Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my lap-band May 9th' date='2012[/quote']

Me too! How r u doing?

My Lap Band with plication is scheduled for May 16, 2012. Tomorrow.

So excited and nervous.

Sending well wishes your way! Can't wait to hear about your experience!

Omg I have had aa very slow recovery and as I lie here in bed all I seem to see on TV is food! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this!

I know what you mean. All the commercials suck. I'm feeling a little down today, like I'll never be able to eat food I love again or have a social life.. Guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself. Hah. Tomorrow I move up to puréed foods.

Good morning, how do I get the "ticker" thing that shows progress?

I am now 12 days post op, have lost 15# overall (10# prior to surgery on the pre-op diet). But I was disappointed when I tried to wear one of last summer's blouses - I'm still a bit swollen at the port site, and you could see the bruise through the blouse. :( but it's only been less than 2 weeks, so I guess I shouldn't complain yet, right?

I don't post often, but try to read as much of the posts as I can. Glad to hear everyone is doing great!

I actually had a food "test" over the weekend. We went to a buffet and I had about 1/4 cup of meatloaf, 1/4 cup mashed potatoes, and about the same amount of spaghetti. I mushed it all up together, took teeny tiny bites, and it took me a half hour to eat it all, making sure I put my fork down between bites. The server kept coming by and wanting to take my plate, and I just said, no, I'm a slow eater! HAHA - this time last year I would have been through TWO plates of food in a half hour and heading toward the dessert bar! I was pretty proud of myself! My husband kept looking at me worrying that I was going to throw up ~ but I had no problems at all!

Now I have to get back to work ~ ttyl! Sue

Sue, that is awesome news! That is a huge thing being able to eat that! I can't wait!

I am in day 4 or is it 5 of liquids, I feel bitchiness coming over me...... :angry:

I know what you mean. All the commercials suck. I'm feeling a little down today' date=' like I'll never be able to eat food I love again or have a social life.. Guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself. Hah. Tomorrow I move up to puréed foods.[/quote']

I understand daisychains7 I have the same thoughts. I have been sick with chronic diarrhea for 3 days nows I'm feeling very depressed and at this point don't even care about weight loss I just want to keep nutrients in my body! Ug. Better days ahead right?

We're any of you allowed Protein Shakes the day after surgery?

Nope no broccoli and cheddar Soup it's too fattening unless you want to blend it then what's the point? But I had some anyway 2 cups and I should've listened the first cup I could tolerate but the second my stomach hurt for hours. I worked out this morning and I paid for it. I figured when I started I weighed 283 now I'm 258 I think I deserve something for all this right! I'm definitely listening to my doctor they don't tell you this stuff for no reason.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

I understand daisychains7 I have the same thoughts. I have been sick with chronic diarrhea for 3 days nows I'm feeling very depressed and at this point don't even care about weight loss I just want to keep nutrients in my body! Ug. Better days ahead right?

I'm sorry. :( I had painful bathroom issues during pre op diet so I know how discouraging that is. The lack of solid foods or eating with friends is really getting to me. But yes - everyone says the beginning is the worst part. At least this phase is only temporary and it will get better in a few weeks.

Nope no broccoli and cheddar Soup it's too fattening unless you want to blend it then what's the point? But I had some anyway 2 cups and I should've listened the first cup I could tolerate but the second my stomach hurt for hours. I worked out this morning and I paid for it. I figured when I started I weighed 283 now I'm 258 I think I deserve something for all this right! I'm definitely listening to my doctor they don't tell you this stuff for no reason.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Ouch. I think we will all be learning what and how much we can tolerate, through trial and error for a while. I am surprised you could have 2 cups.. I was told I shouldn't go beyond 1 cup in a sitting though I haven't even tried to reach 1 cup yet.

Congrats Jackie! The first few days are rough but it gets so much better. Hang in there :)

Thanks, I feel better through the day, I guess the gas settles at night, buti have been up moving around the house so it is not bad now.

We're any of you allowed Protein Shakes the day after surgery?

I had 2 ounces of a protien shake when I can home from the hospital, 2 ounces of soymilk, and the rest Water, tea, and Jello. But today I did Tomato Soup, a protien shake, two jells, water, and tea. This has taken me all day to consume and I still have some of the Soup and water and jello still sitting here. Will take me until I go to bed to finish it. Only drinking one ounce every 15 minutes.

Good Luck to all f you new Bandits. Its a journey, but I am sure you will do great and this site is amazing. So ask all the questions you want everyone is very helpful.

Angie

Down 20lbs.

Im getting nervous...my sugery date is Tuesday May 22nd. I just hope I don't fail myself and the band my goal weight would be 199 to start I haven't been under 200lbs in over 10 years. I'm currently 290. If I get to 240 it would be a blessing. But at the end of it all 160 would be the best. the day I hit 199lbs I'm breaking down and crying. But the day I hit 160lbs I'm planning a personal vacation no friends just me enjoying my new self.

Had my surgery on Fri May 11th and all went well. Ended up having a hiatal hernia as well that was repaired. Besides some achy pain where the access port is, I am doing well, and actually seem to be down 9lbs already. I have my follow up appoint tomorrow with my surgeon and will be moved to soft food. So far so good. Hope everyone else is doing well!

I had my surgery on May 11th as well. Things are going along well here too. I dont go to the doc until May 31st. That will be my 3 wk check. I have to do liquids for two weeks after surgery and I'm just starting to feel hungry and looking forward to mushie food. Anyways glad to hear your doing well.

Tammy