Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started Preop Diet Today

New to this site...started preop diet today. 1 week of 2 shakes and one lean cuisine per day and then 1 week of 4 shakes per day....I can supplement with broth, sugar free popcicles and sugar free Jello. My surgery date is march 13. I am 5 ' 3" and weigh 265 lbs. I would love to have some buddies to make this journey with and some mentors who don't mind taking me under their wing!!!! Very excited!

New to this site...started preop diet today. 1 week of 2 shakes and one lean cuisine per day and then 1 week of 4 shakes per day....I can supplement with broth, sugar free popcicles and sugar free Jello. My surgery date is march 13. I am 5 ' 3" and weigh 265 lbs. I would love to have some buddies to make this journey with and some mentors who don't mind taking me under their wing!!!! Very excited!

If don't mind another newbie, I would be glad to be a "band buddy" . I'm a few days behind you. I start my pre-op diet on Monday (5th) and will be having my surgery on March 19th. You can find me on face book too at http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1092394804 if you want to look me up. Right now I'm trying to decided everything I need to get for the pre-op diet and for the first week after the surgery. That way I'm well stocked and won't need to make any grocery runs.

Talk to you soon

I would love to be band buddies!!!! I'll look you up on Facebook. I'm not telling very many people so I will message you instead of posting on your wall....so glad to meet someone going through this at the same time as I am.

My surgery date is march 13th too in the uk just got my letter this morning x my pre op diet is low carb and High protien lots of Water. It will be fab to have a buddy at the same stage x

My surgery date is march 13th too in the uk just got my letter this morning x my pre op diet is low carb and High protien lots of Water. It will be fab to have a buddy at the same stage x

How exciting! Are you nervous? Have you started the preop diet yet? Would love to stay in touch. I live in Tennessee.....Tammy

Hello my surgery is March 16th I am excited nervous at the same time. Just started my pre-op diet on Friday and so far it has not been too bad. My pre-op diet is 5 Protein Shakes a day and than supplement it with broth, Jello and popsicles. Good luck everyone looks like we are all about the same time. Look forward to our success.

Hi Everyone

I've started my pre-op diet today as well. I have surgery on 29th March but I want to make sure I'm as prepared as possible!

My diet is food based rather than liquids... example:

Breakfast = 2 weetabix with skimmed milk (using semi at the mo but will gradually work it down)

snack = 2 plums

lunch = 6 ryvitas, 2 laughing cow light cheese spread, salad

snack = apple or orange

dinner = Quorn "chicken" fillet, new potatoes and vegetables

Does this sound right to any pre-op UK banders? I get concerned when I hear people saying they're on liquids already!

Good luck shrinking our livers! :)

Im sitting here this morning reading everyones thoughts as sip down my very first pre-op Protein Drink. I really didn't need to start until tomorrow, but wanted to make sure I had a Protein powder I could drink. I went with Jullian Micheals. It not too bad. But really I have nothing to compare it to yet. I wanted to make something like a starbuck foo-foo drink and I think it was pretty good. I started with 1.5 scoops of Protein I mixed with 4 oz coffee (i have a keurig coffee machine and love the Butter Toffee--made 12oz, but only used 4oz. that way I have some for tomorrow), 6 oz of skim milk, 1/2 oz vanilla sf Syrup, 1/2 caramal syrup, 2 truvias (sweetner) and 6 ice cubes. I blended in a blender. It actual was really good!

I can see where its only to be hard to get these shakes down after surgery. I have been drinking this one for about 20 min. Iam so full I don't want another sip, but I still have about 3oz to go.----ugh

I hope when I talk to my doctor on thursday he will let me try the powders with collagen in them. I think those will add a lot of variety.

Anyway , Let the count down begin....15 days until the big day.

oh yeah----I found the sf syrups at SAM'S Club they were only $4 for a huge bottle!! Walmart had some by the same company 1/4 the size for the same price.

Good luck ladies !

Im in Australua & Im 6 days post op .. Its been a little difficult but starting to feel good now. Just remember that... Though its kel hole sugery its still major & youll be swollen & sore for a while. Dont try to do too much & make sure you have a good support network around you to keep you positive & strong (-:

All the best girls

xxc

I'm right along with you. I started my pre-op on March 1. My surgery is March 15. We can go on this journey together. So far so good for me on my pre-op 2 shakes a day and a sandwich for dinner, fruits and veggies. Not bad. I'm not even hungry on this diet. So that helps alot.

My surgery is march 13th. 2 weeks of low cab and 1 day of liquid then it's surgery time! I'm very excited yet nervous at the same time. I would love to be band buddies with all of you! I'm 30, female, 240lbs, goal 150lbs!

Hello band buddies! What are these shakes you're all talking about? Are they pre-made store bought? I'm just wondering whether I could get something similar in England...

Hi Curtysgirl :) Thanks for your post-op advice :) I hope your wounds heal shortly and you can kick start your weight loss journey xx

Hello to all

I'm scheduled for March 30th....whenever I just think about it, my heart starts to race so fast...

So scared...yet so want to do it....goal is to feel amazing again, confident, happy with myself :)

Did I mention I was so scared?

I feel completely the same iriegirl! And I doubt we're the only ones...

I unintentionally keep people watching and imagine myself as a healthy size just like all the beautiful ladies I see walk past.

Your op is one day after mine. Feels so far away but it's not. Have you started your pre-op diet yet?

Saz xx

Hi Saz

I finally went yesterday and bought a Protein Shake mix...trying to get ready for the liquid diet...not bad at all...I bought vanilla and mixed it with skim milk, tsp of coffee and 5 ice cubes! Tastes like a coffee ice cream (my favorite)! Good luck on your op!!! I almost hyperventilate just thinking about it :)