Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Measurable Results From Lap Band

i want to be able to sit like a girl

be able to fit in the chairs at my uni

be able to fly without the extender

go shopping with my cousins (who are freaking sticks) for actual clothes instead of shoes and bags

be able to "share" clothes

tie my shoes and not have the bow be at the side

have my collarbone show( vain, i know)

be able to paint my toe nails without holding my breath lol

to actually feel pretty when i go out

.. sorry it was so long, but i have been thinking of this list for so long now!

i want to be able to sit like a girl

be able to fit in the chairs at my uni

be able to fly without the extender

go shopping with my cousins (who are freaking sticks) for actual clothes instead of shoes and bags

be able to "share" clothes

tie my shoes and not have the bow be at the side

have my collarbone show( vain, i know)

be able to paint my toe nails without holding my breath lol

to actually feel pretty when i go out

.. sorry it was so long, but i have been thinking of this list for so long now!

More more more! There's so many things that being over weight has conditioned us to do. I think the longer the list the better.

More more more! There's so many things that being over weight has conditioned us to do. I think the longer the list the better.

Hi guitar4life3000! I just had band revision surgery on March 7, so I am juuust barely past that painful stage you are in. Stay strong! For me, it was real bad for a week and then suddenly I shot out of bed with all the energy in the world. I've already lost 7 lbs. Crazy!!

Ok, so I'm going to publicly declare what I want to do...so far I've only told my husband and even he was a little surprised.

I want to run a 5k.

Walking a 5k was my goal at my first band surgery when I weighed 300lb. When I weighed 250, I successfully finished a 5k. After this revision surgery, I'm upping the ante. And now I'm *publicly* declaring it here on LBT.

SCARY! I am not a runner. At all. I really, really don't like to run. But hell, even if I do a wimpy half jog thing and turn in a terrible time, I don't care. I'm going to run a 5k.

Whew! It feels so good to share.

And on my girly, vanity thing....

I want to be able to sit with my legs crossed again (as someone else said, sit like a girl).

And I want to be able to sit in a chair and not have the arms of the chair jabbing in my sides.

Thank u for sharing guitar4life. It is fascinating to me to hear from a mans point of view. Honestly I've always thought "chunky" men had it easier than girls. I love that your list is so similar to us!

What a great post!

I want to pick a hiking trail without having to consider how many feet of vertical gain it has.

I want to be in control of managing my weight (and no longer allow my size to define me).

I want to wear impractical stilettos (sometimes) instead of my usual "blocky" heels.

I want to fit into "average" spaces without worrying about taking up someone else's space.

I want to be able to climb as many flights of stairs as I want without feeling winded.

I want to stop hiding behind my child and husband when we take pictures. I only show my face NEVER my full body!

Stop wearing sweaters bc it hides my fat arms and back fat!

I wana walk into a clothing store and buy what I like on the hanger not settle for what fits!

These are all things I thought were "normal" .... They aren't normal. And I want to change them. Best of luck to you guys!

Great post !! ive just recently gone from a 1x to a xl, and i now im able to go in to any store that carries size xl or 16. what a huge change that is for me, knowing that i can shop in almost ANY store !!! as i keep loseing , i also want to be able to......ride a horse, be comfy walking into new situations without feeling like i want to hide, have people feel comfy around me and vice versa, wear lots of cute clothes that arent available for "big girls", to wear tall boots that zip ALL the way up, to not breathe heavy when i do the smallest amount of exertion, too see my toes again when i look down, etc.................

Oh my goodness! I love this post. My surgery is 4/2. I can so relate but the 5k is my goal. We have one on thanksgiving day I plan to walk it. But in February I want to run the 5k. My son loves to run and he wants me to run with him. Also my other son wants me to ride the batman ride at six flags with him. I love life and I want to be able to enjoy it with my children and their children (when they have them in 10 years or so). I'm going to post my list on the frig and my bathroom mirror.

- I stopped going to public gyms because I am so uncomfortable being around skinny people working out.

BINGO!!! Never even thought of it this way but my reality is I hate the gym because I'm too fat. Add that to my list!

Love it all!

I want to wear a skirt without having my inner thighs rub together and chaff.

I want to never ever again want to wear mens clothing, or jackets because they fit better!

I want to be able to roll over in bed without propping myself and turning with my arms.

I want to be on top! ;)

I want to wear heels and be able to walk the next day without back pain!

I want to make eye contact with strangers and not have their eyes drop to my tummy.

I want to wear tank tops

I want to be able to shave my legs...all of them clear up to where they start without having to strain to see what I am doing perkin over around and through my fat!

I want to eat to live not live to eat.

I want to be able to wear a thong or go comando and not think people who might notice are saying ewe...or have to dig it out later!

I want to ride a bike.

I want to be able to do yard work without pain.

I want to live.

I don't want to worrie about what under garments I NEED to have, just to walk

I don't want to worrie about NOT getting a promotion because I am to fat

I want to keep up with my three year old

I want to be able to move around people and things

I want normal clothing

Above all

I want to be seen as me and my accomplishments for what they are and not as the fat man

- I want to go Sky Diving someday. Most places wont let you do it if you are over 250 lbs!

- I want to go snowboarding again. I stopped doing that when I got above 230.

- I want to be able to fix my car. Its hard to slide under it being this big.

- I don't want to look like a gluten when I go out to eat.

I want to be on top! ;)

This is the best thing I've read on here so far. THANK you for making me laugh. I almost snorted Water out my nose!

I want to be on top! ;)

This is true for me as a guy as well. I can only be on top for a couple minutes before I'm falling over out of breath!

I want to shop at a regular store for clothes. I haven't been able to do that since junior high.

I want to weigh less than my husband.

I want to be able to wear heels on occasion, and not have my feet and knees hurt so badly after standing for 20 minutes.

I want to stop having to wear insoles in my ankle-protecting footwear. I sprain my ankles at least once a year, and I hate that.

I want to be able to go out dancing, and not look like a sweaty mess.

I want my thin friends to feel like they can invite me to go hiking/cross country skiing. They don't invite me now, because they know I won't be able to go.

I want my knees and back to not hurt all the time.

I want to learn to run, and see if I actually like it.

I want to join a softball team next spring, and not feel like a whale that everyone is watching, when I try to run the bases.

I want to be a part of the recreational dodgeball team my friends have. (I would have joined this year, but with the surgery next month, I won't be recovered in time).

I want to not be the fattest person in the room, wherever I go.

I don't want people to doubt my professional skills and knowledge anymore. I work on an oil rig, and I know that some people doubt why I am, at my weight.

I want to feel sexy again. I avoid having sex with my husband, because I feel so unattractive. I hate that.