Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question..vitamins And Supplements

So I have read everywhere and doc has also told me.. I will need to take liquid or chewable Multivitamins...but didnt say when to start taking them.. I know u can get childrens chewables (she said take 2 of them) but i have never seen liquid ones? I am going to ask doc more about it at my april 5th appt....but was just curious if others are taking the liquid? where they found it? and did u start before surgery or after surgery?

thanks

If you have a vitame store by you they should sell them, they actually sell vitamens that cater to banded people. I have been taking vitamens all along, just switched to centrium chewable along with my calcium chews and Gummy fiber's. You'll want to make sure you get extra Fiber due to the change in your diet. good luck

I was looking for liquid vitamins and was told only by presription so I will have to check Vitamin shop too! Thanks for the info! Right now I take 2 gummy vitamins 2 Gummy fibers and a Calcium chew, I make them my mid morning snack:)

I take CVS Spectravite liquid multivitamin/ multimineral supplement compare to Centrum liquid

I take Viactive Vitamins with Calcium, carmel chewables, two a day. Yummy. They also have them in chocolate.You can get them at Walmart. I also take Vitamin B-12,Two,Fiber chewable tablets each day, because our diet is so limited after surgery. It sounds like a lot, but I am actually feeling much better. I didn't start taking all of this until after my surgery. But I did start n the Viactive before hand to get used to taking them and to see what worked best for me.

I take (1) Centrum chewable and (2) Gummy Calcium with my lunch daily. I did begin with my pre-op diet and have continued on. I never thought about the fiber. I need to find those. I also have read about fish oil and the need. Does anyone take fish oil?

I plan to take an Omega 3/fish oil but the caps are huge! I know of a banded person that bites hers open and drinks the oil-strawberry flavored only. Otherwise yucko!

I'm pre op but I've been advised to take Gummy vits, gummy fiber, folic acid, calcium chews and thiamin. Which is a lot of stuff! Wondering if I need all this...

I plan to take an Omega 3/fish oil but the caps are huge! I know of a banded person that bites hers open and drinks the oil-strawberry flavored only. Otherwise yucko!

I'm pre op but I've been advised to take Gummy vits, gummy fiber, folic acid, calcium chews and thiamin. Which is a lot of stuff! Wondering if I need all this...

Right...not planning on drinking the oil. I might put it in a Protein shake or apple sauce or something but...those pills are very large!

i had looked on cvs and walgreens before and missed that they had the liquid vitamins..but i see the ones sharon mentioned..they actually have the 8oz bottle on sale for $4 instead of the normal 7.99 right now. so thanks Sharon for mentioning them. I will look into the others mentioned as well. Hubby and I are both out of work right now..so the cheaper I can get them..the better.

I had my Required Nutrition class yesterday morning which I found very helpful and my Dr.Group Recommends Vitamins and supplements from https://www1.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog. The Nutrition lady passed out chewable samples which were not bad at all.

OC...ty so much for the website. Now if they would just make Vitamins more affordable, it would be even better lol.

I'm pre op but I've been advised to take Gummy vits, gummy Fiber, folic acid, Calcium chews and thiamin. Which is a lot of stuff! Wondering if I need all this...

I take a fish oil called Coromega Omega 3 Orange. It is a squeeze pouch that doesn't taste too bad. I guess a lot of parents use it for their children. No fishy smells. Kind of like a creamsicle, but not quite.

I would buy off of Amazon.com, as I was in a supplement store yesterday and they charge over $30 for the same thing I paid $17.

http://www.amazon.com/Coromega-Omega-3-Supplement-Squeeze-90-Count/dp/B000FFQATA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333299205&sr=8-1

OC...ty so much for the website. Now if they would just make Vitamins more affordable, it would be even better lol.

I ordered my first set of Vitamins from powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. They are called O-Purity and are band specific. I did a comparison on my blog between these, Bariatric Advantage, Celebrate, Flinstones, and Centrum chewable. The cheapest was Flintstones (0.08 per day), Centrum (0.10), O-Purity (0.30), Celebrate (0.42), and Bariatric Advantage (0.45).

Interestingly, my surgeon's material recommends the Centrum chewables, which you can usually get for $8-10 a bottle. I decided to go with O-purity because the ingredients do not come from China and unlike the other two bariatric vitamins, you only have to take one Vitamin a day vs two.

I would say if you went with the Centrium, make sure to buy an additional Biotin supplement, a B12 sublingual, and the Calcium + vit D/K chews. I found the Biotin and B12 at Walmart for approx $10 for both. I buy my 180 chews at Costco/Sam's Club for $11.

http://thebandedblog...c-vitamins.html