Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Was Banded 1 Year Ago? How Are You Doing Today?

Thanks to each of you who gave me some ideas for getting back on the program and how to better fight my hunger. I bought Soups and lots of high Protein foods and am really sticking with the program like I should have in the beginning. Although I am behind in losing weight, I am excited again about stickicking with the guidelines so I can do as well as most of you. Congratulations on all of your hard work! Hopefully, next year I will also have a nice "After" picture to post too! Thanks again.

Thanks to each of you who gave me some ideas for getting back on the program and how to better fight my hunger. I bought Soups and lots of high Protein foods and am really sticking with the program like I should have in the beginning. Although I am behind in losing weight, I am excited again about stickicking with the guidelines so I can do as well as most of you. Congratulations on all of your hard work! Hopefully, next year I will also have a nice "After" picture to post too! Thanks again.

Good luck with it u now sound determined to sort this out and make it work :) just ask if u need anything ..

I was banded a little over a year ago, Jan. 2011. I hit my personal goal a few weeks after my one year bandiversary.

My band is Tight. I prefer it that way. It gives me constant feedback with every swallow. When I do eat, my portions are held to a very small amount, then I have to stop.

I am rarley hungry during the day. If I keep myself occupied, I forget about food altogether. I have gone well over 12 hours without eating, not on purpose but because I was doing other things.

When I'm home sitting in front of the TV, I do find myself grazing on different things like chips and salsa, etc.

I don't count calories, track my food intake etc. Since my food intake is limited all I need to do is make wise food choices and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what's good for you and what's not.

Grazing or snacking all day does nor bother me at all, when I do, because when I do it is not in addition to meals, it would be instead of meals.

You have to look at the big picture, how much have I eaten for the entire day?

I cannot eat ANYTHING first thing in the morning. So for the past year I have a high Protein smoothie for Breakfast, with added fruit and a additional Protein additive for 40 gms to start the day. This, plenty of Water, and the band takes away all food cravings for the full day. I have to force myself to have lunch, and then it is only Soup or someting.

Bad foods, such as McDonalds drive thru's or wendy's, just will not work. Even if I wanted to, I cannot eat those types of food without getting stuck. So there are plenty of foods, and old bad habits, that simply don't exist for me anymore.

Taste buds change also with the band....things I used to crave, like ice cream, are just not appeallng anymore. I can walk into a room full of food at a party, and most foods there turn me off.

It's a nice problem to have.

I'm at a point now, where I am starting to be concerned about loosing too much. I'm still loosing, although very slowly now, but thinking I should get a slight unfill.

See where it goes between now and my next Dr.'s visit in May.

B52 - sounds like you are on the right track and might need a slight unfill so that you can not lose more weight. Or try a high cal Protein Powder. Good luck & congrats as you have done well!

I have been 2 years now, and I'm not doing well, for one I have not lost when my Dr. took out of my band and I have not been able to lose again, still trying to lose, I was on a 1200 calorie I did lose 11 lbs bu gained it back and the Dr. will not give me any fill right now. So I'm strugging to lose the weight again, I was at 189 when I started and lost 40 lbs down to 135 lbs and gained back 25 lbs.

AQZZzazv

I had my band in Feb 4' date='2010,I lost relly good I weight 135 lbs, than had to go get some removed and I picked up 25 lbs because of the Fluid removed if I know that I would have gained weight I just would have delt with it and tried to eat slower, it's been three months and the Dr. will not fill my yet, I'm dying and depressed again.[/quote']

AQZZzazv

I find it hard to balance the change from weight loss to maintaining. I have finally found the balance. I find this time of the year hard with the change in seasons. Try and stay motivated and find things that make you feel good! Good luck!