Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Measurable Results From Lap Band

Hey Everyone.

I just got out of my surgery March 19, 2012. I am laying in bed feeling pretty uncomfortable but I think the best way to deal with the pain I am

in is to start thinking about the things I want to accomplish besides losing the numbers. So here's my list : )

- I want to not have to put my socks on before I put my pants on. I do this so that my pants wont rip.

- When I bend over to pick things up, I have to do this weird pendulum swing because its hard for me to see and reach over my stomach, as well as not wanting to rip my pants. I want to bend over like a normal person!

- I want my knees to stop hurting.

- I want to fit into a L shirt. It is so hard to shop and find something that looks good in 2xl or 3xl.

- I want to stop wearing huge jackets so that I can hide my body.

- I want to stop breathing so heavily when I go up stairs.

- I want to stop sweating and losing my breath when I eat.

- I want to stop feeling congested all the time.

This is my list. I have a thousand more that I just cant think of right now but I want to see your results your looking forward to!

Going on a Christmas Cruise this December. Soooo...

I would like to wear a real bathing suit that isn't skirted like a tent!

I would like to wear a pair of cute cut off shorts without worrying that the that the material in the thigh area isn't going to ride up!

I want to go on the cool looking slide thing....and not worry about getting stuck in front of everyone!

I want to sit comfortably in any chair and not have to worry about the plastic ones breaking in the sand!

I want to look pretty on my husband's arm :) I now silly and vain... I am doing this for me...but deep down I want him to be proud of me to. He always says he thinks I'm pretty the way I am....but well...you know what I mean. I want him to say it and really mean it. Not sure if that makes sense.

Going on a Christmas Cruise this December. Soooo...

I would like to wear a real bathing suit that isn't skirted like a tent!

I would like to wear a pair of cute cut off shorts without worrying that the that the material in the thigh area isn't going to ride up!

I want to go on the cool looking slide thing....and not worry about getting stuck in front of everyone!

I want to sit comfortably in any chair and not have to worry about the plastic ones breaking in the sand!

I want to look pretty on my husband's arm :) I now silly and vain... I am doing this for me...but deep down I want him to be proud of me to. He always says he thinks I'm pretty the way I am....but well...you know what I mean. I want him to say it and really mean it. Not sure if that makes sense.

I know exactly what you mean. I was dating a girl for 4 years and she always said that she loved me no matter what I looked like and I know its true sometimes but not all the time.

- I want to be able to cuddle with her on the couch without her practically falling off because I am taking up so much room.

- I want to stop snoring because she has to wear earplugs or she will get up and go sleep in another bed.

- I want to be able to make love to her longer. Because of my weight I can only last 10 minutes or so. I get tired too fast.

- I want to go to the swimming pool with her or a Water park. I have used the excuse of being allergic to chlorine my entire life.

It is strange what people take for granted that we want to do...lol.

This is a great post!

I want to feel good! Not sluggish.

I want to get the bounce back in my step.

I want to be the one that gets noticed rather than be the fat lady tag along.

I want to buy cute clothes.

I want to feel sexy again.

I want to feel good about myself.

I want to not be able to rest my arms on my stomach roll.

This is a great post!

I want to feel good! Not sluggish.

I want to get the bounce back in my step.

I want to be the one that gets noticed rather than be the fat lady tag along.

I want to buy cute clothes.

I want to feel sexy again.

I want to feel good about myself.

I want to not be able to rest my arms on my stomach roll.

Gosh that is one thing I can not wait to go away. Being able rest my arms on my stomach.

Also there are certain booths in restaurants I can't sit in because the table is too close. I have to make sure I can move the chair or table so that I fit. I hate it that I have to order an appetizer and a meal because honestly I will be hungry if I don't get

both but I feel bad about it when I do order it.

I accomplished all that in one year!

Here's one for you.

When I put my socks and shoes on now, I can stand on one foot, pull the other one up and with both hands pull my socks on then my shoes, and tie them.

I remover sitting, holding my breath as I bend forwards to tie one shoe. Probably turned red in the face also.

