Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my lapband in July, 2011 and my highest weight loss was 31 lbs. I now struggle to keep the weight off or lose more. I have been gaining and losing 10 lbs since October, 2011. I definitely eat much less than I did prior to surgery, but I enjoy eating and know that I don't get enough Protein. I bought some products at my last visit in January, but don't stay on track for any length of time. My husband had lapband also and he is plateaued as well. I need some tips to get myself motivated - my fear of failure is coming true. I truly don't want to be overweight, but I need some help to get moving in the right direction. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tell me what you do now each day. do you exercise. do you eat Protein 1st? do you still drink lots of Water?

I am glad you posted, let's get this on program back to what I know you want it to be!!

I was also banded in July 2011 & I've lost 40 lbs. My last fill was Tuesday the 21st & I've finally reached my green zone. I feel like after 7 months of being banded I finally know what it really feels like to be banded! I'm excited to see some more weight fall off! When's the last time you had a fill?

i keep on track by following my own advice that i would give someone else asking me the same question :)

Do's

Make losing this weight the priority in your life.

Make the scales your friend not your enemy.

Be determined that you will not get sidetracked from getting to your goal.

Try to get as much Protein from fresh food as you can, fish, chicken and turkey are good, some vegetables are too like frozen peas, then milk products like 0 fat yoghurt, 0 fat cottage cheese and skimmed milk.

Become your own expert.

Learn from mistakes, like what food sticks and what food you can eat.

Do as much exercise as you can, find what works for you then stick to it, every day without fail, push yourself a little further each week.

Burn more calories than you eat.

Follow your nutritionist’s/dietician’s and surgeon's advice.

Use your own common sense, everything in moderation works well.

Make a sharp knife and a teaspoon your essential items.

Eat what your body needs not what your mind tells you

Dont's.

Eat as little processed food as possible.

Dont eat anything that is white ( bread, Pasta, rice etc) too high carbs and calories.

Dont test the band to see the limits of what you can and cant eat.

Dont buy food that will tempt you, if its not in the home u cant eat it .

Dont try to cheat, the only person who will pay for it is you.

Dont let yourself down.

Dont eat junk food as a treat, find another treat !

Dont get stressed or impatient, things may take longer than u want.

Dont make life difficult for yourself, have food in the freezer that you can eat, plan meals ahead of time.

Dont eat with your mind or eyes, eat what your body needs.

Good luck :)

Stick to the Protein and interval training!!!

Treadmill on 1.0 imcline and start one minute at acomfortable walk then...For the next minute go up at least 2 speeds higher... Them alternate for 20 mins.... Watch the weight fall off... It is all about getting ur heart rate up and down... Trick ur body constantly... Remember... The mind is Mighter then the stored fat!!

wow, thanks everyone! i do not eat Protein first, so i will definitely will try that. i've only had one fill and that was at my first post-surgical visit about 4 weeks later. i also do not exercise, but i do have a treadmill and hand weights to help with my arms. i will avoid trigger foods that are bad for me and hubby and for the first time in a long while, i think i can do this...it's nice to know that other people have travelled this road and that i'm not alone...feeling better! smile.png

Why have you only had one fill?

well, i've only had 3 visits with my surgeon and after the first visit, i was asked about my eating habits and i suppose that because i told him that i was eating a lot less than previous to surgery, i wasn't offered a fill. i will more than likely ask for a fill at my next visit in april.