Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded On The 28Th, So Much Pain

Okay, thanks

Hey Foxxie I just got banded on the 29th, I had all kinda taughts like what the hell I was thinking but I'm already losing weight I walk around my house like it was a track. It helps a lot with the gas pain

I had pains spasm, twitches and pulls. walk Water and I did- maylox and milk of magnesia- which took most of all that away.. and I was surprized by that. Next week, better days will come/ hang in there

Hey Foxxie I just got banded on the 29th, I had all kinda taughts like what the hell I was thinking but I'm already losing weight I walk around my house like it was a track. It helps a lot with the gas pain

Caramel OMG I Love It and so remember the thought What the Hell was I thinking!! Those thoughts go away when the pounds start dropping. I am over 2 yrs out and trying to get back on course. Love you post!! Keep on walkin'

I just got banded on the 29th, I think today is the first day I feel what the hell was I thinking! My parents dont make it any better, especially my father. But Ill just have to get over it.

I have support from my friends and family, I just wish someone would have warned me about all the pains involved. We will be okay and this too shall pass......PRAY.

Shut the door and and hang in there, just few days you will be great. try to go and walk or walk in circles- it helps- I was walking on the deck outside in cricles at 3 am purpin n f...ng but it helped!

I have support from my friends and family, I just wish someone would have warned me about all the pains involved. We will be okay and this too shall pass......PRAY.

this is exactly how I felt... if some one had just told me how bad it was going to hurt I would have been more mentally prepared for it.

I don't remember pain but I am a cronic pain patient that deals with in daily so I didn't notice as much! I am so sorry for your pain, but hang in there it will pass so I heard about 3rd day. You are on a wonderful and challenging Journey.. but totally worth it. So your new birthday is Feb 28 Happy Birthday!!

I Love It Yet such good advice.

Shut the door and and hang in there, just few days you will be great. try to go and walk or walk in circles- it helps- I was walking on the deck outside in cricles at 3 am purpin n f...ng but it helped!

Wow seems like alot of us got baneded on the 28th! lol , I did as well. After the surgery, my left shoulder was what hurt the most, it had me in tears. Not where they cut me open. Now i'm fine unless i try to use my tummy muscles to much.... and trust me i do that far to often! Just relax, and hopefully the doc gave you some pain meds! If they did take those as perscribed till the pain gets better. Just nice and easy and know you'll be feeling better soon!

I was banded on 02/29 and I am still dealing with shoulder pain. Sometimes quite excruciating! I have found that when I lie flat it mostly goes away. So...at least I have relief for the times I might nap. Or at least when I go to bed for the night. I am normally one to start out on my side, but not during this shoulder pain time! Other than that I am feeling much better except these grueling stomach growling pains. My tummy doesn't feel very sore at all now. Unless I touch the port site.

I am so OVER this clesr liquid diet. According to my nutritionist guides it shows that on day 8 I can have full liquids AND pureed food such as baby food, pudding, yogurt. Boy, wont it be much better! And I believe I can up the amt from 2 oz. to 4 oz if needed. I have to confess that I have been having 3 oz. sometimes already. These hunger pains are as bad as the shoulder pain. I have only done that like maybe 2 of my 6 mealtimes. Also it helped get my Protein in.

My shoulder pain has not completely left me and it's day 6, I have no nausea or hunger pains and I'm still on the liquid diet, what I feel is weakness and discomfort, and that freaking shoulder pain :( . My stomach is sore but it hard for me to focus on that because of my SHOULDER! LOL. Thanks for letting me vent.

I was banded on 02/29 and I am still dealing with shoulder pain. Sometimes quite excruciating! I have found that when I lie flat it mostly goes away. So...at least I have relief for the times I might nap. Or at least when I go to bed for the night. I am normally one to start out on my side, but not during this shoulder pain time! Other than that I am feeling much better except these grueling stomach growling pains. My tummy doesn't feel very sore at all now. Unless I touch the port site.

I am so OVER this clesr liquid diet. According to my nutritionist guides it shows that on day 8 I can have full liquids AND pureed food such as baby food, pudding, yogurt. Boy, wont it be much better! And I believe I can up the amt from 2 oz. to 4 oz if needed. I have to confess that I have been having 3 oz. sometimes already. These hunger pains are as bad as the shoulder pain. I have only done that like maybe 2 of my 6 mealtimes. Also it helped get my Protein in.

Sweetie have gotten you any of the chewable gasx, what you are feeling in shoulder is common among most new banders, probably result of the air they pumped your tummy to see inside you.. Get up and walk as much as possible. Drink lots of fluids and I forget can you do your Protein shakes yet. If you can don't miss any, helps with hunger. Honestly this stage to me was the hardest of the entire procedure, the surgery was nothing to me. This stage you are in was the toughest for me, but it will pass just stick to the plan you have such an AMAZING journey ahead of you. You band area just needs to heal alittle, before we get to stage two, hang in there. My mind at this stage really messed with me. Stay UPBEAT and POSITIVE, get up and move, this time will pass. Stay Strong and remember why we did this, we do not want our band to slip. I am 2 years out 150 less, still more to go. Follow your direction to the "T". I promise it will get easier. Try ice or heat or shoulder, should help, but if you could start walking to get that air out it will help. Good Luck!

It gets better. I had a lot of post op pain. All I could do one night was pace in circles in my living room. The heating pad helped quite a bit.