Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im Starting To Freak Out Over My "bump" Image Included

Im wondering if its a flipped port.

The Realize Band port is a little bigger (I have on that isn't obvious). Lap-Band has a smaller one.

The Realize Band port is a little bigger (I have on that isn't obvious). Lap-Band has a smaller one.

Actually the Realize band is standard with the low profile port, and the Lapband can either use the normal size port or the low profile port. Realize is still smaller- 11.6 mm vs 11.9mm.

Call your dr. That port looks flipped.

I have a Realize port because it is smaller than the Lapband port. I always knew mine was there, but it has just now started to show. When I first saw yours, I thought maybe it flipped. I would definitely contact your doctor!

How do they fix a flipped port?

I just read your comment on the photo about the quarter...that seems then that the port isn't sitting right....see your doctor!

Seeing that I had a flipped port and just had it fixed on Monday I can tell you, to fix t, they open you back up and suture it back in again, my dr did in his office it didn't really hurt but I had the uses bruise ever. It's still very black and blue

I am 20 days out of surgery and I noticed a bulge on my port area too. The doctors assistant said it most likely is swelling and that it SHOULD go down. I have my first port fill appointment in two weeks and I am looking for more than a should

I'm three wks post op too, and I can feel, but not see, my port. If it was me, I'd contact my surgeon. Let is know how you make out, I have heard getting it flipped back is a really short procedure and they don't have to put you under. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

uhhh. looks flipped to me too. Im no Doctor... so I would say you should ask yours. Mine you cant see and to feel it I have to press way down while laying down. Maybe your port is sideways? Id get a doc to check that out Stat!

I went in for a fill today and showed your pic to my fill dr. She said that it looked like a flipped port. She said that you should be able to still get fills. It would be up to you if you want to get it fixed or not. It would probably be an out of pocket expense, which is a bummer. She said that because you are so newly banded, it might have happened if you picked up more than you were suppose to within your 6 week recovery time. My doctor said that we werent even suppose to push something that weighed more than 20 lbs (not even a grocery cart). I will admit i didnt follow that rule.

I would still go in a see your doctor to make sure that is what it is. Good luck to you!

Thank you so much for showing your doctor!!! I have an appointment tomorrow so hopefully we can figure it out from there!

I went in for a fill today and showed your pic to my fill dr. She said that it looked like a flipped port. She said that you should be able to still get fills. It would be up to you if you want to get it fixed or not. It would probably be an out of pocket expense, which is a bummer. She said that because you are so newly banded, it might have happened if you picked up more than you were suppose to within your 6 week recovery time. My doctor said that we werent even suppose to push something that weighed more than 20 lbs (not even a grocery cart). I will admit i didnt follow that rule.

I would still go in a see your doctor to make sure that is what it is. Good luck to you!

Update on first post!

I remember having a seroma, I think its called. it was a big knot right beside my insision. it lasted about a month before it went away. That could be it. ?!? I wish he would have given you a more clearer explanation.