Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3Rd Fill Today And It Feels Too Tight?

Hey gang! I got my 3rd fill today and I am feeling really tight! I know I only had it this morning but I didnt feel like this after my other 2 fills. I know I am supposed to feel greater restriction but after this fill this morning it feels awkward to drink Water and I could barely get down a bowl of Soup (just liquids today).

Do I need to worry ? The doctor said to call him if I have trouble getting down liquids or feel uncomfortable after tmw ... is how I feel normal and I just need to give myself a day or 2 to get use to this? Or is this a sign of being "overfilled".

I am still new at this so still learning!!! Thanks ahead of time for your feedback.

Tips? Thoughts?

Generally if you can't drink you are too tight. But if the liquids are going down then I would probably wait a day or 2 to see how it goes. You may just be a little swollen and it may need time to go down. Take it easy, do not push it by trying to eat anything solid and see if it gets better.

I would wait but only a couple of days. I have tried to "tough out" being too tight, and it can get pretty miserable. But for me, that usually comes at least a week after the fill.

Been there also, my third fill went that way and I had to go have some taken out. Just went back again this past Monday and now I'm up to 4cc's in my band of 10. When I was filled to much it was only at 4.2 cc's. I got reflux so bad and I even mentioned to the doctor how scared I was to get another fill, but I also knew I needed one. I even said to him I don't understand how some days I can eat more than other days. Just like the weight loss were all different he said. Don't get too discouraged if you have to go for that unfill, it beats the heck out of being miserable. Although I must admit, when I was too tight, I could see at that time how someone could actually loose 20 or 30 lbs in a month, because I couldn't eat anything. Truth be known, I'd rather loose 5 lbs a month and be happy I'm loosing and not gaining then be miserable.

I just had some removed yesterday after trying to tough out a week. I felt like I was dying. I am at my sweet spot now. No more fills for a while!

So I was right! I was miserable last night -- i couldnt even keep down Water. So i called the doc this am and they had me come over ... he confirmed def over fllled. Hardly anything was moving through the pouch ... he took out 1.00 cc and I feel much better already. Thank god last night was terrible!