Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gaining!!! Help!!!

I've been banded as of 24 days ago. I didn't lose much weight pre-op, but in total lost around 17lbs. I was told my first fill is in 6 weeks which will be may 3rd. I have not been very active but am watching what I'm eating and am feeling frustrated because my weight goes from 234-238lbs which goes back & forth. I'm getting annoyed with my scale and I don't know what the problem is. I have not gotten stuck, but also feel that I have no restriction when I eat. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?

eating too much, and not moving enough?

I don't think any thing is abnormal (or wrong). These first 4-6 weeks our bodies are still healing (I was banded on 3/19). I have noticed some days my body is retainning Water....might be the sodium content and scale will bonce all over the place.

As to restriction, if you havent had your first fill yet, I wouldn't expect you to feel any restriction. I know I don't.

Hang in there.....when we get the first few fills, Im sure we will start to notice a difference.

R u journaling what u eat? Calories,Protein and carbs? I was banded on the 19th and that's what I am doing? I was ok after week two to exercise and I am. If u write down and really count Cal's maybe that's the issue.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcRyU9x/<br />weight.png<br />

R u journaling what u eat? Calories,Protein and carbs? I was banded on the 19th and that's what I am doing? I was ok after week two to exercise and I am. If u write down and really count Cal's maybe that's the issue.

Journaling is HUGE for me, even 14 months out.

Somebody correct me if im wrong, but you're not supposed to be losing much or having a small appetite because the first 30-45 days are made, for HEALING, not Loosing. You are hungry because you have no restriction yet since you are in the healing phase. I believe this is what is called "Bandster Hell", and every body has to go through it until they get to a fill that restricts them. Im 4 months out , down 30 lbs and yes,. went through exactly what you re going through. Its a process, a one day at a time journey. . Being banded is not for sissies ! I temporarily hit the "Green Zone" with my 3rd fill, now im going for my 5th fill next week. This is a slow process, so be patient, follow your drs orders on food and exercise and pretty soon your pants will be falling off too !! When you start getting compliments and have to bag up your too big clothes and you drop a size you 'll be glad you did this ! Good luck, and yes , i still think this is the best decision i ever made !

I suggest u watch some u tubers too. Banded wendy or blackkandi. Get support.

Until you have fills the band is doing nothing for you. It took me 6 months before I hit the green zone. You mentiond not being very active. If necessary start slow 10 minutes a day of walking; and work up the time until you can do at least 45 minutes. I highly recommend swimming because it's better for those of us with joint issues. If I could start swimming at 365 pounds ANYBODY can! Waterproof MP3 player is a must.

Consider getting a digital food scale (available Walmart or target). My doctor says to weight out 3 oz of solid Protein.

Hey thanks for the responses. I guess I need to be more patient. I haven't gone for my first fill yet, and have to agree this really is bandster hell. I also have a cold, and coughing causes my large incision area to feel very sore. So I need to go see what's going on there. I'll have to figure out a convenient way to keep track of my calories. Maybe there's an iPhone app I can find. I have to keep reminding myself that this will take time. Patience is virtue! :)

MyFitnessPal is great for tracking. I have been using it and it works pretty good. It has all types of food there and exercise for you to track. I kinda feel the same way. I keep fluctuating between 2 pounds but think its just Water weight. I have no restriction either. I am 3 weeks out tommorow. I just make sure I use my 1 cup tupperware bowls for most of my food and walk everyday. Its getting nice outside so find a local park and walk it out!!