Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introductions? Yes Please

scorpiolady
Sign in to follow this  

Welcome to both you girls, Jennie and Kerry~ You're having the same feelings that all of us have had. The key to success from what I see on this forum is following what your doctors say, stay positive and keep telling yourself that you can do this.

I'm newly banded, just last Thursday sp not at expert by any means but I am a professional dieter and gainer!! lol I decided to finally get off the yo-yo lifestyle and get it off (again) but to keep it off this time. The band is just another tool for us, it's up to us how we use it for our best results. No need to worry about the surgery you'll do fine. Good luck to you both on this exciting journey we're all on! Deb

During this time, I also had two kids (now 16 and 12)....My son was diagnosed with very high functioning autism...

Hi Jennie,

My kids are 16 and 13 and my son is "mom diagnosed" with PDD-NOS. I am a special ed aide and everyone that knows my son and is familiar with autism says he is on the spectrum although he has never had a formal diagnosis.

Because of my sons sensory issues he had to be sedated for earwax removal today. The nice thing about it for me is it was at the same place I will be having my Lap-Band so it was a chance for me to see the area and get a little familiar with it.

Hello Springers!

I am scheduled to be banded on April 10th. Very nervous, but very excited.

I was a size 12 in high school, which I thought was fat at that time in my life, but between my freshmen and sophomore year I ballooned to a 16. I still have no real idea why I gained so much, so quickly and why at that particular time.

I have steadily gained weight (occasionally losing, but not for long) since high school, but the big jump came when I had back to back children over 30. That combined with being newly married to a man who likes food just as much as I and working an office job, set the stage for disaster.

I started my two week, two shake/one meal a day diet on Tuesday and within that 1st day, I realized what a struggle I had with food. Today I HAD to eat a few ounces of chicken breast at lunch. I just couldn't go without something solid. The first two days I couldn't think or hardly stay awake! I felt horrible. Today is better.

I am so glad to find other peeps with the same surgery date (give or take) as me! I hope I can be as much support to everyone as these posts are to me.

Welcome :)

I'm Lisa from Romeoville, IL which is about 40 miles southwest of Chicago. I'm 38 years old My daughters are 10 and 5 years old. I was married to my husband for 12 years, we got divorced last year but we are getting remarried to each other this June in Las Vegas (long story). My surgery is set for Apr 17th. I sign my consent form tomorrow and start my pre-op diet Apr 3. I'm 235 hoping to ultimately get to my college freshman weight of 150, I will be ecstatic to get to my pre-married weight of 185. Looking forward to surgery and glad to have this support forum.

Congrats Lisa and welcome! Good luck on your journey!

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

So Very Glad you joined us, Welcome :) :)

Hello all I'm a Tracey a 36 year old happy that my surgery is finally here. I will be getting my surgery on April 20th after waiting so long. I was having it done in January but God had other plans 4 me. I found out that I had kidney cancer so that held me back a few months. Now I'm more then ready to have this done. I been waiting so long and it's here. I want to wish everyone the best of luck n look forward to reading from all of you.

Tracey Sher

post-324864-1381313995347_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the group Tracey.

I hope you find it as much fun as I do!

Keep posting!

Deleted. Real intro below :)

Hi there!

My name is Stephanie and I was banded on March 20th. So far I have felt great. I had very little discomfort post-op and am almost two weeks out. I am so excited for this journey and to have the chance to be the person I have always wanted to be! I don't have unrealistic expectations, but I am tired of being the fat girl. I will be so happy to get back to the normal side of the clothing stores and be able to wear clothing that is not outdated or extremely overpriced, but still looks good.

I am thankful that I could have this surgery at 23 and not struggle with my weight for years to come.

Here's to us! :D

Hello all! This is my first post on this site and I am so looking forward to meeting everyone! I am just learning the ropes here, but I have a blog that I have been working on for a little bit...

http://bigbottombanded.blogspot.com/

I was just offically cleared for surgery today (wooohoo) and they are being set about 2 weeks out, so I should have it by the end of the month. I am excited and VERY nervous at the same time! This has been a long time coming, and it's time for me to focus a little on me!

Welcome Megan, we all have the same feers and excitment its a big step in our lives. Lots of good people and usefull information here.

Welcome Kerry, Jennie, sumcrazyredhead, Lisa, Tracey, Stephanie, and Megan! Hope I didn't miss anyone. :) Thanks for posting---I enjoyed reading about your experiences and look forward to helping you in any way that I can.

Stephanie, I appreciate all of the helpful information you have posted elsewhere on LBT. I have learned so much from you!