Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Missouri Lap-Band Patients?

Hi! I am from Southeast Missouri and I am looking to get my lap band placement either last week of April or first week of May. Trying to find a support group or a lap band "buddy" in my area.

Hi! I am from Missouri too. I live just south of the Festus/Crystal City area. Our local hospital has a support group that meets once a month. I haven't made a meeting yet. I was just banded on March 7th so I am new to this whole thing but if you have any questions or want to talk I'm here.

I started the clear liquid preop diet on Feb 25th and finally today is the day that I can eat soft food...YAY! I never thought I would be happy to eat mashed potatoes lol. As of yesterday my weight was down 30 pounds...never thought I would say that either! Good Luck to both of you!!

I spent overnight in the hospital and took the pain medication they gave me, but I didn't use any of the pain meds they sent home with me. The larger incision was not really painful, it was just more tender than the others. It felt like it pulled when I moved. The worst discomfort I had was from the gas pains that everyone talks about. A lot of walking takes care of that :) I did have a little trouble with nausea and felt crappy for the first 4 or 5 days but then it was like a light switch flipped and I feel great! PS: They did sent me home with nausea medicine that works great!

Hi! I'm from Blue Springs, MO....right outside Kansas City. I drove to Colorado to be banded March 1st. The price was much cheaper. Not sure who I'm using for fills, any ideas? I'm self-pay...so price is definately an issue. Good luck!

my daughter had a friend at work that had it done a few weeks ago and thought she was going to die from the gas so it has me a little freaked out

my daughter had a friend at work that had it done a few weeks ago and thought she was going to die from the gas so it has me a little freaked out

Teriners- Who was your doctor? I am traveling to Festus to see Dr. Kurzweil. I have my last nutrition appointment on 4/2. I'm so ready to get to my surgery date! I would love to go to the support group meetings but I am 2 hours south of Festus.

Hi! I am from Missouri too. I live just south of the Festus/Crystal City area. Our local hospital has a support group that meets once a month. I haven't made a meeting yet. I was just banded on March 7th so I am new to this whole thing but if you have any questions or want to talk I'm here.

I started the clear liquid preop diet on Feb 25th and finally today is the day that I can eat soft food...YAY! I never thought I would be happy to eat mashed potatoes lol. As of yesterday my weight was down 30 pounds...never thought I would say that either! Good Luck to both of you!!

A 30 lb weight loss! Woohoo! Congratulations on that! I'm sure I will have a ton of questions as this progresses.

AmandaBelle- My surgeon was Dr. Snow...he is awesome. His office is in South St. Louis County but he does his surgeries at the Surgical Hospital in Festus. Dr Kurzweil is a good surgeon. He has done surgery on my Dad before...not bariatric..but he did a great job. April isn't that far away....you are almost there!