Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introductions? Yes Please

scorpiolady
Sign in to follow this  

Hi gig. I think one of the things I have to put under my nervous column is that I am also having my procedure done at the hospital where I work also. It's a pretty large facility, so most of the people who will be caring for me don't know me since I work in cardiology. Plus, I tend to be a private person and haven't told but 3 people at work yet. I have no plans of hiding that I am having lap band surgery, but I am also not shouting it through the hallways. You probably know how us medical people can be. Once I return to work and say I was out for 3 weeks due to having surgery, there will be questions galore.

hI pa... Guess i am lucky in that a couple of ppl in my dept has already done the lapband and been very successfull at it. So i have chosen to tell just bout everyone. Plus i am such an open person i dont keep secrets well especially ones i am so excited bout.. Everyone i work with knows details bout my Vacation in April and the lapband... lol i am sure they are tired of hearing me. I am not having my surgery where i work though. I am actually traveling 2 1/2 hours away but thats cause my hospital dont perform it and the closest is and hour and half away so choose to drive the extra hour to use a guy i knew had a good success rate.

That's great brokenwings. There was actually a conversation in our lunch area on Friday about bariatric surgery. If it wasn't such a crazy work day and I didn't have to quickly get back to work soon after the conversation started, I probably would have joined in. It seems like people in my department are alway on one diet or another and one girl, currently doing the hcg injections (with a 500 kcal diet), was say that she would NEVER do weight loss surgery. I was burning to to join in and give my views, but like I said I had to get back to my patient. It probably would have been the best time for me to put it all out there. I feel like I have to inform people that no matter which surgery I choose, WLS is not the easy way out and takes a lot of work in conjunction with "the tool" of WLS.

Hi glg wow so many rn's in the group. I M like you all excited and can't wait

Hi glg wow so many rn's in the group. I M like you all excited and can't wait

Hello Everyone! I am scheduled for Lapband surgery on March 20th. I have a pre-op meeting with the doctor tomorrow. I keep waiting for something to pop out and say it isn't going to happen...I have waited a long time for this and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Sorry I have been remise in welcoming everyone... So WELCOME! I am glad so many of us are RN's. We will be able to share tips and stories about life with the band and a crazy work schedule. I know I am worried about when I work 3 in a row.. I am usually not the best at eating and when I do it is poor food choices and shoving it down so I can get back on the floor. Oh how things are going to have to change. I'm glad to see our group growing!

Hi Dhales.... welcome to our group. Pull up a chair and join the converstions. Think you will find it helpful supportive and also at times Silly (everyone needs a little silly in their life and to laugh at themself)

Sue.. !! hey you. I am also thinking omg how am i going to chew chew chew when i have to run back onto the floor... lol going to be interesting but dang it i am going to do it someway or other. I am going to be bout me.

I was teasing them the other day told them i am going to do this loose down to a 165 lbs grow my hair down my back and show up to work in stilitos .. thing is one of the girls busted out laughing i was hey why you laughing she was omg deb i can see you doing that... lol

Hi Dhales.... welcome to our group. Pull up a chair and join the converstions. Think you will find it helpful supportive and also at times Silly (everyone needs a little silly in their life and to laugh at themself)

Sue.. !! hey you. I am also thinking omg how am i going to chew chew chew when i have to run back onto the floor... lol going to be interesting but dang it i am going to do it someway or other. I am going to be bout me.

I was teasing them the other day told them i am going to do this loose down to a 165 lbs grow my hair down my back and show up to work in stilitos .. thing is one of the girls busted out laughing i was hey why you laughing she was omg deb i can see you doing that... lol

If you get down to that weight you deserve to walk in hot..... Oh the thought of running around is stilettos for 13 hours :shudder:

WELCOME EVERYONE! Our group is exploding with people from all over the country!

Love it!

I am the nurse that circulates the lap band surgeries so I definitely know what is going to take place as far as the procedure goes!! So there is no keeping it secret for me but that's fine with me. I am hoiping it will make me more accountable! I am so glad I stumbled along this website.

Hi gig. I think one of the things I have to put under my nervous column is that I am also having my procedure done at the hospital where I work also. It's a pretty large facility, so most of the people who will be caring for me don't know me since I work in cardiology. Plus, I tend to be a private person and haven't told but 3 people at work yet. I have no plans of hiding that I am having lap band surgery, but I am also not shouting it through the hallways. You probably know how us medical people can be. Once I return to work and say I was out for 3 weeks due to having surgery, there will be questions galore.

Welcome glg41! It's great to see our group is growing rapidly! I feel very fortunate to be among all you nurses. Good luck tomorrow with starting your liquid diet. I have been dieting since January 4, the day after I met with my surgeon. My required doctor appointments passed by quickly, but now that I am actually scheduled for surgery, it seems like the days are creeping by.

I keep waiting for something to pop out and say it isn't going to happen...I have waited a long time for this and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi dhales,

Welcome to the group. I am normally an optimist but feel the same way that you do about something coming up and keeping my surgery from happening. My pre-op appointment is Wednesday, and I am not going to inform my bosses until I am cleared for surgery.