Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my last fill on February 7th. I'm due to go back to the doctors March 6th. I have lost 10 pounds since my doctors appointment. At that appointment, my doc said he was alright NOT giving me a fill being that I have lost pretty consistently. I asked for one anyway because I felt that besides some restriction immediately after the fill, it was mostly me doing the work. It's basically the same deal this time around. I felt really good restriction for the first two weeks. Actually, probably too much restriction because I was throwing up almost every other day. However, I think that was probably because my stomach was swollen and I kept eating normal things. Once I switched to soft foods and liquids, I was fine. Well, fine meaning I no longer feel that restriction. I believe this is normal. However, now my problem is that my doctors probably going to not want to fill me again. What do you guys do if you no longer feel restriction, and the doctor doesn't want to give you a fill because of the amount of weight you have lost? I don't feel that hungry between meals though...but I have found myself snacking on Cookies and chips at parties (I don't keep that kind of stuff at home). Also, even though I'm not feeling the restriction, is it possible that the band IS doing something? I'm just not sure what to do. I'm afraid to not get a fill and start gaining weight. I think those two weeks of restriction are better than none at all. Your advice is appreciated! Oh, btw, I believe I have 5 CC's in a 14CC band. This will be my third fill coming up in March. Thanks!

When I go for a fill I usually have to fill out a questionnaire that helps determine if I need a fill and how much of a fill for example: can you eat bread or Pasta? chicken? meat? Are you feeling full between meals? Also, it helps discussing with your surgeon if you feel like you're in the green zone or not. Let them know what you're eating including the Cookies and chips, if they give you a fill your stomach is going to be swollen, usually it's liquids for the rest of the day and the day after then soft foods for two days and then solids. Your doctor may have different instructions. But if you're honest and put it all out there, they may give you a fill.

I'm going in for a third fill today and I already have the answers in my head "yes I can eat pasta/bread/rice yes I'm hungry, give me my darn fill!"

Good luck :)

Yeah I fill out that survey too. What I mean is that I do not feel the band stopping me. In fact, I know I could eat more if I want, I just stop myself. No, I'm not hungry between meals, and no I don't eat Pasta and bread, but that's my choice, not the bands. I'm just having a hard time telling the difference between my own personal restriction and the restriction the band provides (if any). I guess my worry is that because I make different choices now anyway, and I watch my portion size, I won't know if I'm in the green zone. I always wait 2 weeks after a fill before I try making that decision. It's just still hard for me to tell. If I base it on weight loss and hunger alone, then I would say that I am. If I base it off the amount of restriction I'm feeling, then I'm not. It's a bit confusing. lol. Thanks for responding!

I was banded in October, and got one fill that did not do much, then I got a second that gave me good restriction for a month, so I expected another fill, in December, but I had lost consistantly, so I did not get one, then January, and I still had lost so I did not get one, then this month, I had only lost 2 pounds, so I finally got my third and I feel really restricted right now. I hope it hangs in there this time. But if not I will get another one, My doc makes all the decisions about if I do or if I dont.

Also, if it ends up being too tight, the doctor will take you in right away for an unfill. Good luck :)