Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PB? Worse Experience of My Life!!!

Reading all of the postings is making me tear up. I was so glad to hear someone express frustration and irritation over the fact that none of the negatives were explained in the presentation! Wow, if I haven't thought that 100 times. I have had the bumpiest band road ever. That horrible vomiting (I hate that word) incident happens to me several times a week. Reason being, I never know how my band will react day to day or moment to moment. Too tight in the AM and loose as a goose in the PM. But always with surprises. I started out not being able to keep anything down at all until after 1pm yesterday......even sips of Water or hot tea, etc. came back up. Then at dinner with friends I realized I had no restriction, got carried away and ate with abandon.....no problems at all and I unfortunately, overate.:Banane13:

Frustration is my constant companion! Can anyone relate???? Please tell me I am not alone!

Eating and drinking at the same time can definitely do it. You should wait to drink at least 30 min after you eat.

And could it be all "the grease" in that fried food.

3-15-04

-110lbs goal

the longest i've been yet with no pb incident has been almost two weeks and i was so happy. short lived happiness as it happened a few times recently. I really have to nibble and not bite as my bites are always way too big. I divide the food in my mouth and try to swallow in segments but one big swallow and it's major pain. I feel like the only bandster who doesnt know if i need a fill or not - i keep thinking no pb is a sign but probably not - otherwise my band is so fickle who knows? Period week I can eat a horse, some days less, my weight loss is SLOW and hasn't really moved down - stuck around 166-169 and frustration is setting in. It's 6 months post band and trying to focus on successes - at least i'm not buying every new diet product and pill out there.

Okay TMZ take it easy, Its been a year for me and still the easiest time for me to eat is after 7pm. Sometimes its a bit of a bother cause then I have to stay up later thean Id like so that I dont have reflux. I eat when Im hungry but if it dosent all stay down often its because perhaps the food is too rich or Im just determined to eat what I want and not paying attention to what my body wants these days. Try simpler foods, like Soups and yogurts, at least for a while and pay attention to if you REALLY are leaving enough time between eating and drinking, I find I need at least an hour, and that can feel like a very long time Good Luck

That Was The Funniest Shit I Have Ever Read!!!!..i'm Crying And I'm At Work And Trying Not To Laugh Too Loud And Have To Explain To People What I'm Reading. That Was Halarius. I've Been There And Done That And Dont Want To Do It Again.. But You Do Feel So Much Better After You Get The Golfball Out. I Have Had To Pull Over My Car To Slime On The Side Of Road Before And That's No Fun At All. People Passing By Thinking You're Some Kind Of Drunk Or Something. Your Description Is The Funniest Thing I Have Read On This Website!! I'm Gonna Have To Print It To Read It Later And Laugh Some More When I Get Home..

I'm curious (completely off-topic here) why do some people's posts have every word capitalized? Not caps locked, But When A Sentence Is Like This?

Also... where do I sign up for one of those newfangled non-finicky bands? :wacko:

I'm curious (completely off-topic here) why do some people's posts have every word capitalized? Not caps locked, But When A Sentence Is Like This? :)

Yes, curious people are dying to know. There must be some hidden message or it's a terrorist code of some sort.

As for the ON topic topic.... I still think the band is worth 1,000 PB's. Fortunately it doesn't happen to me very much anymore...got over the peak of that learning curve a while back.

Oh my god.

I had gone almost 3 months post-banding without what you people so lovingly call a "PB," and let me tell you, those two little words do not do the deed any justice.

Oh My Gosh!!! I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard . . . thanks StrawartS !!!

For those of you who haven't read it, go to page 1 and read the first post.

Lynn

Wow, I was starting to freak out before you fessed up to what you actually ate before your traumatic event. LOL I become so frightened when I have to vomit that I will go to any length to avoid it. Hope you never have to go through that again!

Kelli

Yeah, nice to know what caused this PB thing. I was just banded yesterday and I must say, reading these things is making may wonder what I have got myself into.I did only read all the nice before and after stories! How does one prevent this slippage thing? what is the best way to eat to prevent problems? help......

Ok, so it DOES sound crazy! Thank you, Dody! I have to hope that my incident is not what a typical PB is, otherwise...it's just torture! Why are we putting up with this side effect?

StrawartS, these are painful and humbling. I've been lucky that the ones I've had have been at home. Can't image being out and having so severe of an episode. Mine are generally caused by some type of carb... rice was my last killer and that was only 2-3 bites. My most memorable one was eating 5-6 nacho flavored Doritos... I'll never eat one again!!!

But as someone said in a previous thread, for your next meal you may want to go either liquids or soft foods.

I'm the same way. Throwing up isn't even acceptable when I have the flu. I hate it. Thank god it doesn't happen very often. I'm still jumping through the insurance hoops before I can have my surgery. I just wanted to say that I'm glad you vented about the evening here. It was really funny. I'm sure there were alot of people that pictured themselves in your same situation. Maybe it would be a benefit to consider "would I want to throw this back up" with everything we ate?:sick

Very good thing I didn't read this thread BEFORE I was banded.

Now that surgery is done and I've read this very enlightening, frightening, yet highly entertaining thread I'm resolved.

• Carry a big ZipLoc everywhere I go (I like my purses too much!)
  • Find out where to buy papaya tablets
  • SOUP FOR LIFE!