Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Measurable Results From Lap Band

What a great thread! So many great answers!

I don't want to be the fat girl with a pretty face anymore, I just want to be pretty ( =

I don't want to walk into a party and ALWAYS be the fattest girl there.

I want my outside to look as good as I feel inside.

I want to be healthy for a long, long time.

I don't want to be fat anymore, life's too short to be held back for ANY reason.

Ok I have to share this....I went to lunch with a really close friend of mine today. He is 22 and one of those super hot guys that people r always all flirty with. Anyhow, I was sitting there sipping my Water in my cute new top when he says "uve lost so much weight already, u look great!". I look at him and he's totally talking to my boobs (yeah I should've been offended but this does not happen to me hehe). I was a little embarrassed so I say, "yeah, it must all be in my boobs the way u r staring at them". He kind of blushes and says he can't help it I look so good. I go to the bathroom and and look in the mirror and I do look good!! I'm only down 30 lbs since surgery but I am feeling NICE! Can't wait for more but it's so nice to see a little curvature on my sides! Silly story but made me feel good so wanted to share!

That's awesome Manda!

I want to be able to fly to Vegas to visit my brother and not have anxiety about fitting in the seat.

I want to ride a horse again, something I haven't done since I got above 200 pounds.

I want to sit on the couch with my husband and not be uncomfortable, with the position I am sitting in or just uncomfortable in my own skin.

I want to not have to think about which chair I can sit in and not break.

So many things I will accomplish this year!

I hear you about the horseback riding, I have felt so self concious in the past few years with my riding. I have lost 30 lbs since my surgery on Jan 30, and already feel much better!!!

What a great post. Reading everyone's responses reminds me of all the changes I am looking forward too. I had surgery March 9th. Have lost 22 lbs so far. I can't wait to go out with friends and not be the "fat friend". Being able to buy a cute swimsuit. Buy clothes that don't look like I'm pregnant. Be able to outrun my kids (11 & 10) or at least be able to keep up with them. So much to look forward too. I hope everyone can reach all their non measurable goals.

As expensive as it is.. I would love more than anything to be able to walk into Zara and buy all the clothes I want!

I want to be able to go out without worrying about if I'm going to be tired before all my friends are.

I would love to wear heels and dresses without being insecure.

To go shopping with my mom without her constantly saying " you can't pull that off"

.. So many more!

there are so many and some that we don't even realize.

The two that came to mind, was my daughter lives in apartment which you get to by elevator and I know it says weight limit is 2500 lbs but I still would think if the elevator went down I would be partially to blame. I looked at it again and thought its not gonna be my fault if it happens (not that I wish it would)

sitting in church today, I went to cross my legs and I automatically used my hands to lift my leg, I practically went to a yoga pose my leg went up so high. The things we have done so automatically will take us awhile to undo, but we will!

Hi everyone. I've had a good think while I've been reading all your comments and here are some of mine wants. I hadn't realised just how many changes I want and how many things I automatically do or don't do because of my size/weight.

I want to be the smallest sister:)

I want an up to date family album

When my sons announce they are getting married I want to be really happy for them without immediately thinking about my weight and the photos ( this has been at the back of mind for years and one son isn't even dating at the moment!)

I'd love to run a half marathon. I've always had a big bust so am hoping to lose more from that area.

Shoes- I love shoes but wear practical ones. I'd love to wear the stilettoes with a side buckle and be able to do the buckle up myself without having to become a contortionist!

I'd like to walk up to the works carpark with a colleague and chat all the way instead of deliberately asking something that will take them a few minutes to tell me so I don't have to chat and become breathless( crafty I know) up the hill.

I'd like not to feel guilty about whats in my shopping trolley when I get to the checkout- no more hiding the chocolate bars under a packet of Cereal while it's on the conveyour belt in case people are looking at what I'm buying.

Yes I too would like my collarbone to be noticable.. oh and to feel my hipbones- I'm not after not skinny just without the padding I have:)

I want to love myself again and then be brave enough to date again

I want to be able to say 'no thanks, I'm full' (lol)

Thanks for this thread, and I love everyone's answers.

