Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Years In And My Band Has Slipped :(

For heaven's sake! You're on a liquid diet and you're not supposed to drink juiced veggies? I don't want anyone to accuse me of suggesting they ignore the advice of medical professionals, but surely in this case, what she doesn't know won't hurt her? Or you?

I just love reading you too... you both are such inspiration. I like the way you think Jean.... and tammy like we were saying yesterday. If they have you do the "pre-op" diet to help with the fatty liver and you are at your "normal" BMI.... then why would you have to do the diet. I think, do your best to stick to the diet the closer you get to your surgery date and you should be good.

and why on Earth can't you drink Veggies..... that is crazy.

Ms jean..... good luck with the Sleeve.... please don't leave us for the "other side". We need you here in Bandland. I look forward to my newsletter...

Ms jean..... good luck with the Sleeve.... please don't leave us for the "other side". We need you here in Bandland. I look forward to my newsletter...

Don't worry, I'll always be a bandster at heart!

I agree that there is very much a one size fits all solution and that most practices have trouble seeing beyond that.They seem to be trained to deal with the initial banding but have not considered the differences when there is some kind of revision.

For heaven's sake! You're on a liquid diet and you're not supposed to drink juiced veggies? I don't want anyone to accuse me of suggesting they ignore the advice of medical professionals, but surely in this case, what she doesn't know won't hurt her? Or you?

Yeah, i wouldnt want to be a bad influence, but Id be making a few of my own rules.

I wouldnt say that to a newbie, but youve been round the block, you kniw what youre doing. And I would NOT be giving up vegies, which are actually allowed on diets like Optifast.

Look at the bright side though, new tummy, but of extra weight loss, you are going to b looking spectacular!

I agree my veggie drink is a must especially now because it gives me the energy I need that I wasn't getting from just the high Protein.

How do I get your newsletter Jean?

Needless to say this past week has been really hard, but I'm sticking with it as much as I can. I went to a sportsbar with some friends yesterday to watch the Bulls game and had a few mozzerella sticks. And I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. My liver probably looks like a shriveled up prune by now...8 lbs down in 7 days. At this rate I will be very close to being underweight by the time the post-op liquid diet is over. This can't be healthy! I can stand to lose maybe ten more lbs but I really don't want to get too thin. I am 5'10" and will start to look like Olive Oyl if I lose too much weight...not a good look on me at all! Good news is I found a Protein shake I like. Most of the shakes that are allowed taste horrible because they have to have less than 5g of sugar, but the EAS Advantage shakes are not too bad.

Sigh...one more week of this madness!!! :wacko:

Tammy, if you give me your e-mail address, I'll put you on the newsletter mailing list. It mails every Monday morning.

Tammy, if you give me your e-mail address, I'll put you on the newsletter mailing list. It mails every Monday morning.

Thanks Jean! I will send you a private message...

Tammy,

I just got a date (5-3-12) for my revision surgery.

My prep for it will be one day of Clear liquids. ONE day.

I'm telling you this not to taunt you but to show how silly is your surgeon's insistence on you doing a 2-week liquid diet to prep for yours!

Jean who and why would anyone gloat about you having to revise??

Band-bashers like Formerlyfluffy seem to feel that karma is biting me in the butt.

I had no idea you were in here Jean! I'm not very active but I check in every now and again. I wanted to tell you your book has been so helpful these last nine months. I referr back to it constantly. Thank you for writing it!

Tammy,

I just got a date (5-3-12) for my revision surgery.

My prep for it will be one day of Clear liquids. ONE day.

I'm telling you this not to taunt you but to show how silly is your surgeon's insistence on you doing a 2-week liquid diet to prep for yours!

Jean,

I am glad to hear you got your surgery date but UGHHHH!! Yes it is very frustrating to hear that. I have been doing some research on revision surgeries and I have yet to read about anyone doing a full 2 weeks. The most was 3 days and that was for someone who had lost weight but was not at goal. I feel like pulling my hair out!!

Anywho, good luck with your surgery. I know you are excited! I am very curious about the sleeve so I am looking forward to hearing about your experience with it.

I had no idea you were in here Jean! I'm not very active but I check in every now and again. I wanted to tell you your book has been so helpful these last nine months. I referr back to it constantly. Thank you for writing it!

Thanks, Lorelei!

My surgery went well, I have a new band, and a hernia was fixed (not sure where that came from). I am up walking already and feeling pretty good.

That's great news.

Thanks Elcee!