Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Is My Scale Not Moving?

For almost two weeks now I have been going to the gym for about two hours. Working on the treadmill, stair stepper, and the bike for 30 min each or more and weights. Why hasn't my scale went down? I had only been working out for about 45 min at a time. I thought for sure this would step it up. I don't think I'm eating to much. I would think that if I didn't have the band and was doing what I am I would be loosing. I just don't get it. And when I get really discouraged I want to run to food so I'm trying to be good. I'm just sad.

How many calories are you eating per day? If you burn a lot of calories while working out but not eating enough, your metabolism will slow down. Also keep in mind that you're probably losing inches right now and it takes the scale a couple of weeks to catch up. I had the same problem when I first started working out and I was about to give up, but the scale finally started moving after about 3 weeks. Don't get discouraged!

WE ALL feel this way at some point. i agree with above reply. if you are working out that much you may not be eating enough. are you counting cals and keeping track? my daily plate is a great site. you can log your food and it count s cals fat ect for you. you can also put in your weight ,height, and how much u are exercing and it will figure how many cals u need each day. hope that helps. hang in!!! http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/

I feel your pain! I just finished a 3 week plateau and that was very frustrating. I tend to not lose weight if I am stressed, so that is the explanation for my plateau. Exercising, especially if you are new to it or doing a lot of it, is also stress inducing at first. It may take a few weeks for your body to get used to a new routine. So keep up the exercise, watch your calories and try not to be too disappointed. The weight will come off, but it just takes time. It is amazing how our bodies try to hang on to those excess pounds!

Im in the same boat as you. Im trying not to get discourged we have to keep on keeping on :)) It has to happen soon!! I went to the doc today and he said i was doing great!! He gave me a .5cc fill and im hoping that helps some to. I am also going to start keeping track of what i eat every day so that i can go back and make sure im not overeating!!!

Hope you start seeing results soon :)

Ami