Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Pre Spring Challenge

Thanks for sharing Karry and your wife sounded awsome !

As for my story I have always been over weight, and I have a identical twin sister that has always been 50 to 100 lbs smaller then me....and I always wanted to wear the things she could wear. Now Im 53 ys old and still married to my high school sweetheart 35 yrs now. We have 2 bio sons and 4 adopted sons and 1 adopted daughter ( ages range 35 to 7 )and 6 grandchildren. Last year we went on a Make A Wish vacation for one of our sons and when I seen the pictures I was agasp...It was then that I decided I wanted to be around for my children and be able to do all the things I want to with them.So far its been wonderful..my family and my twin sister have been right here helping me every day.

Thanks for sharing Karry and your wife sounded awsome !

As for my story I have always been over weight, and I have a identical twin sister that has always been 50 to 100 lbs smaller then me....and I always wanted to wear the things she could wear. Now Im 53 ys old and still married to my high school sweetheart 35 yrs now. We have 2 bio sons and 4 adopted sons and 1 adopted daughter ( ages range 35 to 7 )and 6 grandchildren. Last year we went on a Make A Wish vacation for one of our sons and when I seen the pictures I was agasp...It was then that I decided I wanted to be around for my children and be able to do all the things I want to with them.So far its been wonderful..my family and my twin sister have been right here helping me every day.

Dawn checking in at 206. Up two pounds this week

This is my first time and sorry for joining late,but I still have time to reach this goal...Thanks! <P>Name, real or screen~ebonymc<BR>Goal weight for March 30th~198<BR>Weight on March 1st~206<BR>Age~58<BR>Dietary goal for March~more Water, protein,cut down on portion sizes<BR>Exercise goal for March~more walking, arobics<BR>Personal goal for March~to get out of the 200's<BR>Date banded~8-4-09<BR>Total weight loss since banding/pre op diet~51<BR>What is your favorite outdoor excercise/activity~ walking</P>

Hello! So you want to hear my story?

Here goes:

I am 38, I have an 8 year old daughter, a domestic partner, and I live with two adults who have mental retardation. I have, at last count, 9 pets. We have 4 dogs, 2 cats, a lizard, a guinea pig, and 1 lone fish.

I have been overweight my entire life. I was born 3 weeks early, and weighed 9 pounds 8 oz. I have been on various weight loss programs as long as I can remember. As a child, my mom took me to a childrens hospital for a weight loss program! I always thought I was fat, however now, I realize that at 155 when I graduated high school, I was not fat. I ballooned up to 250 pounds during college, then lost 65 pounds doing Jenny Craig after I met my partner. I felt amazing, I was in great shape. Then, we got compacent, and I gained up to 270 pounds. I got pregnant, had a miscarriage, and gained up to 310 pounds. 3 years later, I got pregnant again, and had an uneventful pregnancy and have a beautiful daughter because of it. So, I have been on weight watchers, some stupid liquid diet, just watching what I eat, Jenny Craig again (I'm a lifetime member afterall)... etc etc etc.

During the time after my miscarriage, I looked into RNY, and was denied by my health insurance saying I needed 6 months of doctor monitored weight loss. I stopped, dead in my tracks. I was completely deflated, and gave up. (THANK GOD!) That brings us to my feeling completely beaten, and feeling completely helpless. I met a friend who I watched lose 174 pounds over 2 years with her band, and decided I needed to look into it. I was told I wouldn't lose what I wanted to lose with the band, and should consider RNY. I knew I didn't want this, but left that appointment reeling with emotions. I went thru all my testing, which showed absolutley no co-morbidities, so I decided the band was for me. Boy am I glad I did!

so that' a snapshot of me. Hope you enjoyed the read!

Jenn

Larry, please add me to the chart. Thanks!

Checking in at 285 down two pounds this week!

I weighed this morning and I have made my high end of my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D

260.0 this morning I even weighed myself twice to be sure it was correct :P

Now all I need to do is keep my mind from being stupid and keep the weight going down......

Down 1.5 pounds. 182.5. :)

Yay !! After a month long plateau in February I am losing again.

Terri V.

Larry, please add me to the chart. Thanks!

You are already on there under Terry which is the name you gave in the questions at the start of the challenge.

Down 1 pound to 234, not to great seeing that the month is half over, but still better than a gain I guess.

190 today...not bad but not good

Checking in at 202. Down 1 pound.

172, still. Going on six weeks with no change. So unhappy.

down to 227. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...