Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! I'm 2weeks post-op now. Started mushy food which is awesome even though I cheated during liquids (I admit it) but I've lost 5 kilos (which is great) since my pre-op diet. So 5 kilo in 4 weeks, but that's it. Is this this case for others??

That's excellent! Almost 11 pounds in 4 weeks is great. In the US doctors say you can loose 0-2 pounds per week. So you are losing more than can be expected. Some people don't loose before their first fill.

I am a slow loser; which I attribute to having lost 100 pounds presurgery.

Hello - wow that made me feel a little better. Thank you very much. Hope I dont gain the weight when I go to solids. And congrats on the 100pound weight loss. :) xx

I think your weight loss is great. I'm two months out and have only lost about ten pounds because I'm hungry all the time -- Bandster Hell! Had my third fill yesterday and think I'm finally getting some restriction -- yay!!!!

Wow - trust me I'm hungry all the time too and I have very little will power. I ate solids during my liquid post op diet. I regret but I can't help my self. I get my first fill on the 16th hoping for some feeling of restriction. I hope you survive bandster hell lol xx

I am almost 4 months out now and when I went to solids I too was afraid of gaining weight. But it didnt happen. Just make good choices and do your best. Myfitnesspal really helps to keep track of everything. Congrats on the weight loss so far, you're doiing great! Good luck!

Try not to put to much pressure on yourself while you are healing. The 11pounds is awesome!! When you are able to have more control over what you eat, I'm sure you will be successful!

I'm actually looking forward to the solid stage....The post op diet is very carb friendly and not Protein friendly--except for the shakes and since my surgery on March 19 I have only lost 7 pounds where before that I was able to keep to a high protein/low carb diet and lose about a pound almost every day ! So I can't wait to get the green light to realy food so I can return to the high protein/ low carb way of life. Ketosis is a wonderful thing!

Hang in there!

Thankyou all so much for your support, I'm glad this is normal!! I'll just need to eat tge right foods! Xx

I lost 50 pounds this year and often get discouraged. However, I keep reminding myself that normally Id gain weight!!

any weight loss is great, I just started mushies and am thrilled just for some texture. I managed to lose 13 lbs pre op and have lost another pound in this past week. Lets keep trucking along, we can do this!!!

Waitingpatiently......there are lots of postoperative high protien foods, I am doing well on eggs, tuna, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, ground beef, Beans, ground chicken, high Protein Soups, and high protien puddings. I love making spaghetti sauce with ground beef and having that sans noodles!

I know it is easier to cheat but really try to stick with it, try popsicles, anything..the diet is there for a reason, some people including the doctor says it is there to help you heal, and to also let your stomach get use to being smaller, you start adding solids in early you are possilbly stretching your pouch at such and early stage...So hang in there..

I had my surgey exactly 1 month ago. I lost 16 lbs and once I hit solids, I didn't loss anymore. Nor did I gain.... But still I was a little disappointed. They just scheduled me for my fill next week and told me that I will start to feel more restriction.

So I am looking forward to it.

Congrats on your weight loss.

Hello! I'm 2weeks post-op now. Started mushy food which is awesome even though I cheated during liquids (I admit it) but I've lost 5 kilos (which is great) since my pre-op diet. So 5 kilo in 4 weeks, but that's it. Is this this case for others??

thats pretty good weight loss it is hard post op trying to just stay on liquids. ive been borderline... putting various veges, whatever in my Soups. i could only just get them through a straw. i did mention to the dr what i was doing and he wasnt concerned though. i m having slightly more solids blended in with the Protein etc... and in soups as well... but they are basically still liquids. i have good days and not so good days. Are you still hungry??

Waitingpatiently......there are lots of postoperative high protien foods, I am doing well on eggs, tuna, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, ground beef, Beans, ground chicken, high Protein Soups, and high protien puddings. I love making spaghetti sauce with ground beef and having that sans noodles!

how do you make the spagetti sauce thing?? no noodles at all?? can you tell me what you do please?? thanks.