Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Age 36 Weight 223 Height 5 3.5

I am 5'4" and I started at 215 s I guess i was 'low' BMI so I had to self pay...I had no other health problems to get insurance to pay. I am 48 and was 46 when I got my band. I had been at least 230 at some point but I hardly wanted to get on the scale!

I losy my weight kind of slowly (5-6 pounds a month when in green zone) but I never dieted or even exercised. I had a couple of very long plateaus where I thought maybe thats all I would lose (one was at 180 and the next at 155) and then I finally went (5 hour drive) and got a fill each time and that got me back to the 5-6 pounds a month.

If I had it to do over I would do it in a heartbeat, even the $15K! best of luck! I wish I could have done it 20 years sooner.

I was 227 pounds and 5'6. My BMI was 36.My age is 45. I have lost most of my weight.I am at 157 pounds. I am not really losing pounds now but I am losing size.I am for the first time in 20 years in a size 8 to 10. The struggles I have are first exercise. You must do something. Second is when I do get hungry I still feel my plate like being prebanded even though I know I wont be able to eat it. My other issue is eating to fast when I am hungry. I wonder if that will ever go away for me. :blink:Good luck on your journey.

Kat

Had surgery 2 years ago. I am 64 in a few weeks. was 256-now 167 5ft 6 in. 15 months

I walk 3 miles a day. and Water aerobic 3x week.

41 when i started, nov. 09'. 223lbs.... 5'2.5" first year i lost 60, second 20 and in the last 4 weeks 5lbs.

Discouraged at first because i was a slow loser. But, then i learned that i had to work with my band and not against it. I watch what i eat, i stay away from bread, rice and other bads. I do still struggle with cravings. That is one thing, the band does not take away the cravings.

I exercised 3-4 days a week. Started with Zumba at the ymca and then branched out to Body combat, and body pump. Started amping up my walking and elliptical. At first i could only do like 10-15 min on the treadmill and 5 on the elliptical..... but i'm now at 45 walking and 45 elliptical.....

I started at a size 18/20 pants and xxlg shirt.... now i'm at a size 6 and a md/lg shirt.

I recently had a Tummy Tuck..... so happy with it. All of my surgeries destroyed my stomach (2 c-sections, hysterectomy, gallbladder and LB), i had the apron. I asked the PS if i need arms, legs, back done as well, but he said i did great and that it was a blessing that i lost slow and that i exercised. Makes a big difference when you exercise when it comes to skin and muscle.... just saying.

Good luck

i just got banded 3 months ago, im 53 yrs young and im 5'3 and started at 225 lbs last december. I wore a size 18 or 1x. well ive lost 22 lbs and now wear a size 16. Woo hoo ! Everything is going great, the surgery and recovery were very easy , and i can eat everthing as long as i eat slow and chew well. i thought i hit my greenzone with my 3rd fill, but now not so sure. i may be going for a 4th fill soon. dont forget to find an exercise routine that you can stick with, it has made a big difference in how i look and feel. i do a Water fitness class 3x a week and walk when weather permits , and attend a local monthly support group (tonight !).its a daily struggle but oh, the rewards are SO worth it !when your too tight clothes start falling off, and you can walk up a hill easily, and it used to make you huff and puff, you'll be proud of all your hard work. Good luck !