Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded 4 weeks tomorrow and I'm on the lower side of weight for the Lapband but I have pcos so I got approved. So with that Said i have absolutely no restriction. Friday they are doing my first fill and I'm excited..I'm ready to feel some restriction but the dr said it may take 3 or 4 fills for me to fill a lot of restriction...has anyone else had this issue and someone please let me know what to expect:) thanks

Hey I'm just a week post op, but my surgeon and other ppl I know who has had the lapband say that it took about 3 months until they felt restriction. My surgeon says it can take up to a yr. It depends on the individual.

Question for you. Lol

How long did you gas last?

Hey I'm just a week post op' date=' but my surgeon and other ppl I know who has had the lapband say that it took about 3 months until they felt restriction. My surgeon says it can take up to a yr. It depends on the individual.

Question for you. Lol

How long did you gas last?[/quote']

Thanks:) even though that sounds so far away! I want to get this weight off:)

I would say about 2 weeks...I was belching a lot - so much my kids were like what's up mom? Lol but now it's rare!

Did you feel restriction after surgery? After surgery I had restriction and still have a little bit (I'm 1 week post op). I'm sure mine is from swelling though.

Did you feel restriction after surgery? After surgery I had restriction and still have a little bit (I'm 1 week post op). I'm sure mine is from swelling though.

I didn't even feel hungry for about 5 days...it is from the swelling. Once the swelling was gone I became very hungry! But I had not eaten for 5 days lol. Now I can eat anything!

It'll get off! Follow your diet! I have faith in you.

Thank you! We will both have great success stories:)

I am 7 months out, and about 2 go for my 4 th fill this week, i have some restriction, but i think one more fill will do it. I didnt start to feel restriction until after about 4 months, so it can take some time.

I am 11 months out and it took me 4 fills to get good restriction..two emergency unfills..another fill and another slight unfill...it may take a few times..and the closer u get to ur green spot the smaller amounts of fill will make hugh differences

Jennifer

I had some restrictions after surgery, found out I already had 3 cc's in me. It did take to about 5 cc's to finaly fill a true restrictions. Im up to 7 now and going next week for one more. good luck

I was like you....starving and eating anything I wanted about 5-7 days after surgery. Today I got my first fill.....3.5cc's and I am having a really hard time getting to much down. I am eating slower than ever and just sipping Water. WE'll see what the next few days bring, but I feel pretty restricted right now!!!

I had restriction after my second fill and it lasted about 5 weeks before I was in need of another fill. You will find restriction... I'm a year out and have had 3 fills, then an unfill, then 5 weeks later another fill. I'm pretty dang tight right now but I've lost 110 lbs in a year.

Thank you guys! This all made me feel more confident!