Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Pre Spring Challenge

Down a few, checking in at 239 lbs !!

Sigh - up 1 lb. 220. Gotta get my head back in the game!

Don't know why weight is going up. I must need to increase my exercise.

You know that your weight lose is working when you can measure how much you have lost from your waist size in feet.

BTW your before and after pictures show what a tranformation you have made. Not only are you thinner but you so much more cheerful and happy than before.

Yah, I didn't think of it that way! I guess that translates to 1 foot, 7inches! HAH, that's pretty cool! even better.

Thank you Larry, btw, that picture is from August, when I was down about 50 pounds! I guess I need to update those. lol I am much happier now than I was 80+ pounds ago, it really is an amazing adventure, isn't it?

Name, real or screen~ Mary Fran

Goal weight for March 30th~ 247

Weight on March 1st~ 250 (just saw this post today 3/8)

Age~ 47

Dietary goal for March~ fruit

Exercise goal for March~ walk at least 4 times a week

Personal goal for March~ don't be so concerned by what the scale reads the NSV count to

Date banded~ 12/13/11

Total weight loss since banding/pre op diet~ 50

What is your favorite outdoor excercise/activity~ walking

March 1: 162

March 8: 161

1 pound down, down 58 pounds in 24 weeks, not too bad. I feel great! Good luck everyone.

Checking in at 280! Woohoo. Down another pound!

March 1 - 237.4

March 8 - 236.8

Im coming in at 244 again, no weight loss but, I did lose 1 inch in waist and half inch in hips.

So glad I didnt gain....Be happy for this little things :) All should change though, I got a fill today!!!

Name, real or screen~ Mish1908

Goal weight for March 30th~235

Weight on March 1st~244

Age~36

Dietary goal for March~ Increasing Water intake and Vitamins

Exercise goal for March~ Crunches; working on my stomach getting tone

Personal goal for March~ Getting into a size 14

Date banded~1/9/12

Total weight loss since banding/pre op diet~26lbs

What is your favorite outdoor excercise/activity~Walking and Zumba

Sorry, I was running late Thursday morning but.....

Im down 2lbs!!! wooohoooo

Water aerobics here I come this morning...My mental chant this week... keep the scales going in the downward spiral :P :wub:

Oops....forgot about Thursday. I think I was 173 that day!

Name - Tracyc

Goal weight for March 30 - 168

Weight on March 1 - 172

Age - 39

Dietary Goal - Follow lap band eating rules

Exercise Goal - work through the 30 Day Shred (3 days down already)

Personal Goal - Learn how to say no to others and put my health first

Date Banded - 11/18/11

Total weight loss - 42 lbs (since meeting my doctor back in July of 2011)

Favorite outdoor exercise/activity - Camping but it is too early for that.

The results are have been posted for the first week of the challenge. http://www.larryp.com/challenge/march/spring.html

So let's have a few introductions so we know who we are supporting.

I'm Larry and I am from Indianapolis, IN. I will be 60 years old this July (I hate to think about this). I am married, I have 4 grown step children and 6 grandchildren, all boys and three cats who live with us, they think we live with them. I never was overweight when I was younger but years, the problem was that I had the attitude that moderation was for monks, so years of eating what I wanted and heavy drinking plus the fact that I am by nature a lazy person put on the weight. A couple of years ago I went to the mailbox after it had snowed and slipped and fell down. I couldn't get up and had to crawl through the snow to my car so I could pull myself up off the ground. I ended up getting my hands frostbit and at that point decided that drastic measures needed to be taken. Now 155 lbs lighter I feel better than I have in years.

In my personal life after loosing 100 lbs I decided I was going to learn to play an instrument, My wife has played guitar and sang since high school but I never had the motivation to actually sit down and learn how to play, even though we have one of almost every kind of instrument in the world in our house. Last summer I found a ukulele in the closet that I had purchased on E-Bay years ago and repaired. I put new strings on it and started practicing. My gosh what I had been missing all my life, I am now obsessed with playing this little instrument, it just makes me feel so good. There is a problem though, It is a ailment called Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome. At this point I own 11 of these things.

For anyone who in interested here is a recording we made at home, I am not playing on this, I have just reached the point where I feel comfortable playing in front of people so maybe next month I I will make a recording with me playing on it. This is my wife singing and playing baritone ukulele to an old Gus Khan-Richard Whiting tune called Ukulele Lady. The song was first published in 1925 and has been recorded by Arlo Guthrie, Bette Midler, and my favorite version by

How do I update my weight loss. I see mine for this week is blank? 219 now

How do I update my weight loss. I see mine for this week is blank? 219 now

if you post your weight here on the Thursdays I will put it on the chart and upload on over the weekend.