Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In Perspective...BLESSINGS

There are very few things sent to me that are worth forwarding on, but this was one. As we're going through our WL journey it's always a good idea to reveiw our blessings and put things into perspective.

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

And if you get this on your own computer, you are part of the 1% in the world who has that opportunity.

Also…

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness ......you are more blessed than the many who will not even survive this day.

If you have never experienced the fear in battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation ... you are ahead of 700 million people in the world.

! !

If you can attend a church meeting without the fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death .... you are envied by, and more blessed than, three billion people in the world.

If your parents are still alive and still married ... you are very rare.

If you can hold your head up and smile, you are not the norm, you are unique to all those in doubt and despair.

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you as very special and you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world who cannot read at all.

Have a good day, count your blessings, and if you want to, pass this along to remind everyone else how blessed we all are.

This post is a breath of fresh air.

I live in the midst of Hurricane Rita's aftermath. Lots of FEMA trailers, tons of blue roofs (5 months post storm) still needing to be replaced, many buildings are 1/2 way bown down (waiting for insurance to do their thing).....

so, I take this post very serious.

:couch2: Thanks for posting that. I really needed to "hear" that after my phone call to the insurance company. It really does put things in perspective.

Audra

NICE!! I am copying this and sending it to those in my life who need to count their blessings as much as I do!!!

Thanks, Kare, you are a blessing to us all!!

~cheri

Glad y'all liked it.

As some of you may know I'm an insurance agent (Mercury). I write a lot of auto policies and it's common for my clients to call me when they've had an accident. I have even been called from a hospital room. Car accidents are something in my awareness every day. I usually say "Drive carefully" instead of goodbye and I sincerely mean it. Since I have been hit TWICE (once by a semitruck) in the last few months I've also adopted a new saying:

Nothing realigns your priorities like a good car accident.

That's really a good thing to keep in mind when you're late and rushing off somewhere--or reaching for that cell (something the 2nd person who hit me was doing).

So if you haven't been in a car accident today, add that to your list of blessings and--please-- drive carefully!!

Kare you always brighten my day! You and my mother have definitely found the fountain of youth. I told her you were 50 and she said and I quote 'I would have thought she was about 34 or 35. My mother is 57 and she really does look like she is about 39 or 40. I just pray that I have those genes. So far I can pass for 30. I will take it. Thanks again for the life check. I am truly blessed.

Thanks Dee!

I've often thought your "Do Tha' Dang Thang!" should be available in a neon light! I'd hang it right over my bathroom mirror!

Hey, I've been meaning to redo my bathroom. It really would be cool to paint it all funky colors with a neon light. Or... I could make a stencil of your phrase and paint it on the wall.

Creative projects are probably my best tool to keep from eating. Thanks for the inspiration!

Excellent post, Kare! So many of us forget just how lucky we are... just by drawing the lucky card of being born in the economically developed part of the world. Thanks for the reminder.