Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introductions? Yes Please

scorpiolady
Sign in to follow this  

Hi Hasana

I am sorry didnt see your post earler... welcome to the group we are sure happy you chose to join us and YES we will each be able to help in our journeys!

I am 36 years old.5 kids and and divorced for three years now.I have been overweightbsince the age of 5. A size 22,at 12.I don't want to be a size 2. I want to be healthy for my children.for me. And I am self paying. This is alot to me. And I am ready! And can't wait till the19th when its my turn to finally be a bander!

Yay Marlene i see you found us!!! Welcome. Wow 5 kids... I had 4, 3 of them less then 3years apart but all grown now my baby is 18 but acts 12... lol She has never had to grow up and thats ok with me..... Welcome to this fantastic group of ppl... :)

Anyway I just thought I'd introduce myself and I hope this group will be helpful and fun!

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the group. I think you'll find this is a great group! I am looking to when members of our group start having their procedures completed.

Anyone else have to do the supervised diet/nutrition?

Hi Kelly,

Welcome to our group. I hope you find it as helpful as I do.

My request for WLS was denied in 2009. My insurance required a two-year medically supervised diet. My weight yo-yoed up and down the entire time, but I tried my best. I was concerned that I would not be approved since I wasn't very successful over the two-year time period. However, my information was submitted on February 15 and by February 17, I was approved! I am having surgery on April 10 and can hardly wait. :)

Hello Kelly Gosh cant believe i missed you ... Went to read and there you was. Welcome to the group.. lol and trust me you cant go on and on more then me. I am sorta i think the loud mouth of the group... lol but hey thas my way. I tend to be a bit of a personality comes with being and ER nurse i think. As for the supervised diet. I had to do 6 mos of phone calls with a Nurse *yea funny a nurse telling a nurse what to do and not do) Las tthing she said to me is wow your really a nurse cause i have scedualed my days off even though i dont have a surgery date yet. I also had to talk to a dietican and well i like ONE more phone call from her and it was suppose to be friday the 9th but she got ill and canceled on me so now wont be till the 16th (whine whine whine) once that is done like you i have everything done and they are suppose to have it all turned in to the insurance by the 22 and i am so hoping by april 1 i am approved and can secedaul my day!!!

Went to dinner with my daughter in law * who i love like mine* and she wanted to know if i was scared of the surgery. Thing is i am NOT i am excited and i am scared i wont use it right and not lose like i want to. More scared i will fail then the labpand. .. Oh yea i am on my soap box ( picks up my soap box and puts it back in the closet) LOL

I, like many of you, have gone from overweight to obese to morbidly obese during the course of my entire adult life. It also extends back into my childhood.

I have been on so many diets over these years and always loosing just to gain even more back due to my inability to maintain the lifestyle. I also seem to have a voracious appetite and often eat in excess. I'm am looking forward to this lap band being the tool to help limit my portions and physically assist with hunger control.

Hi Hasana,

Welcome to the group! I can relate very well to your weight loss struggles and to your voracious appetite and excessive eating. I think you'll find this is a helpful, supportive group.

I am 36 years old.5 kids and and divorced for three years now.I have been overweightbsince the age of 5. A size 22,at 12.I don't want to be a size 2. I want to be healthy for my children.for me. And I am self paying. This is alot to me. And I am ready! And can't wait till the19th when its my turn to finally be a bander!

Welcome to this group, Marlene. The 19th will be here soon! Are you required to diet before surgery? I go for an office visit this coming Wednesday and my paperwork indicates I will need to do a 1400 calorie diet at least two weeks prior to my surgery. I am eager to get started.

Hey ElizabethAnna... lol we both tend to be posting crazy tonight ... You then me then you then me... So since we was both posting every few mins figure would say a big HELLO to you "_

He's Elizabeth a.I am starting a pre op diet.6 oz of Protein. One starch 1/4cup, one piece of small fruit and 1/4cup vegetables a day. To make sure my liver isn't too fat at surgery.I. have seen some other preop diets alot worse.

He's Elizabeth a.I am starting a pre op diet.6 oz of Protein. One starch 1/4cup, one piece of small fruit and 1/4cup vegetables a day. To make sure my liver isn't too fat at surgery.I. have seen some other preop diets alot worse.

Hey ElizabethAnna... lol we both tend to be posting crazy tonight ... You then me then you then me... So since we was both posting every few mins figure would say a big HELLO to you "_

Hi Deb,

Yes, I'm a night owl and you must be, too. I have become obsessed with this forum. I was gone all day and didn't get home until late but decided I still wanted to check LBT for a few minutes before going to bed. Hours later, I am still here. But I am headed to bed right now...LOL

I work till 11 pm so when i get home i have to unwind usually so even days i am off work i still tend to stay up till 2 or so .. the dark circles under my eyes tell i never sleep enough. Last night i had a hard time for sure getting to bed like you i kept checking on here.. Hope you all have a fantastic sunday.

Welcome to the Group Amy

I took it by your name that you have tattoos.. Least i thought the pretty in ink meant that. I have one as well and i very likly will get one more but not till the weight is off. This is a great group to be part of. :)

Yes I sure do have tattoos. I have about 25 of them! It helps that my father-in-law is a tattoo artist. I'm waiting to get some weight off before I start putting more on certain parts of my body in hopes that there won't be so much of me to tattoo!

Hello! I am due to have my surgery on March 27! I am so excited but also nervous which is normal I'm sure. I am starting the 2 week liquid diet on Tuesday March 13. I am a RN and I work in surgery. I will be having the procedure at the facility where I work. I have been overweight my entire life and I can't wait to begin this life change!!