eat one cucumber, two apples, 2 stalks of celery and 3 carrots, but I can drink them!

Supper, I am usually a bit looser in the afternoon, so I eat whatever I cook for my family. If I make Pasta, I can not eat the noodles, so I will eat Pasta Sauce with cheese, I shred zuchinni and carrots in my Pasta sauce.

I eat a lot of dairy products, drink lots of milk. I feel wonderful.

My band is STILL a fickle friend. I am too tight one week or month, then it flips and I can eat small portions of anything. I am at a much lower fill than I was losing weight, but still, the weather, Water retention, Saturn rising over Venus, it never makes sense when it is tight and when it is not.

But I have learned to embrace it because this band keeps me from gaining the 90 + pounds I lost. I feel like a miliion bucks when I put on my size 10's. My body works easier, faster and I feel beautiful again.

I come to this site, rarely, but always check in on this Fill thread, because I spent most of my time here, complaining, crying and checking on everyone elses fill. I think being at the right fill is one of the most important part of losing, and getting your proper nutrition being #1 and that is not always an easy combination.

BTW, I noticed on my way down the scale, that I'd get a fill, lose 10-15 pounds, then start struggling. My fill doctor is strick, so I'd really bust a move at the gym and eat simply before asking for another fill. I also have the old style small band, maximum size 4.0ccs, so I was probably easier for me to get restriction more quickly than the friends I have with a 10cc band. Just means you have to monitor it more.

Every day I try to think about putting the stuff in my body that is good and good for me. I know it is hard, I am a sugar addict and have to keep it in check. Our pouch is so small, we need to focus on putting the healthy stuff in it.

Sorry to bore you. I just want you to know that although it is hard, it is so worth it. Dr Phil calls us the weight loss resistant. That is so true and that is why the band was necessary for me to get to and keep at goal.

Keep on trucking ladies. I am here with and for you.

hugs

Paula

Thank u holly dolly, I will get on fitness pal!

And Paula, thank you for the post, very inspirational and gives a clear picture of what to expect, thanks :)

I can so relate to this. I was banded on 03/14/12 and I have only lost about 26lbs. I knew it would be slow, but I didn't realize it would be THIS slow. I have had 3 fills so far and am scheduled for another one on the 17th. I did finally start to feel some restriction with my 3rd fill but still can eat more than a half cup and not be "full". I have noticed that I can't eat anything other than yogurt or Protein shake in the mornings or it will come right back up. After a couple of hours though, I can pretty much eat anything. I am hoping after this next fill I will be closer to my green zone so that I can start losing more. I have started some exercise and know I need to do more but I have RA and the pain prevents me from doing too much. Hoping that once I can lose more weight the joint pain won't be as bad. Good luck to all!

You are loosing at 3 pounds a week. Doctors say the average is 1-2 pounds per week and you think this is too slow? This is not bypass.