Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my band in on Monday and today I'm feeling weak. Up til today I felt fine, but today im weak and I feel one step behind. I've gotten about 70g of Protein in me but almost no carbs. I've had a lot of Water, too. Any ideas? My temp is normal. And no fever.

EAT SOME CARBS!!!! I had the exact same thing happen. I had surgery on a Tuesday and just got weaker and weaker and spent the following Sunday in the ER because I just knew something had to be wrong. They ran all kinds of tests and nothing was wrong. Got home and ate a slice of pizza and then felt like a new person!!! My doctor thinks carbs are the devil; I think "good carbs" like Beans and whole grain, high Fiber breads are necessary to my existence!

That's what I thought so I had some whole grain bread and feel loads better!! Lulz

Same here. I'm 5 days post and I'm on I'll fluids, then purée for a week, soft foods for a week, and then, in ally, I can chew something real on April 29th. Not that I'm counting! lol

I've discovered that every doctor has a different pre & post op diet plan, for instance I was on mushies from the day after surgery. As a matter of fact I was not allowed to leave the hospital the next day until they saw me eat some of my tuna salad & cranberry sauce. I did eat carbs post op but in the form of sugar free rice pudding :)

My doctor was two days liquids, two day mushies, then normal diet as tolerated. He said the band works with solids, not liquids. He feels the goal is to get the band working... and he's been doing bariatric surgery long enough that I trust his methods 1000%!

Chew anything long enough and it becomes a mushie!! Lulz I got on mushies 4 days after the band and am on it for two weeks

Might want to check your sugar as well. I'm not diabetic, but was feeling really sluggish around day 8 of just liquids....I borrowed my mother in laws glucose meter and my sugar was 52.....so no wonder I was feeling so bad.High protein/low carb is a great approach and I actually keep my carbs at around 30 BUT that being said....I think the post-op time is more about healing and if you need carbs to do that then I would eat them (at least the good carbs). In a week or two you can switch to the high protein/low carb diet.

I can go on regular foods April 20th if I continue as I am. You're right about sugars. Unless its in my shakes, I'm not having any. And that means I've had 8g of sugar a day.

You will be getting plenty of carbs from the milk in your Protein Shakes. My doc also thinks carbs are the devil!! lol I have to agree. My weight loss journey has been successful in great part due to a high Protein low carb diet.

I don't put milk in my Protein Shakes unless it's unsweetened almond milk, but that's on rare occasions.