Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was the big day. The entire surgery stay was about 4 hours. I woke up with a massive headache, sore throat, cotton mouth, and very bloated feeling.

It has been about 6 hours since being discharged and I have been sipping cool Water and had my first dose of pain meds. I feel a little more comfortable, but still thirsty and my head still hurts a bit. Kind of a "hang over" headache.

I feels a bit surreal, but I know I made the best decision and can't wait to feel ten years younger.

I took a week off from work and plan to relax and let this all sink in. Good luck to all and God Bless.

Good to hear it went well for you and you are home and on your road to recovery :)

Nick - You will most likely feel 100% better tomorrow. I had my surgery around noon yesterday and I was quite miserable with chest pain and left arm pain. But as of today...I don't have it anymore...just a weird dull ache in my tummy. I keep telling myself the same thing - that this was a good decision and will help me reach my goal. It really has helped to read everyone's challenges on this forum....so I kind of knew what to expect.

Congrats Nick and welcome to the 'new banders'( or should I say 'fully fledged banders'?)!

I'm 6 days post op and it really has flown by!! I've not needed pain meds for last 3 days and not actually had any pain or sickness just a little discomfort.

One good thing I've found is that I am losing a lb a day since my op. I know this will change but it sure is helping give me a boost. Heat pads are great for shoulder and stomach but having a pillow in the bed one side of stomach gives you a feeling of security too.

Also take something to prevent Constipation. I didn't have a problem as such and knew it would be day 5 or later before 1st post op BM but I can't say it was pleasant and am drinking prune juice now to make things a little easier next time I go! :)