I now do it the way skinny people do!

WOW!!!!! such a great post....

i want to get my groove back.

I want to feel good about myself again

I want to wear cute clothes again.

I want to not have a muffin top.

I want to no longer feel FAT but fell FABULOUS.....

I accomplished all that in one year!

Here's one for you.

When I put my socks and shoes on now, I can stand on one foot, pull the other one up and with both hands pull my socks on then my shoes, and tie them.

I remover sitting, holding my breath as I bend forwards to tie one shoe. Probably turned red in the face also.

I now do it the way skinny people do!

Oh man yes. I do hold my breath when I bend over to tie my shoes. To the point that I pre-tie all my shoes so they are all just slip on. I have seen my dad put on his socks and shoes while standing up and it looks amazing and I always felt that I would never be able to do that. I can't wait to try it!

I have been banded one year and still want to lose 70~lbs. but I am so happy with where I am.

I am now able to get down and up off the floor to play with my son without having to brace myself.

I flew in February and fit comfortably in the seat and the seatbelt - my husband actually got to use his arm rest!!

I don't have to worry about the booths anymore, I fit in them with room to spare.

I actually have displayed a few photographs of myself with my family around and I don't mind looking at them!! :P

I look forward to getting dressed up for things not dreading how uncomfortable I will feel.

Last night I wore a size 14 nightgown - down from a 26 merely a year ago.

My period has been regular for months which means maybe we can have another baby soon without all the complications I had with my son due to my weight!

Thanks for the post! I hope all of your NSV's happen for you!!

Oh man yes. I do hold my breath when I bend over to tie my shoes. To the point that I pre-tie all my shoes so they are all just slip on. I have seen my dad put on his socks and shoes while standing up and it looks amazing and I always felt that I would never be able to do that. I can't wait to try it!

I did not wake up one day and say I'm gonna try this, but I go to a gym that has locker rooms, and I always find myself backed into a corner with little room so I started doing it out of necessity. Now it is the more common way, like skinny peoLe.

I want to be able to fly to Vegas to visit my brother and not have anxiety about fitting in the seat.

I want to ride a horse again, something I haven't done since I got above 200 pounds.

I want to sit on the couch with my husband and not be uncomfortable, with the position I am sitting in or just uncomfortable in my own skin.

I want to not have to think about which chair I can sit in and not break.

So many things I will accomplish this year!

Love this post!

I want to be able to fly without stuggling with the seatbelt,

I want to be able to ride amusement park rides without having to try out the "test" seat to see if I will fit.

I want to no longer pay $2 extra for the same top because it is "plus size"

I want to wear a bathing suit again without a skirt attached.

I want to rid my closet of all of the black clothes that I wear to hide my body

I want to be able to choose any seat in the theater and not worry about getting my rear end stuck in it.

I want to comfortably ride a bike again.

What I want most is to not have to worry when I go out with friends about what they want to do and whether I will be able to do it or be embarrassed because I won't fit or will be too heavy!

I want to have a lap to hold babies in NOT sit them on top of my belly!

I want to wear bright colors

I want to not be embarrassed to meet people because I don't want them to know how fat I am!

I want for people not to have to "get to know me" before they like me! People always like me when they get to know me but to men I am invisible at first

I want to feel good about me! I want to look at all of me in the mirror not just focus on my hair etc. when I am getting ready in the mornings

I want to stop hiding from cameras!

So many good goals. A couple of the things you all have been talking about are stuff that I forgot about. Some of these things I have convinced myself of certain reasons but in reality come down to me being over weight.

- I hate getting my picture taken, not because I hate pictures but because I hate seeing how overweight I am.

- I have tons and tooons of black clothing, not because I like black clothes, but because it hides my weight the best.

- I have clothes that I refuse to throw away even though they are old old old. I like them because they hide my fat the best.

- I have made specific friends that don't like to work out or swim because I don't want to take my shirt off or show my fat.

- I stopped going to public gyms because I am so uncomfortable being around skinny people working out.

- I want to stop wearing undershirts so that it hides my lumps.