Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sex Drive After A Year...

I am in desperate need of some help, guidance, opinions... ANYTHING! I was banded 2/16/11. It's been an up and down adventure. I have been noticing my hormones going crazy! My fiance just had a talk with me about our intimacy... there pretty much is none. We are a young and very much in love couple... everything is perfect, except what I'm lacking in the bedroom. I never have any type of sex drive at all. I don't know if this is normal, if I need to see a physician or what. I thougt that when you lose weight you're supposed to feel more sexy and attractive which would cause you to want to have sex. I need some help! My poor fiance does not deserve this!

<3<3

Thank you All!

-Ronni

I talked to an endocrinologist about this. I have PCOS, which has pretty much resolved due to the weight loss and the subsequent lowering of my testosterone levels. Unfortunately low testosterone means low sex drive, according to the doctor. My libido was much higher when I was heavier...go figure.

Hey jenn- I have pcos and will be banded on April 2nd! Did it help alot with ur pcos? I'm excited but don't want to get my hopes up. I also have NO sex drive but I'm still fat! Lol

I too am in this category :( banded on 3-16-11. I also have PCOS, I was so hoping that losing weight would get my libido going.....even when I was heavier still nothing...Now I've almost lost 60 lbs and no change in the bedroom area. we've been married for 6 years and have to kiddos, I'm 32.

Looks like we should start a PCOS group support group too!!!haha

I too have PCOS...but now that I'm forty things don't work well any more and since I'm not producing estrogen as much my testosterone comes trough more...tthus I have more libido now than ever....so there is hope

But you should really see an endocrinologist or at least sstart with your Primary Doctor. He can run some hormone test and see where you stand.

However, I also want you to know that every marriage has peaks and valleys. And that's normal. I don't know how old you are, but if you have children ...they suck the sex drive out of you. And its important to realize stress will kill it too. There were times when my husband and I were young that with the stress of work, kids, and lack of money.....i had Zero interest in sex. But when those outside pressures were removed the spark would slowly return.

I am in desperate need of some help, guidance, opinions... ANYTHING! I was banded 2/16/11. It's been an up and down adventure. I have been noticing my hormones going crazy! My fiance just had a talk with me about our intimacy... there pretty much is none. We are a young and very much in love couple... everything is perfect, except what I'm lacking in the bedroom. I never have any type of sex drive at all. I don't know if this is normal, if I need to see a physician or what. I thougt that when you lose weight you're supposed to feel more sexy and attractive which would cause you to want to have sex. I need some help! My poor fiance does not deserve this!

<3<3

Thank you All!

-Ronni

Ronnie.. how much weight have you lost so far?? are you happy with the way your body is losing weight?? self image could have something to do with it. Also... get yourself some Adrenal support and thyroxine... your adrenals and thyroid gland could need some help. Your body goes under a lot of changes in that 12 months that you have had since the banding... also you may have had some stress relating to re adjustment etc etc. all this plays havoc with your adrenal gland and maybe your thyroid. there is an epidemic of hypothyroidism out there and most of it goes undetected. its worth just buying these two supplements over the counter. ive had both and after three months im feeling a lot better than i used to. My body was under a lot of stress as well... im not banded yet but you can be sure that when i go in i will have both supplements here waiting for me when i get home.

PCOS here as well. I still have some drive, but I have to admit it isn't as much as it use to be. I was also thinking along with hormone changes, it could also be the pill I am on. My doctor put me on Apri/Reclipsen, and I have felt I have a lower drive and some dryness. I'm seeing my endocrinologist in March, so I think I am going to ask her about this.

You ladies are all amazing. I'm def going to try those supplements. I've losst almost 60. I am happy where I am in clothes but not outside of them. Still working on that lol

PCOS here as well. I still have some drive, but I have to admit it isn't as much as it use to be. I was also thinking along with hormone changes, it could also be the pill I am on. My doctor put me on Apri/Reclipsen, and I have felt I have a lower drive and some dryness. I'm seeing my endocrinologist in March, so I think I am going to ask her about this.

i definately would. mention to her about getting thyroid checked as well.. but you dont have to be tested in order to benefit from selenium. that works directly on the adrenals above the kidneys and is very important, it works with your thyroid. its not expensive to buy and it really does make a huge difference. i only have to take one a day.

Ive never had a high sex drive, i do it plenty and enjoy it but its definitely not like in the movies and climaxing is hard work, i often forego it because it turns the whole thing into a chore and ruins the actual intimacy. It certainly didnt improve due to weight loss. Over the past eighteen months during cancer treatment my desire for sex had gone completely and when i do it anyway it no longer feels pleasurably. Ive had a very sudden menopause.

What has helped me reignite that part of my life is testosterone. Its still not like the movies but its good again and i dont have to make myself do it. My levels were SO low my doc says ive probbly been deficient all my life. I feel motivated, happier and way less muddleheaded too,

Ive never had a high sex drive, i do it plenty and enjoy it but its definitely not like in the movies and climaxing is hard work, i often forego it because it turns the whole thing into a chore and ruins the actual intimacy. It certainly didnt improve due to weight loss. Over the past eighteen months during cancer treatment my desire for sex had gone completely and when i do it anyway it no longer feels pleasurably. Ive had a very sudden menopause.

What has helped me reignite that part of my life is testosterone. Its still not like the movies but its good again and i dont have to make myself do it. My levels were SO low my doc says ive probbly been deficient all my life. I feel motivated, happier and way less muddleheaded too,

so your dr has you on testosterone?? thats great .

Its great stuff but it wasnt prescribed specifically for libido issues, although that was a factor. I had a very fast, very brutal menopause at 43 due to having pelvic radiation, and id become depressed, incredible irritible, foggy in th brain (i was barely functional), fatigued, demotivated and was noticeably losing strength and endurance by the week. Three weeks into taking it and i feel completely rejuvenated!

Hey jenn- I have pcos and will be banded on April 2nd! Did it help alot with ur pcos? I'm excited but don't want to get my hopes up. I also have NO sex drive but I'm still fat! Lol

My gyno is very happy with where I'm at now. I never had a very severe case anyway but it was definitely there.