Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band + Plication. Just Got Back From The Hospital.

Just had my surgery, March 19, 2012. I had to stay over night in the hospital because of some complications.

When I took my Upper GI the liquid wasn't going past my plication so I had to stay over night to see if it was

the swelling or if my doc did the plication too tight. He put 0cc into my lap band. I am having some weird

nausea moments. I wont throw up but I will salivate like crazy and I feel like something is going to come. I need

some support. I cant tell if I am hungry or full or in pain and because of the band and plication I can't tell which

is hurting me more. It's all very confusing. Anyways thanks for listening! It's my first day and I can not wait for

the rest of my life : )

- Cory

Congratulations. I had banding done today, and would have opted for plication+band if it was offered at my clinic. I was told to make sure to stay ahead of your medication- it works better when taken on time, but does not work as well if it is taken once the pain has started again.

I feel a definite soreness/achiness in my stomach, but feel pretty good overall.

Congratulations. I had banding done today, and would have opted for plication+band if it was offered at my clinic. I was told to make sure to stay ahead of your medication- it works better when taken on time, but does not work as well if it is taken once the pain has started again.

I feel a definite soreness/achiness in my stomach, but feel pretty good overall.

Have you had a the weird nausea feeling yet? What about the burps? Because there isn't a lot of info on the

plication I don't know what is coming from what.

I was offered the plication and opted out. My ONLY regret!!! The band is great, but the weight loss is slow! I would have loved to speed things up like the plication will do for you!

I was offered the plication and opted out. My ONLY regret!!! The band is great, but the weight loss is slow! I would have loved to speed things up like the plication will do for you!

Ya my doctor did it for free. He is basically practicing so I figured why not. I'm just worried because plication is so new

that I'm afraid of something going wrong.

Congrats Cory!! I had the band with plication done 2 weeks ago. The nausea should subside in about 24 hrs. It is usually caused by the gas and the swelling of the stomach. Make sure you get up and walk about every hour. That helped me alot.

~John

I have done so much research and not really found much on plication. I have 100% confidence in my doctor and don't think he'd be doing it if it wasn't proving successful. The reason I opted out was I thought slower weight loss would be better for my skin, and it looked like plication was something I could always go back and do later. However, my first week post-op was so awful, I may never have surgery again, unless it's life threatening!!

Congrats Cory!! I had the band with plication done 2 weeks ago. The nausea should subside in about 24 hrs. It is usually caused by the gas and the swelling of the stomach. Make sure you get up and walk about every hour. That helped me alot.

~John

Its weird... I only get the nausea when I drink my Protein shake. When I walk around my shoulders hurt like crazy.

I was told at the hospital that the gas is whats making my shoulders hurt as well. Did you find that certain Protein shakes worked better than others?

I have done so much research and not really found much on plication. I have 100% confidence in my doctor and don't think he'd be doing it if it wasn't proving successful. The reason I opted out was I thought slower weight loss would be better for my skin, and it looked like plication was something I could always go back and do later. However, my first week post-op was so awful, I may never have surgery again, unless it's life threatening!!

Why was your post-op so awful? My mom had the lap band and she was back to work in two days no big deal.

There is noooo friggin way I could go back to work tomorrow. I have had other surgery's but I have to say this

has been the most painful and difficult as far as post-op.

Its weird... I only get the nausea when I drink my Protein shake. When I walk around my shoulders hurt like crazy.

I was told at the hospital that the gas is whats making my shoulders hurt as well. Did you find that certain Protein shakes worked better than others?

It could be too early for Protein Shakes with your stomach still irritated from surgery. I was on a Clear liquids for the first 24 hours. I am using Boost at the moment to fill between meals.

Oh and drink sloowww!!

It could be too early for Protein shakes with your stomach still irritated from surgery. I was on a Clear liquids for the first 24 hours. I am using Boost at the moment to fill between meals.

Oh and drink sloowww!!

Your probably right, I got a lot of controdicting information from everybody, between the nurses/surgions/doctors. Some said I could have Protein today and others said no. I guess ill just stop trying today and stick with chicken broth and Water. I think drinking slow is the hardest part. I dont really understand if that means drink infrequently or drink frequently but with smaller swigs.

Have you had a the weird nausea feeling yet? What about the burps? Because there isn't a lot of info on the

plication I don't know what is coming from what.

yes, I've started to experience a little nausea here and there. My mouth starts to salivate like I'm about to throw up, then I am able to burp and it goes away. The last time it happened, I felt my tummy rumble (not in hunger) ans then I had a very large burp. Feeling went away instantly.

l am most positive the gas is causing it. I had read somewhere that a person's nurse had recommended peppermint tea for gas, so I've been drinking that. I may try broth later depending on how my tummy feels.

yes, I've started to experience a little nausea here and there. My mouth starts to salivate like I'm about to throw up, then I am able to burp and it goes away. The last time it happened, I felt my tummy rumble (not in hunger) ans then I had a very large burp. Feeling went away instantly.

l am most positive the gas is causing it. I had read somewhere that a person's nurse had recommended peppermint tea for gas, so I've been drinking that. I may try broth later depending on how my tummy feels.

Yup you described exactly what is going on with me. Have you found that the tea has been helping?

I am drinking broth right now and it seams like it is going down very easily.

For the drinking, I was told to try for 3oz every hour or so. After surgery, I was required to drink 1oz every 15 minutes. I am drinking just fine, but because the nausea am not drinking too much.

I am also allowed full liquids starting today.this includes cream Soups, yogurt w/out chunks, low sodium v8 juice, Protein Drinks, blended and strained soups, sugar free jello/pudding. And of course broth too ;)

I did find that Lipton cup-a-soup cream of chicken is a delicious alternative to broth.

I actually started drinking the tea before any problems, so am not sure if it is helping of not. The gas didn't set in til 6 or 7 hrs after surgery.