- I want to go horseback riding again

- I want to go to the movies and not take up both armrests

- I want to walk into a room and not have to navigate to the chairs without arms bcuz my butt won't fit

- I want to believe my husband when he says I am beautiful, now I roll my eyes and think 'poor sap'

Such a great post!

I was just telling my DH on the phone last night not to laugh but I wanted to run a 5k by the time he comes home! (He's in Kosovo)

I want all of the things you guys said except for the horse riding! Last time, I was on a horse (2004) I was thrown off and had amnesia for about a week. So now I am terrified to get back on.

Most of all, I want my family to be proud of me. I don't want my kids embrassed by the way I look. Kids are cruel and I don't want my kiddos to be ashamed or put through listening to others talk about their fat mom anymore.

I want to fit in booths, chairs (airplanes and movies, etc)..

Like you all, I am tired of being the "fat friend" that is just a tag along.

I am tired of having two butts. (One in the front and one in the back)

I could post forever on my wants so I will just say I want one of each of the above :)

I too have been thinking about this question since I saw this thread the other day. First off, I have already met many of the milestones when I dropped 70ish pounds. I was banded 4/3/2009. Then I became complacent. When I think back, I think I became complacent because I was getting uncomfortable with the attention. My head started playing games with me... I was still seeing the same person that I was before weightless. I know where I strayed and have since renewed my efforts to lose my remaining weight.

Things I have enjoyed from losing the weight are seeing my collar bone, smaller clothes, smaller shoes, no sprained ankles every week, getting out of bed and not having to sit on the side and ease down so my knees and ankles didn't pop and walking many 5ks for charities just to name a few.

Things I look forward to still doing, I would like to go kyacking. (my family doesn't think I can do it) I want to do a tough Mudder race, I would like to be in single digit clothing, and I would really love to learn how to ride a horse. The last time I tried that, the saddle BROKE as I was getting in with step stool and all. I was mortified..... They tried to comfort me but WOW!!! Such an imbarrassing moment. I have so many dreams and ideas now that I never thought were even possible. as a big person some things are just off limits...

I'm sure I will continue to think about this post and may post my goals on the bathroom mirror as a constant reminder.

Thank you for bringing this question to the table. Really brings it home as to why we wanted to have the surgery anyway...besides the health benefits of course. :-) I am so glad that I found this site!

Such a great post!

I was just telling my DH on the phone last night not to laugh but I wanted to run a 5k by the time he comes home! (He's in Kosovo)

I want all of the things you guys said except for the horse riding! Last time' date=' I was on a horse (2004) I was thrown off and had amnesia for about a week. So now I am terrified to get back on.

Most of all, I want my family to be proud of me. I don't want my kids embrassed by the way I look. Kids are cruel and I don't want my kiddos to be ashamed or put through listening to others talk about their fat mom anymore.

I want to fit in booths, chairs (airplanes and movies, etc)..

Like you all, I am tired of being the "fat friend" that is just a tag along.

I am tired of having two butts. (One in the front and one in the back)

I could post forever on my wants so I will just say I want one of each of the above :)[/quote']

I agree completely about my kids. Kids are so inherently honest--they're right--I am fat!

The movie theater and airplane seats are an issue, as well as my big jelly roll in the front.

I'd like to not feel so tired at the end of a workday. I'd like to not think about and Celebrate with food all the time.

Lastly I'd like for my husband to look at me like he is unbelievably lucky to have such a hot wife. I mean I know he loves me and desires me that way (he proves it) but I'd like to see him proud of me.

I already made a post, but thought of a few more,

I became photography so I would always be behind the camera, now I want to be infront.

I love to dance but would wait till dance floor got full before I stepped out, now I don't care if I'm gonna be the first one on the dance floor~

Everybody!

I stopped snoring!!!! 20 lbs and I have pretty much not been snoring for the past week. It's amazing!

I have enjoyed reading all of your post's, I wish everybody all the success in the world. It's a new day and I am so excited for everyone!

Well done you!!xxx