Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Debbie and welcome. I am five days post-op. I agree with you bout doing it two years ago. My ex-husband was away in Afghanistan and I was home eating the house.

So how's it going so far?

Hi Debbie!

Welcome to lapband talk! I too am new to this and also just received my approval to get the surgery done! I had a battle with Tricare for about 2 years trying to get approved. The first time I was denied they said it was because I was 18lbs to lite and needed to gain the weight in order to get the surgery done. I was crushed! But I know in my heart that this is something I need as I too have had quite the battle with food and a struggle with my weight for 17 years now. So I kept fighting and ended up having to do the 6 month nutritional counseling with my surgeon and am now getting the surgery :-) I want you to know that I wish you the very best of luck on your new journey with the lap-band and if there is ever any way I can be there for you let me know!

Thank you & Welcome to you also! So glad that you are finally approved!! Do you have a surgery date yet?

Hi! I live in southern California, when is your exact date? I'm really nervous, but excited too, I just want to be able to stick to the diet :/

My exact date is May 1, 2012, my surgery is scheduled for 8:00 a.m. with a check in time of 6:00 a.m. that's good, I would rather it be early!

My head has been ALL over the place today, should I should I not, will I regreat it, will I want it out, but deep down in my thought process, I know this is exactly what I want!

I have put your surgery date on my calendar & will be thinking about you and sending prayers and well wishes!

I was banded 3/19 so I'm just about 4 weeks out. I had some other things done during surgery ( 2 hernias, a lot of adhessions removed) so I think I was a little more sore than most people that just have the band done. It took me an extra few days to bounce back. But the last two weeks have been great! I have been able to start adding exercise back into my schedule and between the 30 pounds lost (pre-op included), exercising, and eating the high Protein low carbs....I feel 5 years younger!!! I'm not loosing the huge amounts like some people, but I still think its amazing that each morning I weigh less than the day before. I have set a goal that I would like to be at goal after 1 year. thats only an average of 1 pound a week from here out. That way I don't put a lot of pressure on myself to meet a unrealistic goal, and won't give up if I can't make it. All in all, this has ben the bst thing I have done for myself!! I wish I would have done it 2 years ago when I first thought about it.

I LOVE your ticker & the list of dates & weights, how do you that?

So how's it going so far?

So far it's going great.

So far it's going great.

That is so good to hear! :) I would be lying if I said I'm not scared

My exact date is May 1' date=' 2012, my surgery is scheduled for 8:00 a.m. with a check in time of 6:00 a.m. that's good, I would rather it be early!

My head has been ALL over the place today, should I should I not, will I regreat it, will I want it out, but deep down in my thought process, I know this is exactly what I want!

I have put your surgery date on my calendar & will be thinking about you and sending prayers and well wishes![/quote']

Aww thank you Debbie! I will do the same, my moms name is Debbie, so I won't forget you! I have been having the same thoughts, can I do this, how big of a change will it really be, will I gain it back? But I agree, deep down I know this is for me. I'm 25 years old, 200 lb and 5'3". I'm paying out of pocket, I feel like now is the right time because I have struggles with my weight my entire life and can't live like this anymore, I'm not living and I want to start! :)

My exact date is May 1' date=' 2012, my surgery is scheduled for 8:00 a.m. with a check in time of 6:00 a.m. that's good, I would rather it be early!

I have put your surgery date on my calendar & will be thinking about you and sending prayers and well wishes![/quote']

And my surgery is scheduled for 7 am, check in at 6! Bright and early! :)

Aww thank you Debbie! I will do the same, my moms name is Debbie, so I won't forget you! I have been having the same thoughts, can I do this, how big of a change will it really be, will I gain it back? But I agree, deep down I know this is for me. I'm 25 years old, 200 lb and 5'3". I'm paying out of pocket, I feel like now is the right time because I have struggles with my weight my entire life and can't live like this anymore, I'm not living and I want to start! :)

You are welcome, I cherish my old friends but also my new :) I am 2 weeks from tomorrow! It's coming!! I am 48 years old and am 174 now & 5' 1/2", In college I was about 110 lbs, when I met my 2nd husband at 24 I was 132, I really liked me then & it's really silly but I have kept a journal for years! I found one that I was reading through & I was in Weight Watchers at 132 lbs. Now that's my goal! funny hu :blink: At my highest I was 185. When do you start your pre op diet? I start mine on Saturday! I actually have 3 friends that will be doing it with me :-) Plus my Husband. :wub: In November 2011 one of the Dr.'s that I work with asked anyone if they wanted to run the 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day with him and his family, my gf & I decided to do it, so did 2 other's at work, after that race (which about KILLED me) my Husband & I decided to do a 12 week walk/run program, plus the Hospital I work for started a Maintain Your Weight Through The Holiday's, we had a team of 6, we weighed in the Friday before Thanksgiving & again for final weigh in on January 6th, we ALL LOST weight, my husband and I and 2 of my friends at work did my pre op diet! I just ran my 6th 5k & plan on doing another one on April 28th (3 days before surgery) I LOVE ZUMBA & BodyJam!

What do you do for exercise. I really believe with the band & exercise "WE" can do this! ^5 to "US" :D

WOW! I can't believe it's finally here! Banding Today!! I will be leaving for the hospital in about 45 min.!

Good luck Debbie!!!! You will do great!!!! I go in on Thursday for my banding!!!!!

Good luck Debbie!!!! You will do great!!!! I go in on Thursday for my banding!!!!!

Yesterday was your big day! How are you doing?

Hi Debbie!

I am doing alright. My surgery was a tuff one. Surgeon found a hernia and fixed it. Was in surgery for 2 hours. Nurse missed the mark on my pain and nausea meds so I woke up very miserable. Spent 2 nights in the hospital and was able to go home on Saturday. Everything was going well until Sunday. Woke up very weak and with blurry vision, then today got very sick and ended up vomitting. That was a painful experience! So now I'm on Zofran and Tylenol III. So far for me this has been a tuff go. Very sore and extremely wore out. But I will say I have lost 10lbs so far and I'm very optimistic that this will pass and all will turn out great!! :-) Thank you so much for thinking of me :-) How did everything go with your surgery? Are you doing alright?

This is a great place for information.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss; 156 lbs

Hi everyone! I was banded Friday morning, so

Almost 4 days ago and so far so good. I am staying on my clear liquid diet, I'm really sore so indintvreally feel like eating. I see my dr in thurs do hopefully he will tell be Incan graduate to mushy foods and remove the bandages! Debbie I'm do sorry u are having a rough time, hang in there the worst is over!