Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can Someone Please Explain How This $&)(;:/ Band Helps You Lose Weight?!?!

I've read all about "bandster hell" but I'm starting to think this thing will never work. I have had 3 fills for a toal of 9 in an 11cc band. I'm trying but it's a struggle to stay on track. I'm still hungry all the time. I mean seriously slider foods are carbs?? I can still eat cheese-its like they are nothing and have to chew chicken for 10 min?!? I thought slider foods would be Wendy's frostys.

That said the band is slowing me down some BUT I thought I would be more in control of my hunger. I thought I wouldn't be able to eat the bad stuff.

Can some of you successful people please explain how I can join you in that success. I remember reading a post from the moderator before I got banded on proper restriction but I can't find it now. Do I just need to get proper restriction and it will all fall into place? Hunger gone? Control gained?

Thank you for all your help in advance :)

I've read all about "bandster hell" but I'm starting to think this thing will never work. I have had 3 fills for a toal of 9 in an 11cc band. I'm trying but it's a struggle to stay on track. I'm still hungry all the time. I mean seriously slider foods are carbs?? I can still eat cheese-its like they are nothing and have to chew chicken for 10 min?!? I thought slider foods would be Wendy's frostys.

That said the band is slowing me down some BUT I thought I would be more in control of my hunger. I thought I wouldn't be able to eat the bad stuff.

Can some of you successful people please explain how I can join you in that success. I remember reading a post from the moderator before I got banded on proper restriction but I can't find it now. Do I just need to get proper restriction and it will all fall into place? Hunger gone? Control gained?

Thank you for all your help in advance :)

Crunchy carbs like crackers , chips, Cookies, are "easy" for a lot of banders. A thick cold frostie can be hard for me ...strange i know. I remember telling my doc "I can even eat a banana". She said bananas are hard for a lot of banded people. also, i didnt get good restriction till 5 fills

Thanks for responding. You look fabulous so the band obviously worked for you. Is it always a struggle? Once I get to that magical place called "proper restriction" will everything be easier?

I did not get restriction until 10.6 CC's in a 11 CC band. If you eat 3 oz of solid Protein and veggies how long do you go before you are hungry?

Junk food like chips, Cookies, milkshakes, and the like will ALWAYS go down easily. You have to make the decision to not eat them. For me, I eat healthy solid Proteins and I am satisfied for a longer period of time than a meal used to last me before I was banded. Junk food doesn't call to me as much as it used to, but I still have to say NO!

Yes, it is more challenging to eat solid Proteins than to eat a bag of chips. But I have to make that choice for myself. The band makes it easier because it helps to control my physical hunger. In fact, part of why I chose the band is BECAUSE I would still be able to eat the foods I love, but in limited quantities.

The band is not autopilot like bypass. We have to be accountable for what we eat.

Junk food like chips, Cookies, milkshakes, and the like will ALWAYS go down easily. You have to make the decision to not eat them. For me, I eat healthy solid Proteins and I am satisfied for a longer period of time than a meal used to last me before I was banded. Junk food doesn't call to me as much as it used to, but I still have to say NO!

Yes, it is more challenging to eat solid Proteins than to eat a bag of chips. But I have to make that choice for myself. The band makes it easier because it helps to control my physical hunger. In fact, part of why I chose the band is BECAUSE I would still be able to eat the foods I love, but in limited quantities.

The band is not autopilot like bypass. We have to be accountable for what we eat.

THIS IS A REALLY GREAT RESPONSE! The band is very different from bypass in that all foods you ingest will be absorbed. if you eat it, you absorb the calories. Unfortunately lots of slider food, like chips, crackers, ice cream, Cookies, cakes are the foods that taste good to us. Even perfect restriction probably won't keep these bad foods from sliding, so you have to actively choose not to eat them. You will have days when you cave and eat a slider, that happens to me every once and awhile, but I know I won't lose weight if I make those bad choices everyday. If you are having trouble feeling full between meals, I would probably recommend drinking more Water, that's something I am working on doing myself. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

I have been "thinking" that I am hungry a lot lately. I am ignoring it for as long as I can. I mean to say I know I am not hungry because I ate a good Protein meal recently.

As I said I am ignoring it and drinking more Water. The feeling usually goes away. I need to be in control of this eating thing, not my confused brain! my band isn't going to stop me eating if I am not actively involved in the food plan.

I have been trying to get my protein numbers higher so I try to find food that will help that end, no junk.

I find i get head hunger a lot. Sometimes it is because i need to drink more Water. I am tight and still get the feeling of being hungry i just work through it and it goes away. You may need another fill too. That is the reason the band is 11cc's. My bff has about 9.25 cc's in her band as i am 6.5. Everyone is different. I also strive to eat 80-90g of Protein a day. If i am hungry sometimes i will have 1/4 of a Protein Shake. Don't lose faith, just neecnto work on getting the band to help you.

Just remember - restriction is not the inability to eat certain foods but being satisfied on much less food. It's up to each individual to make the right choices of what they eat each and every day. Good Luck.