Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating One Cup Of Food 2 Weeks Post-Op?

I am 2 weeks post op and I was full off of 1/2 cup of food. Now I am up to one cup of food. Yikes! Is this normal? I also have been walking at least 45 minutes daily. Is that ok? Does this mean I will need a fill by my May 3rd visit?

As you begin to recover and heal, your appetite will come back (with a vengeance). So you will find yourself able to eat more. I think being hungry for and eating a cup of food is perfectly normal as long as you feel up for it (don't force yourself to eat more because of head hunger). As for the walking, it's great! Just don't lift anything over 20 lbs for a month until you are healed, but walking is fine!

Are you eating solids? I was not allowed solids until week 5. I was allowed 3 oz of cottage cheese at day 15.

1 Cup of food is ok but make sure it is soft foods so soon after. I was eating that 2 weeks post op just watching that I ate soft foods.

Post op almost any of the restriction you are feeling is from the surgery and swelling... so its expected the more you heal the more you'll be able to eat. I wasnt allowed to be eating soft food until 4 wks after surgery but i felt the same things ... you will get your first fill and it wont make much a diff, then your 2nd and you'll feel the band restriction and if you are lucky by 3 or 4 fills start to understand what works for you.

it doesnt work over night ... dont sweat what you are feeling just stick to your docs plan and bug them if you are really concerned ... you are their customer ;)

No I am not eating solids. Only soft mushy food like cream of wheat,grits,tuna with low fat mayo, steamed tilapia, eggs greek yogurt etc. Ok glad to see I am on track.