Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Same boat here. 2 years post op. Lost 110lb gained 41 lb back. Did lots of emotional eating. Got really lazy. Stopped workingout regularly. Had to visit my doctor and began to cry because I didn't realize how much damage I did. Had to get back on that horse again. Got a extreme fill which I feel hasn't done a thing. Started working out a little bit. I miss that feeling of confadence. I could do any thing. I have such jealousy to my bf that decided to do bypass a year ago and looks fantastic . I feel horrible for saying im jealous. But I am but right now there are days I will bust my butt and days I give up. But I need to keep going because its about me, and my health. One day at a time.

Same boat here. 2 years post op. Lost 110lb gained 41 lb back. Did lots of emotional eating. Got really lazy. Stopped workingout regularly. Had to visit my doctor and began to cry because I didn't realize how much damage I did. Had to get back on that horse again. Got a extreme fill which I feel hasn't done a thing. Started working out a little bit. I miss that feeling of confadence. I could do any thing. I have such jealousy to my bf that decided to do bypass a year ago and looks fantastic . I feel horrible for saying im jealous. But I am but right now there are days I will bust my butt and days I give up. But I need to keep going because its about me, and my health. One day at a time.

Help me out here, and others for that matter.

I am 15 months out, and have reached my goal. where I am at right now I cannot yet understand how I van gain so much weight back.

I am unable to overeat. Even if it is a slider food, like ice cream say, I can tolerate just so much.

I'm not trying to be critical, just that I need to know what to look out for if and when it should arise.

Have you ever felt optimum restriction where if you ate a little too much, or the wrong foods it would come right back up, and make you feel miserable?

Or does the band simply loose it's function and begin to be as those it were not there at all.

Just wondering.

If you are consuming enough calories in sliders to gain weight then I don't think you are really at your sweet spot. That is a classic sign of being overfilled. My best friend has a band to and she fights this battle but it is a mental battle. She gets fills to "fix" her eating problem and can't eat anything but drinks cokes, ice cream, chips, etc. Then she starts getting food like Tacos and nachos down but continues to say "I just can't get anything down except the foos I can't have". One day I went to lunch with her and she ate the entire plate of Mexican food then later was upset about her weight gain. I finally called her out on how much I watched her eat and that she is over filled. My advice would be the same to you as to her... go back to basics. Start back with day 1 post op and if you aren't mentally ready then for goodness sake get the band deflated (quit hurting yourself just to gain weight and get it filled when you are mentally ready to start back. You would probably stop gining if you get deflated and just eat normal for a while. It really does seem to be a mental thing with some people..... I hope you find your Mojo again :)