Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

while your at it, you should try it fresh homemade chips too... they are the best! :hungry: Just cut up some corn tortillas and drop them in the grease... when they float, there done. And you can control the salt content!

OMG THATS JUST CRUEL!!!! hahaha i LOVE you!!! i will try this at some point but it will be a VERY special occasion. SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN!!!!!

ok so for you when you make your homeade chips i have a Queso recipe from Las Palmos my MOST favorite mexican rest. in nashville, HECK THE WORLD!!!!!!! when i moved i begged for the recipe and its SOOO easy:

small batch:

1/2 lb white american cheddar cheese

1/4 cup milk (may add more for desired smoothness)

jalepenos to taste

Shelly,

I LOVE Las Palmas! I used to work over by the one on Antioch Pike, I'm glad I moved downtown, but I think there's one around here, I just don't want to know about it! I also love their queso. What is cuo milk? I'm assuming you need to cook on the stove at a low heat?

tricia,

hahaha its CUP of milk i just didnt spell check! yes you cook it on low heat till its ready. they make theirs a little on the runny side cause it thickens as it sits...

I MAY NOT MAKE IT TILL MAY TO GET MY LAS PALMOS FIX!!!!!! AAAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!!!

if you ever want to know where the one is downtown i know, there also one in west nashville, goodletsville and a few other places. business is BOOMING for them they are turning into a mini-chain!

i have even got calvin hooked! thats one of the first restaurants i took him to in nash.

My sister-in-law makes a great and very quick salsa we love to eat.

1 can Ro-tel tomatoes

1 can diced tomatoes w/ garlic & onions

1 handful fresh cilantro leaves

Throw all in blender or food processor. Enjoy

Shelly,

haha! I thought cuo milk was some kind of special milk or something, if I didn't ask, I'd probably be driving all over town asking stores if they had cuo milk! LOL..... Can you buy White American cheese anywhere? I'm definately going to try making my own, that stuff is to die for!

I think the Las Palmas downtown is close to where I work. I work off Broadway near Beaman Toyota, I don't want to know where it is! hahaha!! :)

Thanks for the recipe!

OMG THATS JUST CRUEL!!!! hahaha i LOVE you!!! i will try this at some point but it will be a VERY special occasion. SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN!!!!!

ok so for you when you make your homeade chips i have a Queso recipe from Las Palmos my MOST favorite mexican rest. in nashville, HECK THE WORLD!!!!!!! when i moved i begged for the recipe and its SOOO easy:

small batch:

1/2 lb white american cheddar cheese

1/4 cup milk (may add more for desired smoothness)

jalepenos to taste

now see, you didnt have to go there! YUMM!!!!

@ Mariposa, i thought salsa and pico de gallo were similar but actully different?

I feel like a having Fiesta now!!!! :)

a fiesta then SIESTA!!!!

yes tricia they sell white american anywhere. i usually get it at the deli. las palmas is DANGEROUSLY close to where you work!!!! its on a side street so stay on broadway, demonbruen or west end ave and you'll NEVER see it, start taking shortcuts and i am sure you'll come across it!

Estela, (or anyone esle)

Whats the difference between cilantro and parsley flakes?

This may be a stupid question, but I wanna know!

WOW! Great recipes! I want to give you my sister-in-law's recipe. We fight over this at all the family functions & it's so easy to make! I eat it with a spoon! :hungry:

Carol's Salsa

4-5 cans of diced tomatoes (drained or undrained - your choice)

1 can of Tomato sauce

1 bunch of cilantro chopped

1-2 tablespoons of diced garlic in the jar (use to your taste)

juice of 1 lemon or 1 lime (or half of both)

1 medium onion diced

2 jalapenos diced if you like it hot

salt to taste

Mix all ingredients together & serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate after mixing together. This is better after it sits over night.

The best kind of salsa is pico de gallo which means chicken beak, I know pretty weird. But you chop tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, cilantro and combine it all, then you squeeze lime over it, you have to let it sit in the fridge for awhile to let the flavors mix, oh season to taste, I put salt and pepper, garlic powder. And when I take it out of the fridge I cube chop an avocado and mix it in, yummy in my tummy....

Estela, do you ever use lemon juice? Ive noticed that many of the other receipes on here have lemon juice instead of lime.

Oh - and do you use fresh tomatos?

cilantro has this AMZAZING FRESH taste! i just LOVE it...i put it in....scrambled eggs, stir fry's, fajita's, salads, wraps, sandwiches, i'll try it in anything once cause its YUMMY!

parsley i see used more as a garnish. the only thing i have cooked with it is some broccoli quiches it was good but i would have to follow a recipe to make it again and i CANT DO THAT!!!!

lemon or limes can be used for salsa. i also put a bit of lemon juice in my stirfry's. i use lemon juice mostly cause i drink iced tea with lemon so i generally have 2-3 bottles of lemon juice on hand!

now when i try the Chip thing i may give a squeeze of lime to that because i LOVE those tostido lime chips! mmmm mmmm good!

MAN I NEED SOME GOOD MEXICAN FOOD!!! on 2.5 months till LAS PALMOS!!!

michelle

Paula I use limes, in Mexico lemons are not used very much. I only use lemons for my sweet iced tea. And yes, fresh tomatoes only, please, It is not authentic Mexican salsa or pico de gallo unless you use fresh ingredients...

And cilantro and parsley are totally different. I never use parsley so I couldn't tell you, but I love cilantro on salads, salsas and many dishes. The other day I saw someone on the food network make a cilantro dressing and it looked to die for, I'm planning on trying that one..

I love to put cilantro in Charro Beans:this is my favorite way to cook pinto Beans.

pinto Beans

dice all ingredients below and add to beans while cooking

pork salt

bacon

tomatoes

jalapenos

onions

cilantro

salt and pepper of course

You have got to try, yummy