Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How's the Hoodia working La Madam?

I've been thinking about you La Madam & wondering how you're Hoodia has been working. Last I heard you lost 3 lbs. in one week. Anymore news? Just curious. I worry about you guys who had your bands taken out!!!

Not Michelle but I am taking Hoodia too.

It works for me but I have to be careful. It kinda makes me jittery. So I take the smallest dose possible and get the same effects. Of course it works best when you take it. LOL!!

I didn't take it while I was gone from home and I should have. LOL!!

Hi Penni! Besides, making you jittery, do you feel like it has curbed your appetite? How bad were the jitters? I was on phentermine & it was TERRIBLE!!

I read your I WILL post & am so proud of you. I don't know how I would survive without my band & you are making the best out of a bad situation. Keep up the great attitude!!!

The jitters only last for about an hour. It certainly does curb my appetite. I was on Phen/Fen as well back when they were still doing it. It curbs as good as that did. I lost 30 lbs with Phen/Fen. Damn heart issues. GEEZ!! LOL!!

Thanks for the kind words. It is not easy without the band. I am so determined to NOT get back to what I was. I was heading down that long and winding road but I smacked myself up side the head and now I am back on track. I even cut short a trip to get back home and get on track. THat is committment isn't it? Or insanity? LOL!!

Are there real differences with Hoodia, some advertise from concentrate and others call it something else....something sugesting that its purer or more potent. I have some and it seems to only have immediate effect. Can you tell me what brand you have....liqud or pills and give me some idea what you paid for it?

I'm telling you it works for me.. thanks for asking and thinking of me :) I appreciate that more then you know!

Today so far I have eaten 2 egg whites w/ a small piece of turkey ham for Breakfast

lunch a small green salad and I had to force the salad down, was not hungry but I still need to eat.. it is 4:00 now and I'm not hungry. I do not have the jitters but it affects us all differently, right now for me it is my saving grace not having my band ...even if I DO NOT LOSE lose another pound and DO NOT GAIN I am happy!

I know that some of it is seriously expensive ive been surfing the net and they advertise dont buy the extract, buy the pure hoodia or something like that and im wanting to know if there is any difference in the two

Bermy - A person who actually HAS a bottle of Hoodia will have to help you on this one. I have no clue. I know that Penni posted a thread once that told us the ingredients in her bottle of Hoodia. You might want to try a search & see if that helps you. Good luck.

La Madam - I am so happy for you!! I see your pictures & am so inspired by your success. Keep up the great work & I'm so glad it's working for you. I'll keep that info. tucked in the back of my mind just incase I have some bad luck with my band.

Michelle: It keeps me from being so hungry as well. I ordered mine from a different place than you got yours but all I can say is if it works who cares where it came from.

Bermy: Here is the ingredients and the link to where I purchased my bottle. I only take two a day at dinner time. It keeps me from eating at night which is my worst time.

<TABLE id=table1 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=180 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3><TABLE id=table2 borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=410 bgColor=white border=1><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE id=table3 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=400 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Supplement Facts

Servings Size: Two (2) Capsules

Servings Per Container: 30</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><HR color=#000000 noShade SIZE=6></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Amount Per Serving:</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3><HR color=#000000 noShade SIZE=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Hoodia gordonii (fresh stem)</TD><TD vAlign=top width=65>400 mg</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=75></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><HR color=#000000 noShade SIZE=6></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>†Daily Value not established.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose (Plant Fiber), Rice Flour, Magnesium Stearate, and Silica.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here is the link: Hoodia Gordonii

I have some too! (me- the pill head)

I bought the spray version - kinda expensive, like $35 for a SMALL bottle (1.5oz). It says to spray 2 squirts 15 minutes prior to eating. Didnt work for me.

So I sprayed 4 squirts.

I became SO restricted that I had to sip sip sip my Water - just like the days when I just had a fill. So yes, that curbed my appetite.

THEN I got my bottle in (same as Penni ordered). Ive only taken 1 at time (meal) they are cap's and pretty large - hard to go down with the band.

It gave me a little pick-up. Didnt do much for my hunger. Although I only took 1 at a time....

Gee thank you all I want to find the spray ! I had the pills and i didnt really feel the difference. I also had the liquid, supposed to put a few drops in water........but i dont think i noticed much thats why im wondering if it varies in potency with the manufactorer's brand, Paula can u give me the website where you bought yours plz?

I was just thinking about this today, and am thinking about getting some. Can someone post the link to where they got the spray and pills both from?

Trying to be patient til fill.

Thanks ladies!

Here is the link: Hoodia Gordonii

There ya go.

Kelly and Bermy,

I got the pills from the same place as Penni - vitaminlife.com; and I got the spray from my local health food store. Its actually 1oz (not 1.5 like I said earlier) and its made by Regalabs.

Here is the number on the bottle 800-582-6991.

Im gonna do a search and see what I find. If I find anything, Ill update this post.

***update***

no luck! I found a site that sold the regalab hoodia tablets - but not the spray. Try the number I gave, and if you have any problems, let me know and I'll ask the local store for her ordering info.