Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introductions? Yes Please

scorpiolady
Sign in to follow this  

90 MEMBERS and growing! Welcome everyone!

I'm excited your here to share your experiences, emotions, and information. In my humble opinion, that's how a support group works best... sharing. So PLEASE don't be shy, post post post! Either shout from the roof tops or whisper from the sidelines, but let us know your here. REALLY, it helps all of us to hear from you.

Hi Everyone!! I am Laurel, and I am scheduled for surgery on April 10! I am a stay at home mom during the year to my 2 kids aged 5 and almost 9, and during the summer I am a camp director. I am nervous about lots of things- recovery, whether I will be healed enough to swim 550's with my staff in june, whether I will get dehydrated over the summer, whether i will still love cooking and being part of my gourmet group. I am SO EXCITED to have less knee pain, more energy, cute clothes....looking forward to hearing all of your stories on this journey :)

Welcome!

Welcome to the group Laurel.

Happy Posting and Happy Easter too.

j~

Welcome Everyone! Happy Easter and Passover too!

Hi,

I'm Cyndi a 48 year old mom of two (6 and 8) in IL. I worked so hard all my life to keep weight off and did yo yoing but got really serious in my 30's and lost allot (60lb) and worked hard to keep it in check (with tons of exercise). I got married at 39 and knew I wanted kids so it was now or never. I knew weight was going to be a challenge with pregnancy which was no surprise that it was! 60lb's with first and only 25 with second but had only lost about 30 pounds with the first. I had made a pact to myself that if I couldn't get it under control within five years I would take more drastic measures as not only unhappy with myself but as I get older I'm very concerned of my health and it's affecting things I can do with my young children.

So here I am. Fought hard with insurance and lost as I have tried hard for 6 years to loose weight usually on phentremine which I guess unfortunately now kept me within 10 pounds or less of a BMI of 40 (I'm 40 last year and this year now a 42).. just enough for insurance to say I wasn't morbidly obese. Anyhow, it's important enough for me to go forward self pay. My biggest concern is the unknown of any complications not being covered but my Dr. offers some extended coverage for a cost which I will get.

Surgery is 4/20 and trying hard to be a model patient. It will be hard but i really want to make this work. I hope the help of the lap band will really get me going once and for all.

Looking forward to the forum and enjoying all I have learned already. I think a great way for support the folks that are on the same journey. Thanks.

p.s. First day of liquid diet not exactly easy on Easter Sunday but I will survive.

Hi' date='

I'm Cyndi a 48 year old mom of two (6 and 8) in IL. I worked so hard all my life to keep weight off and did yo yoing but got really serious in my 30's and lost allot (60lb) and worked hard to keep it in check (with tons of exercise). I got married at 39 and knew I wanted kids so it was now or never. I knew weight was going to be a challenge with pregnancy which was no surprise that it was! 60lb's with first and only 25 with second but had only lost about 30 pounds with the first. I had made a pact to myself that if I couldn't get it under control within five years I would take more drastic measures as not only unhappy with myself but as I get older I'm very concerned of my health and it's affecting things I can do with my young children.

So here I am. Fought hard with insurance and lost as I have tried hard for 6 years to loose weight usually on phentremine which I guess unfortunately now kept me within 10 pounds or less of a BMI of 40 (I'm 40 last year and this year now a 42).. just enough for insurance to say I wasn't morbidly obese. Anyhow, it's important enough for me to go forward self pay. My biggest concern is the unknown of any complications not being covered but my Dr. offers some extended coverage for a cost which I will get.

Surgery is 4/20 and trying hard to be a model patient. It will be hard but i really want to make this work. I hope the help of the lap band will really get me going once and for all.

Looking forward to the forum and enjoying all I have learned already. I think a great way for support the folks that are on the same journey. Thanks.

p.s. First day of liquid diet not exactly easy on Easter Sunday but I will survive.[/quote']

Hi Cyndi we're here for you. I'm getting banded on 4/17 on day 6 of my pre-op. Easter is not that exciting this year. I'm in IL too where in IL are you? I'm in romeoville about 40 miles southwest of Chicago.

Hi Cyndi we're here for you. I'm getting banded on 4/17 on day 6 of my pre-op. Easter is not that exciting this year. I'm in IL too where in IL are you? I'm in romeoville about 40 miles southwest of Chicago.

Hi Lisa,

I live in Barrington. I'm using the Suburban Surgical Care (Kane Grp) office and will have surgery at St. Alexius.

Hoping this liquid diet gets better as I'm pretty hungry still:)

Good luck just 3 days before me so would love to hear how you are doing.

Cyndi

Hi Lisa,

I live in Barrington. I'm using the Suburban Surgical Care (Kane Grp) office and will have surgery at St. Alexius.

Cyndi

Hi Lisa,

Cyndi

Hi Lisa,

Cyndi

Hi Lisa,

Cyndi

Hi Lisa' date='

Cyndi[/quote']

Cyndi are you on my fitness pal? Is so my name on there is erilis, add me and we can keep track over there.

Cyndi, You are getting banded on the 23rd? So am I! At St. Alexius, too! Do you use Dr. Rantis?

Hi Megan,

I have Dr. Rantis too! I like him allot and think he's extremely competent. My surgery is actually 4/20. I read your blog and I'm with you this liquid diet is not going to be fun but one day at a time and hopefully the days go fast.

Cyndi