Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been working toward getting banded for almost a year...3 month diet...sleep studies, CPap machine (huge, huge problem for me), EKGs, blood work. There was a long period between that I feel like I lost the motivation to continue eating right and I haven't been exercising but I desperately need this surgery. I weigh 350lbs, I am in pain mentally and physically and I feel like my whole life depends on this. But I am scared...am I going to have problems with my band for the rest of my life after I get it...always in pain or always desperate to eat? I am determined to do this even if it kills me but I am afraid...please give me some hope.

I have only been banded three weeks but I am so glad I did it! U can literally read page after page of success stories on here! Starting something new and life changing can be scary but we tend to adapt quickly. U CAN DO THIS

Get EXCITED!!! The band, with your efforts will give you a new life. I just hit the 3yr mark and I can't tell you the difference it has made in my life. At 54 I can shop where I didn't before, enjoy a size 10 and not a 24. There have been some bad moments, due to me not listening to my body or not following the guidelines that I know work for me. I had my surgery on Mon. went home on Tues and went out that night and the next 3. Some soreness and CRAZY gas, but I have had colds that made me feel worse. Hunger has not be a problem for me, which is almost a problem because we must get our portein. I never have exercised like many do (might have lost more), also I have never really measured my food. I just made sure I stayed within the guidielines I set for myself which were within the ones the doctor gave me and I lost. My life is to hetic (4 nights of pool), a husband that loves to eat out and really bad time management for me to

This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. You will learn what works for you and as long as you get your fills, drink your Water and get your Protein you will do just fine. My body just feels better, my legs and ankles don't hurt, my overall mood is better. I feel better about me because I really feel this was the best decision I have made for myself in years. The best thing is that this can add years to your life.

Now think of the pain you feel and know that it will get better. I can't tell you that there won't be any problems, but your medical team will instruct you how handle them.

Hit me up anytime you need to vent, discuss or just ask a question.

Best of luck. :wub:

I can relate to feeling mentally and physically drained. Before I was banded in February, my knees and back always hurts. I had 3 surgeries to fix heel spurs caused by weight bain and I couldn't walk up my stairs without being out of breath and my relationship with my husband was going down hill fast.

Plus, I was not as heavy as most that get banded, but the extra weight I had been carrying around for years took it's toll on my over all health and at 43, I felt much older inside and out.

Now that I have the band, in almost 2 months I have lost 30#, most of that in the first month. If thats not motivation I don't know what is. It also helps that I have a terrific Bariatric group that I go in weekly for weigh-ins, which helps hold me accountable for my actions each week, especially right now that I am kinda new to this new phase of my life. But I think the key to your sucess depends alot on you. I really wanted this more than anything. I wasn't always big and I loved my life and who I was before the extra weight. That all changed when I put on weight.

I love to travel, hike and swim as well as shop for new clothes, which I haven't been able or willing to do in years, because it was depressing trying things on that would not fit right. Last week, I was finally able to get out of plus size, what an amazing feeling. I also, while on vacation, bought some shirts that were too small right now, but motivates me to get into them by summer. I still have a ways to go, but each new success, no matter how small is something to be proud of.

I just got back from San Diego on vacation, I really hadn't excercised much up till then, but was amazed that with the weight I had lost, I was able to climb some of the cliffs on their trails. I walked all week and with very little problem, something before surgery I could not have done. So you ask if this can change your life for the better. It has for me. Plus my husband and I have grown close again. Honestly it's the best decission I have made in a long time, now if you had asked me a week or two after I had it done, well lets just say, I was in pain and had a few issues, but I worked through them and with the help of my doctor and this forum it has made it so much easier to move through this process much smoother.

Good Luck to you :)

Go to the general lap band tab then read the "not measurable results" forum. I love it! Reasons why we all want it! Dig deep and post yours! Can anyone say group therapy!!!! It is wonderful!