Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Loss For Week 4 Post-Op

Even though I know that it's OK not to lose for one week it is still frustrating !!! I am having issues getting in the full 1000 cals a day. I am simply just not hungry during the day. I have to remind myself to eat in the morning, drink my protien shake and force the 60oz of Water down. But in the evening I get hungry. I eat a light dinner and when I get hungry later on in the night I eat a couple of sugar free popcycles(I don't want to eat anything heavy before I go to sleep). I am at a loss for things to do. I walk 30 mins a day and am starting beack at the gym tomorrow.

Does anyone have any advise for what they did if/when this happened to them ???Thanks for any and all advise.

Stacey

Sounds like you're doing fine. Within the first Phase you should not get hung up over certain things. There will be plenty of tome for that later on along your journey.

Have you been back to the Dr. since surgery? Aside for my one week post-op visit, I had my first visit at the 4 week mark where I got my first fill.

Keep doing exactly what you are! The weight you didn't lose this week will show up next week. Promise! Consistency over time wins the race!!! :)

Sounds like you're doing fine. Within the first Phase you should not get hung up over certain things. There will be plenty of tome for that later on along your journey.

Have you been back to the Dr. since surgery? Aside for my one week post-op visit, I had my first visit at the 4 week mark where I got my first fill.

I have been to the dr a couple of times and I go in for my 1st fill on the 18th ... I can't wait (even tho I am a little nervous about the needle).

Thank you for responding, hearing that I am doing things right really does help =0)

Keep doing exactly what you are! The weight you didn't lose this week will show up next week. Promise! Consistency over time wins the race!!! :)

Thanks, I will try not to stress about this little bump.

=0)

I was at a zero weight loss for a couple of weeks then I started going to the gym again and loss 7lbs that week so don't worry it will show next week

I was at a zero weight loss for a couple of weeks then I started going to the gym again and loss 7lbs that week so don't worry it will show next week

Thanks .. I sure hope I see something this week ... I go to the dr Sat for my 1st fill and I want to see that scale move !!!

My losses were never steady. That was the only thing i could count on. But if you stick to your rules and keep creating that calorie deficit, the losses will show in time. Our bodies let go of the weight when they are darned good and ready, not before.

For me, I just had to accept that it would be in increments when my body felt like letting go, not steady week-to-week losses. But this is all about the war, won by creating good habits. It isn't won by getting on the scale and showing a loss each time.

Hi Stacey, It seems you are following the plan. What I've been told my my doctor's office and have read on this site is that the first 4-6 weeks is for healing and to focus on the "rules" of the band. Like chewing, resting between bites, extended your meal time to 30 mins, getting the Protein and Water in, etc.... You are doing well. Like the others said, keep following the plan and the weight loss will come. I know it's frustrating. Although I've lost, most of it was preop. It's been 4 weeks for me (no fill yet) and my post-op loss is 9lbs out of the 23 I've lost. Good luck, you will do well.

Hi Stacey, It seems you are following the plan. What I've been told my my doctor's office and have read on this site is that the first 4-6 weeks is for healing and to focus on the "rules" of the band. Like chewing, resting between bites, extended your meal time to 30 mins, getting the Protein and Water in, etc.... You are doing well. Like the others said, keep following the plan and the weight loss will come. I know it's frustrating. Although I've lost, most of it was preop. It's been 4 weeks for me (no fill yet) and my post-op loss is 9lbs out of the 23 I've lost. Good luck, you will do well.

Thank you for your words of incouragement ... I lost 11lbs pre-op and 13lbs since being banded on 1/16. I guess I will just keep plugging almong and not stress as much. This site and the amazing people on it are a God Send !!! Good luck to you =0)