Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bra Line And Port

ok this is so weird for me to be typing this, but now that i am close to goal my port is more visable(well i should say more easily felt.....lol) i am noticing that my bra hits right where my port is. and it's starting to be a little annoying and i'm wondering is it just gonna get worse. have others had this problem and is the only solution to have my port moved? i hope not...not feeling anymore surgery.

jennifer

OMG I hope I don't have this problem I tell u the more I read on here the more confused I get about getting this surgery done. But I don't have much time because I'm going in on 4/20. But congrats on all your weight loss. I hope that everything works out 4 you.

OMG I hope I don't have this problem I tell u the more I read on here the more confused I get about getting this surgery done. But I don't have much time because I'm going in on 4/20. But congrats on all your weight loss. I hope that everything works out 4 you.

Ask your surgeon where they position the port- mine is about two inches above my belly button to the right. Some surgeon's prefer to place lower or higher.

Mine has moved down as I have lost weight. These days it is sticking out like a golf ball but I am ok with it.

My port is on the right and about 4 inches from the bottom of my rib cage, I am almost at goal also and mine is pretty flush with my tummy and only noticeable by the scar and if you feel around. My surgeon buried mine pretty good.

oh honey i hope i didnt scare you. it's not painful at all i just can notice it now as before i didnt. please dont let something i said discourage you from going ahead with this. despite some minor issues i have no regrets about getting my band only not getting it sooner.

Port location is really not as bad as it sounds. I was extremely squeamish about something I could feel being located under my skin, but since surgery it doesn't bother me at all. My kids felt it and it really grossed them out though. :D

My bra hits mine A LOT! It is stitched to the ab muscles right under the sternum. It is the only issue I have with the band. I can feel it constantly, in intimate situations, while exercising, just about anything physical. Small price to pay I guess to be smaller!

My port is just to the left of my belly button. It use to give me a hard time for awhile when i had to wear belts to keep my pants up and some pants bothered it as well. But now it seems to have settled in a little more and doesnt bother me as much. I am wearing pants that are more below my waist. It bothered me alot when I was working out more before christmas. Since I have been slacking alot lately, I dont even notice it anymore. When I first got banded, one of my smaller scars which was right at my bra line hurt like heck. That went away after the first couple of months, thank goodness.

Maybe try and get a different bra. One that lifts up a little more?? I know with this weight loss and my age I am not as perky as I once was. :lol: Good luck!

Mine was extremely visible, looked like someone had put a walnut under my skin - I was always more pear shaped and never carried a lot of tummy fat, so I've gotten very slim in the mid section. It really really stuck out, I could even see some of the tubing.

I had a Tummy Tuck two weeks ago and my PS moved the port to right next to my new belly button and took the back off it to reduce the profile (there was no profile port for my seven year old band). It is virtually invisible now, as the belly button area has a bit more fat than those hollow bits under the ribs, lol. I'm very pleased, I didnt realise it bothered me as much as it did, but I'd trade the tummy tuck scar (which is a little on the high side, as I didnt have a lot of skin to work with, my tuck was for reconstructive purposes due to other surgeries) in an instant for that big bobbly lump. However, my PS did say it was half unstitched.

If you are NOT comfortable telling people about your band, and they notice the port sticking out (Mine is super-noticeable in the gym) what do you tell them it is?

Deb