Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introductions? Yes Please

scorpiolady
Sign in to follow this  

Hello...I am Sharon and I live in Katy, TX (which is a suburb of Houston-so to speak). I am looking forward to my banding on April 26...I have been struggling through the pre-op diet since Thursday and found that the weekend was the hardest for me--maybe because I was at home not really doing much.

I am getting my band through True Results and my surgeon is Dr. Christopher Riley. He did my EGD and I really liked him. I am looking forward to this new journey and hope that there aren't the roadblocks that always seemed to derail me before.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone...especially when it gets closer.

Hello...I am Sharon and I live in Katy, TX (which is a suburb of Houston-so to speak). I am looking forward to my banding on April 26...I have been struggling through the pre-op diet since Thursday and found that the weekend was the hardest for me--maybe because I was at home not really doing much.

I am getting my band through True Results and my surgeon is Dr. Christopher Riley. He did my EGD and I really liked him. I am looking forward to this new journey and hope that there aren't the roadblocks that always seemed to derail me before.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone...especially when it gets closer.

Sharon, I started my preop on Thursday also and yes the weekend was so hard. I stayed pretty busy but I made some minor slips. Still it was gratifying to weigh this morning and be down 6#. My surgery is on April 26th also. We can do this!

Susan

Welcome to everyone who is new here! I think you'll find this is a terrific group of people who struggle with many of the same issues and want to help in any way they can. I have gained a wealth of knowledge from LBT and feel prepared for my surgery because of all of the individuals who have helped me here.

Welcome to all of you! There is a wealth of information and knowledge on here for you to soak up! My surgery was March 22 and I'm nearly to the end of my 6 weeks of liquids! Yay! 3 days to go until I can have mushies!! WooHoo!! I had two weeks prior to surgery and 4 week post op. Yes I'm very tired of liquids but hasn't been that bad and I'm down a total of 35 lbs...so that's a great trade off! Just try to stay busy and focus on why you did this in the first place....as I've said many times on here...keep your eye on the prize! Good luck ladies, hope all goes well for you and you have a wonderful journey! Deb

Hello Everyone! Scorpiolady I am a zonie too! Born and raised :)

After reading all the stories I think we all have shared a similar journey.

I am a 44year old Mom of 3 boys: 24,16 and 14. I was the baby of my family and born to parents in their 40's who spoiled me rotten. food was a reward for being a good girl and my childhood was candy and soda. Not to mention that my Grandmother lived with us and cooked and baked a lot. I have very early memories of her frying apple tarts. She didn't make ANYTHING that wasn't fried! Just prior to high school I went on my first diet and did well. I was 115lbs all through high school. However after my first baby at 19 I started to struggle with my weight and so I went on yet another diet. This became my routine for the past 24 years. I have done them all.... Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Nutrasystem, Well 4 life, HCG, Slimfast, Atkins, sensa. I too drop the weight for a time and then slip back into the old patterns and put the weight back on. I am scared of failure but, I am determined. Being almost 45 I am starting to have health issues and it scares me. I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and PCOS which the doctors believe is related to my weight. So before I am a diabetic or have to have heart surgery I am going to get healthy and being slim is a part of that.

My BMI is 33 and I am 57lbs overweight. However, my lovely insurance company doesn't cover bariatrics in my plan so I am a private pay. I feel blessed to be able to afford it. I also know this is an investment in my health. My ex husband just passed away in December (cancer) and that can happen to any of us but I need to be around for my sons. God forbid something like that happens to me but knowing I can control some of my health issues has brought me to lap band. I can't sit by and let the health issues pile up till its too late.

Lastly I am a newlywed. I feel so blessed to have met and married the love of my life. He is my rock and biggest supporter. We talk about how we wish we would have met 20 years ago. I really wish he could have known me when I was 128 not 185! I want to like what I see when I look in the mirror. Its time for the outside package to match what's inside!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you on this journey!

T :)

oh I forgot.... My surgery is May 18th so EXCITED!!!!!

Welcome to the group T! Stick around and get as much support as you need. Nice to have someone local in the group too.

Where are you having your surgery?

I've been MIA for the past few days but I'm back. Just a busy weekend with non stop running.

So welcome welcome welcome to all!

Well hello my band buddies!

I'm Mendy, a 38 years old, mother of a 17 month old! Yes I said 17 month old. Most of my friends kids are graduating and mine is in a highchair;)

My life is changing on May10th. This has been one of the biggest decision I've made in my life and to be honest I'm nervous, scared, excited and can not wait to walk up stairs and not be out of breath.

Thank you for allowing me into your group and I'm sure I'll be asking questions...

Welcome Mendy! I'm sure you'll find lots if help and advice here, I certainly have.

HI Mendy!! Welcome to our group. I think you will do fanstastic :) I am having mine May 2. I am so ready for this move.

Welcome to the group Mendy! Please keep sharing and there isn't a silly question in this group.

Looking forward to getting to know you better,

julie~

Hi! Im Shimi. My surgery was on April 30th and I did it in NYU with Dr. Christine Ren...Im living in a dorm so it makes it hard to get the right foods for the mushy diet...does anybody have any suggestions?

Hi! Im Shimi. My surgery was on April 30th and I did it in NYU with Dr. Christine Ren...Im living in a dorm so it makes it hard to get the right foods for the mushy diet...does anybody have any suggestions?

That would be tough living in a dorm!

If you have a fridge keep cottage cheese on hand. I am also allowed soft low fat cheese. I keep some farmers cheese and reduced fat string cheese on hand at home and in the fridge at work. Living in Wisconsin I have many cheeses to choose from. I am also allowed low fat or vegetarian refried Beans. If you have a microwave they would be easy to have. It is recommended to add a little broth if they are too dry. These are all excellent sources of Protein for you.

Instant mashed potato's might be easier for you also, although not high in Protein.< /p>

good idea gottbe. I would also consider getting a bullet for your Protein Shakes and smoothies.

Welcome to the group!