Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I'm Having Trouble Keeping Motivated With Exercise And Eating Healthy Foods!

Hi everybody!

I got my Lapband done about 8 months ago... I can say I've lost a substantial amount if weight, however lately since I've been eating so healthy it has become so hard to avoid BAD FOODS!!!! also, I feel I'm losing control with my exercise!! ARRGGH! I feel I'm getting bored of the same routine... any suggestions to get in the right mindset and keep on going! Thanks!!! :)

It can be hard after a while.When it is all new the motivation tends to be higher.

I think you need to focus on why you are doing this, what your goals are etc.

Figure out some rewards(non food) for when you achieve those goals.E.g a new outfit, a lipstick, massage, new piece of jewellery - whatever keeps you motivated.

And do not try to be perfect 100% of the time. Forbidden foods have a much stronger attraction than if they are not forbidden. If you want a small piece of cake or candy fine, so long as you do what you should be doing 90% of the time then it shouldn't make a huge difference.

I just set a routine and stick to it... I told myself i had to run 4 miles today and I didnt want to.. I made myself go to the gym.. the first 2 miles sucked.. but The last 2 went great.. I left with a great "high" I seem to workout better when i dont want to be there...

Thank you girls!!! Will try my best! Just signed up to a new group training/bootcamp! Haha... It's just been a bad week! Next week onwards it will get better!!! :) Never give up right!

I just set a routine and stick to it... I told myself i had to run 4 miles today and I didnt want to.. I made myself go to the gym.. the first 2 miles sucked.. but The last 2 went great.. I left with a great "high" I seem to workout better when i dont want to be there...

Hey girl! That's exactly how I am too. I do Walk Away The Pounds Dvds at home and I've been making myself do 3-5 miles a night and if I go into it not wanting to...once I get that 2 miles done I know I can finish the rest...its not as bad as you think...just DO IT.

• I am desperatly trying to get a gym buddy, the one i go to seem pretty friendly compared to any I ever went,,, so i'll keep trying. defentely helps to meet up with someone... I did get a great response on the MFP site -and now we have a circle of banders, welcome to join us there. Accountability to some one helps.. Good luck!

I keep myself motivated by setting mini-goals or trying new things. For example, I always join the monthly challenges that I found on this site. On the challenge usually they have you set a weight goal along with some nutritional and exercize goals for the month. Then you have to post your weight once a week on here to check in and the challenge coordinator posts everyones results on a spreadsheet. It really does keep me on track knowing that I dont want to look like a failure when I check in each week and it is so much easier to think about losing 7 or 8 pounds this month rather than 100 pounds that seems unatainable.

That really helps me with sticking to my nutritional eating and the exercize.

As for sticking to the exercize, I kind of do the same thing. I am always doing something to keep me motivated so that I dont get bored. I just signed up for a 10K in April and I joined a training team that meets once a week and we have a program to follow during the week. It keeps me on track with some extra exercize and it gives me a goal to reach for. I also like to have variety in my exercize so I wont get bored. I do have some routine things that I do everyday but then I sneak in a lot of exercize with fun things. I love to ride my bike on pretty days outside, I joined an adult league volleyball team (you dont have to be good at it -lol and there are lots of other out of shape adults on the team. I go roller skating, snow skiing-just anything that is fun for you to keep it mixed up so you wont get bored. The more activities I am involved in the happier I am. I dont think about eating all the time and I am having a ton of fun.

Good luck. You can do this. Start out slow with a little exercize each day and before you know it you will hate to miss a day!

i hear you! i go through it too. Self talk works a lot for me, possitive quotes, and visual motivation. Sometimes I will just surf the web and look at hot bods I want to have lol! ur look up weightloss success stories. even look at the gallery on here!

I'm getting married in July so my motivated is hanging in my closet!

Seriously though, sometimes it takes having specific goals in mind to keep you on track. Looking at old pictures of myself is helpful too...I never want to get back there again!