Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do I get back on track after 2 years post op!!!!!!!!! I just dont have the motivation I used to! I have gained all of my weight back with slider foods and I still have my sweet spot!!! wt-????? I am terribly dissappointed with myself! I do great during the day with Protein first and so on but in the evening i give into my emotions and its chips and dip I go!!! I am seriously thinking about going back on the liquid pre-opt diet..i lost 27 in that month..mayb this will jump start my motivation...I definitely feel better when im on liquids than food...if i dont open my stoma before i eat with something warm I cant eat but a few bites..OH but the sliders go down with no problem!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

not to sound dumb, but when you say sliders do you mean little sandwiches?

Hahaha little sandwiches! My mom always said there's no dumb question. Sliders are foods that will slide though you're band....ice cream, cookie dough, chips, dips, milk shakes, things like that.

LOL, oh my! ok well now I know! Thanks for clearing me up!

How do I get back on track after 2 years post op!!!!!!!!! I just dont have the motivation I used to! I have gained all of my weight back with slider foods and I still have my sweet spot!!! wt-????? I am terribly dissappointed with myself! I do great during the day with Protein first and so on but in the evening i give into my emotions and its chips and dip I go!!! I am seriously thinking about going back on the liquid pre-opt diet..i lost 27 in that month..mayb this will jump start my motivation...I definitely feel better when im on liquids than food...if i dont open my stoma before i eat with something warm I cant eat but a few bites..OH but the sliders go down with no problem!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is if you where fine 2 years ago, and are at that "Sweet Spot" as you call it, then there is not much anyone can tell you here.

YOU KNOW what it is like to be successful, and it is up to you if you want to be there or not.

We have all made the decision to get banded because we want something. Question is, do you want it?

The majority of people here are just starting out. You have been banded for 2 years and know what is needed to make it work better than most people here.

Yes thats what sliders are..and mine are salty snacks..chips and dip,,i dont care for sweets.. and yes b52 i know what to do.mayb im in the wrong chat forum...i just wanted some encouragement..and although im not as anal about it as i was 2 years ago. a lot has changed in my life and got distracted.. major life changes came about ..but i tackled them and im ready to get back in there..liquid diet here i come!

You gotta just keep those sliders out of the house! I know how hard it is believe me (have been there when being too tight and just trying to eat something....ice cream is amazing!). Maybe you should go back and see your doc too?

thanks shauna but my doctor just wants that insurance dollar and im out of it!.. no need for fills im at a sweet spot...i need to stay with my support groups. and keep the sliders out the house! so true..need that light bulb to switch back on..i think it has!

Yes thats what sliders are..and mine are salty Snacks..chips and dip,,i dont care for sweets.. and yes b52 i know what to do.mayb im in the wrong chat forum...i just wanted some encouragement..and although im not as anal about it as i was 2 years ago. a lot has changed in my life and got distracted.. major life changes came about ..but i tackled them and im ready to get back in there..liquid diet here i come!

Didn't mean to be so hard, but i did mean to be straight forward. I detected right away that you did know what you need to do.

98% of the people here are newbies, and you should be advising them.

perhaps this will be a learning experience that you can help other people with, once you turn it around, which I know you can and will.

Newly banded people should take note: , a lot has changed in your life and you got distracted, as you said. Just about every story I hear from someone who feels they have failed,or the band has failed, usually also has a story about something happening to them personally in their lives, that distracted them. Be it a severe illness, a divorce, loss of a loved one, financial, etc. Very rarely is is directly contributed from the band itself.

just an observation.

Turn it around! You've already been there, so you know what it's like!

Keep the crap out of the house. If you crave something crunchy and salty, have some nuts -- but make sure that they are in your calorie budget. Start tracking your calories and Protein. Trust me, you aren't going to want to account for the calories and fat that comes along with mindless snacking.

I will allow a 1/4 cup of pistachios in my food plan. They are tasty and they are the lowest calorie nut. All nuts are high in calories, so make sure your measure your portion.

Good luck at getting back on track.

It's great that you are re-committing to the band and that you know how to go about it. May I suggest that some counselling on alternatives to dealing with life stressers may also help by giving you tools to use instead of turning to food.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I just recommitted myself. I am 4 years post op. I lost 100 lbs and got side tracked with depression and life and re-gained 50. I learned how to eat around my band and that is the worst thing I have ever done. Because I have to work twice as hard now that I know how to cheat my tool.

I got rid of the sliders and I have to plan plan plan my day and week out in meals. So I am not tempted to make bad choices. I pack my lunch everyday!! My dinner is planned the night before. It was really hard the first week. This second week has been a little easier.

I have lost 3 pounds in the last two weeks. Slow and steady. This next week I plan on adding exercise back in.

We know what to do. It is a matter of doing it. Start making changes now. Not tomorrow. Even if it is a small change. Do it. Then add another. And another. Until you are back on track. Anytime you feel weak remind yourself of all the reason NOT to eat that slider food.

You can do it. Hang in there!!

Change is hard. It starts between your ears.

How about some healthy sliders? Air popped pop corn with a little butter flavored Pam on top? Maybe getting a bit more tight may help? I find if I eat a lot during my meal I don't have appetite to snack, so if you fill up on healthy things for lunch there will be no room for cravings later.

Finally, how about a hobby to ocupy your evenings?

Don't beat yourself up, take it a day at a time an it will come :)

If you like salty Snacks (As I do) then try "Kay's all natural" Protein chips. They are soy based and have like 150 calories or less per little bag. They come in flavors like cheese and garlic I think. I bought a box of them on Amazon for $4. Also try "Pop Chips" ... they are a baked all natural potato ship with 100 calories per little bag. They sell them at major grocery stores and whatnot.

The Protein should help keep you filled up. Also try the "smart pop" popcorn. The mini bags have like 100 calories and they are pretty good. I add some zesty popcorn sprinkles to them to add some flavor as they can be a bit bland.

Don't let your life overwhelm you and encourage you to put weight back on. These support forums have been a home to me when I have questions or concerns. When you see that weight creeping back up, re-evaluate your habits and come back to the message boards for support.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I think the food is not the problem but the emotions and habits you picked back up--get back on my fitness pal- get back to the gym. pick yourself up -and as that oprah show- ("stop the pain")- stop going back to the same old story- turn the page. Hard? sure, but worth it. We all have some crazy issues, heart aches and dissapointments, but we all chose to do better. You came on here, so be encouraged, remember you did it before, and can again... come on gal.. get back on the horse. We will support you. If you want my fitneess pal sign on let me know,,, we have a large banders circle to help each other daily.