Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After Plateauing For Months I Am Now Too Tight

Since October I have been up and down within a 10 pound range. After getting completely unfilled in October because of a 14-hour vomiting episode, I made it back up to 4 cc's without feeling really restricted. Over the holidays I stopped tracking on myfitnesspal.com and also stopped losing weight.

Last week I got filled to 5 cc's and now even yogurt hurts to eat. At first I thought that I could put up with this for a month until my next visit and in the process would finally lose the weight I did not in the last several months, but this is too hard. Today my diet consisted of a glass of juice, two yogurts (eaten very slowly), and some very soft over-cooked brocolli that I could not finish. I came very close to vomiting up the brocolli.

I am considering calling the doctor tomorrow and asking to get a half cc removed. In the last week I have been losing more than a pound a day, which is great, but sometimes my blood sugar drops way low and sometimes I am in pain for hours after attempting to eat something as simple as Soup.

I was too tight at one time..but I couldn't get down even Protein shakes...please go back to your doctor and get an unfill...I was miserable and dropped 9 pounds in those 2 weeks..u stand thee chance of becoming dehydrated if u end up not tolerating liquids..keep us posted

Yes, go. You know you should.

Not good to lose weight from not eating. You need to go in and get an unfill. I know it's a bummer, I have had to do it 2 times myself. Just had my refill today after the unfill 2 weeks ago. I felt immediate relief both times she took some out.

Since October I have been up and down within a 10 pound range. After getting completely unfilled in October because of a 14-hour vomiting episode' date=' I made it back up to 4 cc's without feeling really restricted. Over the holidays I stopped tracking on myfitnesspal.com and also stopped losing weight.

Last week I got filled to 5 cc's and now even yogurt hurts to eat. At first I thought that I could put up with this for a month until my next visit and in the process would finally lose the weight I did not in the last several months, but this is too hard. Today my diet consisted of a glass of juice, two yogurts (eaten very slowly), and some very soft over-cooked brocolli that I could not finish. I came very close to vomiting up the brocolli.

I am considering calling the doctor tomorrow and asking to get a half cc removed. In the last week I have been losing more than a pound a day, which is great, but sometimes my blood sugar drops way low and sometimes I am in pain for hours after attempting to eat something as simple as soup.[/quote']

I am in the same situation. My band is too tight and I cannot keep anything down. My throat is burning because everything comes up. However I am losing weight and I am trying to get by and grin and bare it until I get to my goal weight which is another 40 lbs. I am not sure if it is worth all the misery I am experiencing. Good luck to you!

I am in the same situation. My band is too tight and I cannot keep anything down. My throat is burning because everything comes up. However I am losing weight and I am trying to get by and grin and bare it until I get to my goal weight which is another 40 lbs. I am not sure if it is worth all the misery I am experiencing. Good luck to you!

40 pounds is not worth it to grin and bear it! It's always nice to be dropping some lbs, but not at the risk of your health.

What's the matter with you people who vomit and vomit and think nothing of it???? Don't you know it can irritate your esophagus to the point of pre-cancerous cell changes called Barrett's esophagitis? Do you want to lose all this weight and then die young from cancer of the esophagus? Don't you read ANYTHING??? For Pete's sake, go to your surgeon and get unfilled enough so that you can eat and keep it down. Honestly, I find it hard to believe that some of you are so un-informed that you risk your health daily. Get with the program, people! You had this surgery to improve your health and yet you are risking your life.

Sometimes I feel as if I must lecture and today is one of those times... Your band is meant to be a tool to remind you that you are full... It is NOT meant to keep you from eating... Many of you are looking for the sweet spot... You are going to end up loosing your band... Help yourself... Use a journal and exercise to help you with weightloss. I have had too many of my friends need new bands because they wanted a quick fix and not a long term solution... Use it a a tool and you will feel better and your band will last longer.... Sorry just my two cents from being banded for so long.

I went in and had a half cc removed this morning. When I was weighed, I had lost a month's worth of weight in one week. I still don't know if I will be able to eat brocolli or lentils tonight because I only brought yogurt with me to work, but I will find out tonight.

You should probaby have only full liquids for a day and then mushies for a day to give your stomach a chance to adjust.

It worked. I was able to eat lentils and brocolli for my dinner.< /p>

I really hope you are not serious! Go get some taken out now! is 40 lbs worth suffering for? Sure you'll be thin, but in essence you'll still be fat because by not eating most of what you'll be losing is muscle mass, so you'll be what's called "skinny fat". Skinny, but your Body Fat percentage is still quite high.

Seriously...

People are so judgmental and by reading some of the caustic remarks from my post it's very disappointing that I cannot make a comment without feeling attacked. . My band was fine for over a year and all of a sudden became too tight. To answer your question there is nothing wrong with me and I am not an idiot like you suggest. In fact all of my Fluid has been removed. For a split moment it felt good to lose weight quickly it has been a long process for me. I would have loved to have made my goal weight with no problems however that was not an option for me. Mr Dr had to remove all the fluid I had to get an upper GI and now back to square 1 with slowly adding fluid back. So "Seriously" keep your holier than thou tone to yourself. Those of you that gave me kind advice I thank you I wish there wasn't haters here too we are all in the same boat, we all need help and we all need to support each other without passing judgement.

My apologies for my outburst. I was just concerned for your health. To vomit constantly in order to lose weight sounded so wrong to me. And it is wrong, and you had it taken care of. I'm glad you're doing better.

Go back to the doctor!!!! The idea of losing weight is great but it's not healthy! I have been banded for 3 years... I spent a year and a half with a band that was too tight or irritated...yes I lost a bit but then the need for food became to great! I started eating "slider foods" which defeated any and all purpose! It's best to do it the right way! When I got back to the doctor, Fluid was removed for a month or so... Some put back in but now I'm too tight again! Will be seeing on the 4th to get an unfill! Please do not follow this path! It is dangerous!!! The mindset of "grin and bare it" or "more is better" is not good! I'm lucky I didn't cause any damage and also wish I had found this site much earlier! I'm a newbie on here but not to the band! What a helpful resource!!!! Please go see your doctor!!!